Will someone explain...?

I need some explaining done...

i have an amazing tatic its winning me games (etc etc), But, i am constantly having those moments in the game when the oppposition have unexplained free kicks, scores, leaves me fuming, and level/wins the game.

Im at my wits ened, as i have just finished a 6-6 game with a bottom of the league team, who i dominated. They only did this because of these unexplained freekicks.

as you can guess, im not a happy bunny.

Is there, and i pray to god there is, a way to minimilise this effect (or completely neutralise it)... and if so, how?

Please, please... help would be appreciated sooooooo much.

Cam

I need some explaining done...

i have an amazing tatic its winning me games (etc etc), But, i am constantly having those moments in the game when the oppposition have unexplained free kicks, scores, leaves me fuming, and level/wins the game.

Im at my wits ened, as i have just finished a 6-6 game with a bottom of the league team, who i dominated. They only did this because of these unexplained freekicks.

as you can guess, im not a happy bunny.

Is there, and i pray to god there is, a way to minimilise this effect (or completely neutralise it)... and if so, how?

Please, please... help would be appreciated sooooooo much.

Cam

There are numerous possibilities as to why this could happen, one being bad luck.

Another is that, as you are dominating, you could be pushing too many people forward leaving yourself exposed at the back, giving the opposition space to break when they win the ball.

What highlights setting to you watch games on? If it's key, it might be worth switching to either extended or full for a couple of matches to see if you can identify what the problem is.

When you say unexplained free kicks, do you mean they happen with no explanation at all from the game or that your team just seems to concede them a lot?

If it's the former it sounds like a bug (though I've personally never come across it), if it's the later then it depends on your tactical set up for tackling, closing down, and on your players as well. In the given example did the opposition score all their goals from free kicks?

Post the pkm from this 6-6 match please. You can use rapidshare, megaupload or filefront (or whatever host site you know of).

How to save a pkm (in case you don't know):-

Click on the match in your fixture list. In the left corner click on the save button and the pkm will be saved to the default user folder in a sub-folder called matches.

Curious to see what you call an unexplained free kick icon_smile.gif.

By 'unexplained' i mean that the highlight will pop up, with no run-up, and show the freekick (which the score from)

I have heard people complian because of this before, but i never came across an explanation, or a remedy.

I play extended highlights by the way.

I doubt its my tactics, seeing as i use a way of setting up my formation similar to Christlediablo (sp) for his macclesfield disscusion in the T&T forum. He hasn't complanied of it.

... and ive used other tactics to the same effect.

thanks for the quick reply icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">By 'unexplained' i mean that the highlight will pop up, with no run-up, and show the freekick (which the score from) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the way it's always been? The highlights often fail to show what happened in the lead up to a free kick, especially when a goal is part of the highlight.

Could be wrong though icon_smile.gif

isuckatfm - i should have explained that more clearly.

what i meant was that the highlight pops up, with no lead up (commentary or visual), and shows a random free kick which invribly leads to a goal.

hope that clears that up... im tired and my mind is working that well icon_biggrin.gif

Archived