Injuries: How to get players match fit?

Noticed there are already a lot of posts about the injury curses plaging FM2009, but couldn't find one about handling the player's recovery after injury.

Currently managing Liverpool and England in the 2010-11 season, with both flying high at the top of their respective leagues, all seems bright.

I splashed out £41.50m on Sergio Aguero in the summer but he has only played 5 games since signing for the club due to his awful record of injuries.

Looking at his history he's only had minor niggles at Athletico but since he joined he has broken his ankle and had hamstring trouble... my training can't be too severe as the injury problem has not spread to the rest of the 1st team (well aside from Stevie G having his regular season breakdown),

He's just returned to training following his hamstring trouble and i've been making him available for the Reserves to try and get his fitness back slowly, however he's played a number of games and still well off match fitness,

So, wondering whether reserve team is the best way to get him up-and-running? Or perhaps giving him a 10 minute run out a few games 1st team games? Or resting him completely until he's match fit?

Wondered if anyone else has similar issues, as I've just hit a sticky patch and need some goals, so thoughts appreciated...

Noticed there are already a lot of posts about the injury curses plaging FM2009, but couldn't find one about handling the player's recovery after injury.

Currently managing Liverpool and England in the 2010-11 season, with both flying high at the top of their respective leagues, all seems bright.

I splashed out £41.50m on Sergio Aguero in the summer but he has only played 5 games since signing for the club due to his awful record of injuries.

Looking at his history he's only had minor niggles at Athletico but since he joined he has broken his ankle and had hamstring trouble... my training can't be too severe as the injury problem has not spread to the rest of the 1st team (well aside from Stevie G having his regular season breakdown),

He's just returned to training following his hamstring trouble and i've been making him available for the Reserves to try and get his fitness back slowly, however he's played a number of games and still well off match fitness,

So, wondering whether reserve team is the best way to get him up-and-running? Or perhaps giving him a 10 minute run out a few games 1st team games? Or resting him completely until he's match fit?

Wondered if anyone else has similar issues, as I've just hit a sticky patch and need some goals, so thoughts appreciated...

When I had problems I used to put him on the bench and then bring him on for the last 15 initially, and then when he got closer to match fitness I would bring him on for 30 minutes.

try managing your ressies for a while / check up on what your ass man is actually doing with him in ressie games, as he may be playign the whole game which could have a negative effect, when what you want to do is gradually integrate him into the ressies, then when hes had a few full games, start giving him 20/30mins of 1st team games

Archived