FM09 and 3D on MacBook?

• Administrators

Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb Ram, 13" model = 3D works fine. I was worried about this but luckily the guys at the MCC store played it also and assured me it worked.

Its brilliant!

Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb Ram, 13" model = 3D works fine. I was worried about this but luckily the guys at the MCC store played it also and assured me it worked.

Its brilliant!

does it work or does it work like a dream on the highest settings?

IIRC it doesnt work on the white macbooks or any with the old intel chips on board chips. I bought a new unibody macbook and that works fine in 3D, my old white macbook of similar spec apart from the graphics doesnt do 3D. I dont know if the new patch will support the old intel chips though.

does it work or does it work like a dream on the highest settings?

I have the same spec, works with no issues on full detail. Given that it can run warcraft etc, the graphics should not be a problem with the new unibody macbooks this version or for the next few years fingers crossed.

• Administrators

Well, I find it works well. I generally do other stuff whilst on FM, but on my gander with it, its fine. I'm going to try running a few leagues with it once its patched I think.

It will be fine! I got 4gb ram just for the extra oomphf, but you'll be fine, honestly. Macs > Windows

can run 3D on mine but it's really slow. Also for some reason the 2d is quite slow. Never had a problem with 08 at all.

no doubt about that.. fm08 ran like a dream on my old comp. but thats not the question, how good does fm09 3d match engine work on the lastest brand of macbooks :)

If your Mac is 10.4x then you will struggle to run 3D, if you have 10.5x then you should run 3D but the performance differs depending on what spec Mac you have, for example a 10 year old mac with 10.5.6 installed would struggle.

Your new machine, as long as it's 10.5 should not have a problem at all.

Archived