Football Manager Wiki

At footballmanagerwiki.co.uk we pride ourselves on having some of the highest quality articles throughout the world of Football Manager. With guides on teams, graphics, editing and other essential Football Manager information, you can be sure that you will never need to look anywhere else. This site was set up by various members on the SI Forums to give fans of the game a chance to develop their knowledge on the game. For any questions regarding this website, feel free to ask in this thread.

We welcome all edits providing users are knowledgeable on the topic they are editing and all edits are completed with utmost maturity.

Signing up

It is necessary to sign up before making any edits at this time due to anonymous users abusing the system in the early days of this site.

Starting a new page

Type whatever you want to name the page in the search bar and hit 'go'. Then click 'create new page'.

Categorising Pages

After making your page, it's very important that you put the page in the correct category so that it will show up on the index page of the appropriate category. What you need to do to categorise your page is stick one (or more if necessary!) of these at the end of your page:

[[Category:Club Guides]]
[[Category:Player Profiles]]
[[Category:Nation Guides]]
[[Category:Player Profiles]]
[[Category:Non-Player Profiles]]
[[Category:Gameplay]]
[[Category:Graphics and Skinning]]
[[Category:Technical]]
[[Category:Stadia]]
[[Category:Game Releases]]
[[Category:Miscellaneous]]
[[Category:Challenges]]
[[Category:English Leagues]]
[[Category:UEFA Competitions]]
[[Category:Coca-Cola Championship - League 2 Clubs]]
[[Category:English Lower League Clubs]]
[[Category:English Premier League Clubs]]
[[Category:French Clubs]]
[[Category:Italian Clubs]]
[[Category:Other European Clubs]] 

Stub Tags

These are to be used on pages you feel lack content in one way or another. To use them put {{stub}} on the page you feel should be tagged. Stub index.

Guides on making wiki pages

Player Profiles

Club Guides

Help with wiki commands

=Main Header=

This header is the same size as the page title header. I wouldn't use it unless the page requires quite a lot of sub-categories, like this page for example.

==Secondary Header==

Most commonly used header.

===Another smaller header===

Use this when making a point linked to the one made in the secondary header.

Inserting Tables

{| border="1"
|'''Team'''
|'''Date'''
|-
|Argentina  
|1 August
|-
|Barbados 
|19 September
|-
|} 

If you were to type this into a wiki page, the result would be like so:

wiki-table.jpg?t=1247498512

Embedding Images

Not possible at this time due to lack of space. We will update this page when the issue has been resolved.

Thanks!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will help.

Will in includde the CM's before the split?(I think that it should)

Will it have its own domain?

Have a look at the wiki site that GillsMan linked to & look at the full list of articles. It seems to be a wiki for all things from the FM/CM series.

Just write it out word-by-word then?

That wouldn't make any difference. Sure if you're going to do that, you might as well copy & paste :D

I'm unsure as to whether we're allowed to copy anything from these forums, but I'd assume that we wouldn't be allowed unless we had permission from the creator.

That wouldn't make any difference. Sure if you're going to do that, you might as well copy & paste :D

I'm unsure as to whether we're allowed to copy anything from these forums, but I'd assume that we wouldn't be allowed unless we had permission from the creator.

I don't know, surely they can not prove you took it from the site if you wrote it word-by-word?

If you took, say, a Harry Potter e-book, typed it out word for word and printed it you still couldn't sell it as your own. It'd just be a colossal waste of time. Whenever you copy something of note it's always best to ask the author first, however on forums, unless specifically noted, there is no expectation of protection of rights - you're releasing what you type into the public domain essentially. You could still take legal action if your stuff is copied but it's unlikely to get very far. Wikis often have disclaimers relating to variants of the GNU (/FSF) GPL, so that any work submitted may be copied and used without explicit permission under the terms of that license - assumin that the person owns the rights to the work they are submitting.

Be best to ask for the writers permission before posting anything from there.

offtopic:

First of all, may I ask any of writers -

"Do you post your posts here under any license (such as Creative Commons or others)? If you don't want to distribute your articles - don't post it here. If you want to distribute it under license - feel free."

Simply I thinks that it's copyrights' paranoya))

Excuse my English))

I'll do an article on L2 teams as i suppport Wycombe Wanderers and go to most games home and away, so i know quite a lot about L2. Anyone want to help with teams such as Barnet, Morcambe and Lincon City. Post if you can help me with any info for League 2.

Cheers :thup:

Hamilton162

Archived