How I dread..............seeing

How I dread seeing the comment before my next game XXXXXX striker Joe Somebody continues to suffer from a goal drought and has now gone xxx amount of mins without a goal.......cast iron guarantee he is bagging at least a double in game agains you

LOL yup, it's the kiss of death isn't it. You know he's going to bag a hatrick against you when you get that!

Worst thing I hate to read is,...

"no it's been disallowed ,... the whistle had already gone"

That phrase has cost me so many points over the years!

FYI your ellipsis is in the wrong place.
His ellipsis is also considerably longer than an ellipsis is meant to be... ;)

I don't actually have much of a problem with guys on goal droughts. My problem is that while I don't concede that many, the gits that do score always seem to be scoring their first ever goal for their club or their first goal of the season or whatever. Honestly, more often than not I find that a striker who's got 50 goals all season won't score against me but some left-back who has never scored in his 15-year playing career will hit a 30-yard rocket into the top corner :rolleyes:

His ellipsis is also considerably longer than an ellipsis is meant to be... ;)

I was going to let that one slide, i'm trying to cut down on my grammar Nazism ;).

I would like to throw my support behind "striker xxx has scored, that's his first goal for club xxx". Really tedious.

How I dread seeing the comment before my next game XXXXXX striker Joe Somebody continues to suffer from a goal drought and has now gone xxx amount of mins without a goal.......cast iron guarantee he is bagging at least a double in game agains you

yeah man spot on, noticed this too. so frustrating

I dread seeing my team 3-0 up at half time...not sure why but I always seem to get panned second half no matter what HT teamtalk I give.

When I'm 2-0 up, 5 minutes til half-time, on the attack, I'm virtually pleading with my own strikers to miss, so I can go on and win the game!

I Hate seeing the ref blowing for half time.

I could be up 10-0 at half time, it dont matter what me or my ass man tells the team, it is written that the opposition will claw thier way back into the game.

It is most probable that an opposition striker will bag himself a hat trick within the first 5 minutes of the second half

I Hate seeing the ref blowing for half time.

I could be up 10-0 at half time, it dont matter what me or my ass man tells the team, it is written that the opposition will claw thier way back into the game.

It is most probable that an opposition striker will bag himself a hat trick within the first 5 minutes of the second half

So so true. The opposition always seem to drink 'magic juice' at half time :D

Or get a goal against you and the comments state: It is a typical trademark finish form player xxxxx, followed by, that is his first goal for the club.

How do they know then it was a typical trademark finish by this guy, he only scored for the first time.

In FM07: (Player) is set to make his (number)th appearance.

There's a higher chance of them scoring, I learned that the hard way.

Sorry, no. Like the OP, these are FM myths, perpetuated my managers with myopia.

I see plenty 'Oppo X needs one more goal ....' or 'hasn't scored for ....' and they get nothing against me. I bet you do too but have selective memory.

I hate how it lets you run from the halfway line, score a goal and then have it ruled offside about 2 minutes after scoring the best goal of the season...

offsides never surprise me just look at the assistant ref: if he runs back towards half way - its a goal, if he stands still offside

Or get a goal against you and the comments state: It is a typical trademark finish form player xxxxx, followed by, that is his first goal for the club.

How do they know then it was a typical trademark finish by this guy, he only scored for the first time.

Hehe, you could have used a slightly better example. As it is, this is really easy to pick holes in. Say Man Utd sign Filippo Inzaghi in the summer. He's a wee bit uncomfortable for a few games and can't seem to score, then one day Giggs hits the ball into the six-yard box and Inzaghi gets a poaching tap-in. It may well be his first goal for Man Utd, but the man's spent 90% of his career in an offside position and many of his goals for Juventus, AC Milan and so on were tap-ins from six yards out or less :p

offsides never surprise me just look at the assistant ref: if he runs back towards half way - its a goal, if he stands still offside
...unless it's Derby vs Man Utd, in which case the assistant runs back towards the half way line to give the offside decision :D

I hate seeing your star striker get injured, looking at your substitutes bench, the only striker there hasnt scored since pre season, has only just come back from injury, and is only 85% match fit.

But you have to send him on, whatsmore, he fails to score, picks up a knock, plays til the end and you discover that he is going to need a couple more weeks with the medical staff.

Now you have two strikers out of action and you are left to browsing your youth squad to find a striker who might just be ready for a step up.

If you get really desperate you start recalling strikers back from loans, lets face it, they are mostly on loan because you didnt want them in the squad in the first place and you were unable to sell him during the transfer window.

Hehe, you could have used a slightly better example. As it is, this is really easy to pick holes in. Say Man Utd sign Filippo Inzaghi in the summer. He's a wee bit uncomfortable for a few games and can't seem to score, then one day Giggs hits the ball into the six-yard box and Inzaghi gets a poaching tap-in. It may well be his first goal for Man Utd, but the man's spent 90% of his career in an offside position and many of his goals for Juventus, AC Milan and so on were tap-ins from six yards out or less :p

Yeah on that case you are right, but I am playing in the lower regions of football, don't think that all these players are well known then.

So true, Champ leagu final v Liverpool, just before half time, pirlo shoots from a free kick and it rebounds off his face:mad:

It seems they are not only tap-ins, the ball just rebounds off him, he just happens to be in the right place at the right time

He should retire, let young Pato light up the stage

I dread seeing my team 3-0 up at half time...not sure why but I always seem to get panned second half no matter what HT teamtalk I give.

When I'm 2-0 up, 5 minutes til half-time, on the attack, I'm virtually pleading with my own strikers to miss, so I can go on and win the game!

Yep, my team have a long history of capitulating after a strong first half start.

then again, i do play as newcastle ;)

Sorry, no. Like the OP, these are FM myths, perpetuated my managers with myopia.

I see plenty 'Oppo X needs one more goal ....' or 'hasn't scored for ....' and they get nothing against me. I bet you do too but have selective memory.

Wrong. You should read a post properly before jumping in to attempt to shoot someone down.

And btw "wrong" is referring to the state of your reply, not its content.

Archived