+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 3390

Thread: Football Manager Wiki

  1. #1701
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Fair enough TOM, that's what I'll call you from now on.

  2. #1702
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Fair enough TOM, that's what I'll call you from now on.
    No you idiot, it's TOM

  3. #1703
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Is arsenal always this sarcastic?

  4. #1704
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,409

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Is arsenal always this sarcastic?
    His name is Jammy Tom

    Oh crud; what have I done?

  5. #1705
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th September 2008
    Location
    17 Mei, Banjarmasin
    Posts
    3,877

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    No you idiot, it's TOM
    No it's not, it's TOM

    Good work guys, keep it up

  6. #1706
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by JSalter View Post
    No it's not, it's TOM

    Good work guys, keep it up
    is his surname.

    And I think you'll find his name is in italics. Some people...

    EDIT: Just seen you have edited your post and the quote is written in italics for the whole thing. But, my fans, I can assure you that is was previously written TOM

  7. #1707
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th September 2008
    Location
    17 Mei, Banjarmasin
    Posts
    3,877

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    is his surname.

    And I think you'll find his name is in italics. Some people...
    Look again, it is in italics... ;)

  8. #1708
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Back on topic: I might do some more tonight. Not many players have their birthdays today so

  9. #1709
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Yeah, I think we should cut it out now. We've gone way off topic.

  10. #1710
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Indeed Jammy, some people ;)

    EDIT: Will get back on topic when i return Alan

  11. #1711
    Third Team
    Join Date
    30th March 2007
    Location
    FMS Prediction League 2011-12 Champion
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    You lot crack me up....

  12. #1712
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by BenArsenal View Post
    You lot crack me up....
    You should be ashamed of yourself tbh.

    I've expanded the FML page a bit.

  13. #1713
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I've done a bit of housekeeping - updated the bit on 9.3 on the main page, re-categorised a few pages that had not so much content and changed the layout of two or three stadium factfiles to keep things consistent (hope you don't mind Rob).

  14. #1714
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    18,974

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    i would help out, but im lazy.

  15. #1715
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by docklanders View Post
    i would help out, but im lazy.
    Eh? Cheers I suppose

  16. #1716
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Nice docklanders - straight to the point.

  17. #1717
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,409

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I think he is saying that he would help out but won't because he can not be arsed.

  18. #1718
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    I think he is saying that he would help out but won't because he can not be arsed.
    Thanks for that Peter.

  19. #1719
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    18,974

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    well if you want me to edit the millwall stadium page, id be glad to help out, but the rest, nah, i think ill just sit in the sun...

    im trying to annoy you, its not working, so i will get to my original point, ive been on the site and its looking good, keep it up lads

  20. #1720
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I've done a bit of housekeeping - updated the bit on 9.3 on the main page, re-categorised a few pages that had not so much content and changed the layout of two or three stadium factfiles to keep things consistent (hope you don't mind Rob).
    I don't mind.

    Although, I haven't looked at what you have changed yet

    I will look now.

  21. #1721
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Cheers mate. Help (if you want) if/when you can.

  22. #1722
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by docklanders View Post
    well if you want me to edit the millwall stadium page, id be glad to help out, but the rest, nah, i think ill just sit in the sun...

    im trying to annoy you, its not working, so i will get to my original point, ive been on the site and its looking good, keep it up lads
    Very true tbh.

    Cheers anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    I don't mind.

    Although, I haven't looked at what you have changed yet

    I will look now.
    I just added that box-thingy that you have in most of your factfiles. Hopefully that makes sense.

  23. #1723
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    18,974

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    right

    well i love to help out in everything, so after my exams ill do some research on wikipedia and see how you "do it" < insert better choice of words there

    tbh ive been looking at the site and wishing i could help out for a while now, but just didnt want to ask in case of embarrassment. (just like prom) [not, shes fit! ]

  24. #1724
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    What are you stuck on? To be honest it's fairly complicated at the start, but you get used to it.

  25. #1725
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Do you really think that you'll embarass yourself with adding some material to the wiki?

  26. #1726
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    It's fine what you have done, Alan.

    The stadiums you edited where ones not done by me, and I guess people don't know about the layout that I want them done in.

    Apart from Portman Road, which I did but I must have forgot to put the box thing on it, unless someone removed it

    The other two you edited:

    Galpharm Stadium and Alexandra Stadium

    I don't know who made these. Although, Alexandra has a different layout to the layout on all of mine, but I know why the person did this and I will sort it.

    I have loads of stadiums to add, but I just haven't got around to it yet.

  27. #1727
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    It was jimmyriddle as it turns out. I just naturally associate you with stadium factfiles tbh.

  28. #1728
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    18,974

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ssestig View Post
    Do you really think that you'll embarass yourself with adding some material to the wiki?
    pretty much, cos id probably delete the whole site or something! Not a technical person me

  29. #1729
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    It was me who had started the Alexandra Stadium page and not finished it.


    Edit: Docklanders - If you can/want add some information on Millwall and their players.

  30. #1730
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I'm not a technical person Jon and i am adding stuff to the site when i can. Frustrating for WW atm as we have been dominant, but we need to score, then we will be going up

  31. #1731
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Ah right stig, jimmyriddle did the rest though I *think*. Most of the other stadium pages have Rob's layout, so I thought we might as well stick to it, unless anyone prefers the other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    I'm not a technical person Jon and i am adding stuff to the site when i can. Frustrating for WW atm as we have been dominant, but we need to score, then we will be going up
    Who are you?
    Last edited by ahmufcwafc; 26-04-2009 at 16:09.

  32. #1732
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    18,974

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    hamilton - well, champions is out of the reach mate, but im sure promotion will be sweet after last seasons playoff semi loss.

    ssestig - can and will do in the near future, editing graphs on my geog c/work atm, but dont worry i will do some.
    Last edited by docklanders; 25-04-2009 at 16:18. Reason: pomotion-promotion

  33. #1733
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I thought it was you Stig.

    You followed the layout posted in the discussion page, I presume.

    I have kind of changed it to make it look better and include the information on the Stadiums/Facilities page.

    Does anyone think that I should include Training and Youth Facilities in the stadia articles?

    I haven't done so far because I thought that it isn't part of the stadium but I guess it could be useful information. Plus, I don't think this information has been put anywhere else for the teams so far. Although, it could be in a fraction of the Club Guides.

    It is definately too small to have a whole article about though for each clubs.

  34. #1734
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    The FC United page should be up when i get back from the WW game as it is almost complete

  35. #1735
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post

    Does anyone think that I should include Training and Youth Facilities in the stadia articles?

    I haven't done so far because I thought that it isn't part of the stadium but I guess it could be useful information. Plus, I don't think this information has been put anywhere else for the teams so far. Although, it could be in a fraction of the Club Guides.

    It is definately too small to have a whole article about though for each clubs.
    A big from me.

  36. #1736
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Tom, are you on your phone or I-touch? Or something?

  37. #1737
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    I thought it was you Stig.

    You followed the layout posted in the discussion page, I presume.

    I have kind of changed it to make it look better and include the information on the Stadiums/Facilities page.

    Does anyone think that I should include Training and Youth Facilities in the stadia articles?

    I haven't done so far because I thought that it isn't part of the stadium but I guess it could be useful information. Plus, I don't think this information has been put anywhere else for the teams so far. Although, it could be in a fraction of the Club Guides.

    It is definately too small to have a whole article about though for each clubs.
    Correct I did.
    I think to include it as it is pat of the facilities of the club(s) that use the stadium.

  38. #1738
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    18,974

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    he wont be replying now, port vale

  39. #1739
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    Tom, are you on your phone or I-touch? Or something?
    Yep, i'm on my iPhone Rob. Still no goals though, we should be ahead by 2 or 3. WW need to win as we need to win to stay in the title race as Brentford are 3-0 up Stupid Darlo player getting himself sent off after 2 mins :mad:

    EDIT: NOOOOOOO :mad: WE ARE BEHIND 1-0 VALE

  40. #1740
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Well WW match finished 1-1 after an 80th min equiliser and i have uploaded the Dafuge's Challenge page to the website lads FC United article should be up later on tonight

  41. #1741
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Cheers hamilton, I see you've added a page on dafuge's challenge. I hope you don't take offense to this, but I think there's a good bit there that's not really appropriate. For example, the 'Rules for this thread' bit makes it look like a blind copy and paste job from the challenge thread.

  42. #1742
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Isn't the whole page taken from the post?

    Needs to be rewritten imo, so it makes more sense in the format it is in.

    Also, does anyone have permission from Dafuge to make a page about it?

  43. #1743
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Isn't the whole page taken from the post?

    Needs to be rewritten imo, so it makes more sense in the format it is in.

    Also, does anyone have permission from Dafuge to make a page about it?
    The first two lines aren't, I think. Maybe we should just link to the challenge thread after that?

  44. #1744
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    The first two lines aren't, I think. Maybe we should just link to the challenge thread after that?
    I think maybe a little bit explaining what the challenge is, and then links to www.dafugeschallenge.com and the thread?

    But, like I said, wouldn't we need permission from Dafuge to make a page on his challenge?

  45. #1745
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    I think maybe a little bit explaining what the challenge is, and then links to www.dafugeschallenge.com and the thread?

    But, like I said, wouldn't we need permission from Dafuge to make a page on his challenge?
    I highly doubt you need permission to make a page on the challenge. Copying and pasting from the thread yes, but making a page on it - most likely no.

  46. #1746
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Asking him now via PM.

  47. #1747
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Sorry lads, if anyone needs to make changes, which is most likely, then feel free as some of the text is mucked up. Forgot to ask Daf's permission, but i'm sure he won't mind.

    I only copied and pasted as i don't have much time atm with revision and other things

  48. #1748
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Sorry lads, if anyone needs to make changes, which is most likely, then feel free as some of the text is mucked up. Forgot to ask Daf's permission, but i'm sure he won't mind.

    I only copied and pasted as i don't have much time atm with revision and other things
    I've edited out most of the bit you copy and pasted, just for now.

  49. #1749
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    It is in its fourth year by the way ;)

  50. #1750
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Daf says that's fine.

    Edit: Hi Daf *waves*

  51. #1751
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Sorry Daf, wasn't sure if it was 3 or 4 years it had been running for. Cheers for permission btw

    Thanks for editing it Alan

  52. #1752
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Hi dafuge

    I think that page is done now, don't really think anything else needs adding. I put a little bit at the end about the rules, but nothing too much. If anyone thinks that there should be more on the rules then just add it in.

    Are we going to do pages for other popular challenges? Like, Gundo's?

    EDIT: I've also done a couple of redirects for Dafuge's Challenge.
    Last edited by arsenal_2111; 25-04-2009 at 19:38.

  53. #1753
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Hi dafuge

    I think that page is done now, don't really think anything else needs adding. I put a little bit at the end about the rules, but nothing too much. If anyone thinks that there should be more on the rules then just add it in.

    Are we going to do pages for other popular challenges? Like, Gundo's?
    Maybe one page dedicated to challenges?

  54. #1754
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Maybe one page dedicated to challenges?
    I reckon having a page each for the most popular challenges (Gundo's, Dafuge's and Ter's San Marino) is alright, then a seperate challenges page for other, less popular/well known, challenges. ?

  55. #1755
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I would agree with a section for challenges, then all of the challenges put in it. I have added the FC United page as well guys, i will edit it when i have time. If someone could add a picture of their badge and links to Bury FC, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Dafuge's Challenge, that would be great

  56. #1756
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    I would agree with a section for challenges, then all of the challenges put in it. I have added the FC United page as well guys, i will edit it when i have time. If someone could add a picture of their badge and links to Bury FC, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Dafuge's Challenge, that would be great
    Haven't done the badge, but done links.

    For future reference, all you need to do it put [[ ]] around what you want to be linked (as long as it is the exact name of the page)

  57. #1757
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    I reckon having a page each for the most popular challenges (Gundo's, Dafuge's and Ter's San Marino) is alright, then a seperate challenges page for other, less popular/well known, challenges. ?
    I think we should start with a single page for all the challenges, then when it gets too big, maybe go onto separate pages. It's all up to you guys though.

  58. #1758
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Do seperate pages and make a category for them Alan, then it will be more organised

  59. #1759
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Can we do sub categories? Would be good to have a sub category inside Miscellaneous called Challenges. Is this possible?

  60. #1760
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Can we do sub categories? Would be good to have a sub category inside Miscellaneous called Challenges. Is this possible?
    I'll have a look into it, although I doubt I'll be able to do anything without jod's help tbh.

  61. #1761
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I'll have a look into it, although I doubt I'll be able to do anything without jod's help tbh.
    Or JJay's, but I haven't seen him for a bit either.

  62. #1762
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    The page 'Chester' is redirecting to Chester City, which isn't made yet. Could the Chester page be deleted, as it isn't needed?

  63. #1763
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    The page 'Chester' is redirecting to Chester City, which isn't made yet. Could the Chester page be deleted, as it isn't needed?
    I think we should wait and see what stig has to say on this, seeing he made the page. Do you plan on using it as the title for another page?

  64. #1764
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I think we should wait and see what stig has to say on this, seeing he made the page. Do you plan on using it as the title for another page?
    No, I didn't want to use it, but saw it when looking at broken redirects etc. Was just wondering.

  65. #1765
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    No, I didn't want to use it, but saw it when looking at broken redirects etc. Was just wondering.
    Ah right, fair enough then.

  66. #1766
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Started the Chester page and added it to the stubs. Completely forgot about it tbh.

  67. #1767
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Strange, I made a post in here but it's been deleted. I'll do a shorter version this time.

    In the abreviations page it shows HTH. Is this ever used? I've never seen it tbh.

  68. #1768
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I saw hamilton use it the other day, and didn't have a clue what it meant! A quick google search says hope that helps. I say we keep it.

  69. #1769
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Yep, i added that as i was getting fed up of writing "Hope that Helps" to everyone who i helped solve a problem I use it a lot anyway so it made sense to add it

  70. #1770
    International Squad
    Join Date
    20th October 2006
    Location
    Rhône-Alpes
    Posts
    31,578

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Who wrote the Jérémy Toulalan one?

  71. #1771
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by HoPeY View Post
    Who wrote the Jérémy Toulalan one?
    ssestig did. Out of interest, why do you ask?

  72. #1772
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by HoPeY View Post
    Who wrote the Jérémy Toulalan one?
    All information taken from www.wikipedia.org

    Read the article fgs! I knew you'd be causing trouble when I saw you'd made a post ;)

  73. #1773
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Stig wrote it HoPeY

  74. #1774
    International Squad
    Join Date
    20th October 2006
    Location
    Rhône-Alpes
    Posts
    31,578

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    ssestig did. Out of interest, why do you ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    All information taken from www.wikipedia.org

    Read the article fgs! I knew you'd be causing trouble when I saw you'd made a post
    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Stig wrote it HoPeY
    So Stig wrote it? Or was it taken from wiki's official site? Which is it boys? Make your minds up?

    Anyway there are some slight problems with it that is all, not moaning I was simply asking who wrote it.

  75. #1775
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by HoPeY View Post
    So Stig wrote it? Or was it taken from wiki's official site? Which is it boys? Make your minds up?

    Anyway there are some slight problems with it that is all, not moaning I was simply asking who wrote it.
    Stig posted it on fmwiki, but the information is copied from normal wiki. Care to make any corrections to it? ;)

  76. #1776
    International Squad
    Join Date
    20th October 2006
    Location
    Rhône-Alpes
    Posts
    31,578

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    He also plays for the France national football team. He demarcation is usually as a defensive midfielder. He is best known for his shy and humble demeanor, simple distribution, good technique and effective tackling.
    Spot the flaw. ;)

    I can also tell you "simple distribution" is wrong. Effective tackling is an interesting phrase to use; I’ll have a proper look at the whole article in a while.

    I’ll keep my Lyon bias views to a minimum!

  77. #1777
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by HoPeY View Post
    Spot the flaw. ;)
    He demarcation?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoPeY View Post
    I can also tell you "simple distribution" is wrong. Effective tackling is an interesting phrase to use; I’ll have a proper look at the whole article in a while.

    I’ll keep my Lyon bias views to a minimum!
    "Toulalan is the best defensive midfielder in the world. He is to me how Song and Coquelin are to Dhuey"

    HoPeY, you can't put that!

  78. #1778
    International Squad
    Join Date
    20th October 2006
    Location
    Rhône-Alpes
    Posts
    31,578

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    He demarcation?
    It's not just that, it's the whole phrasing of that paragraph. Anyway it's not important if it's edited or not I guess. I'm glad it was taken from 'normal' wiki otherwise someone would be in trouble. ;)

  79. #1779
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I took all the info from 'normal' wiki and skimmed it to remove any citations and din't read it word for word. In what way would I have been in trouble?

  80. #1780
    International Squad
    Join Date
    20th October 2006
    Location
    Rhône-Alpes
    Posts
    31,578

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Misrepresenting a very good player perhaps? ;)

    Could add more to that list.

  81. #1781
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Alan, do you understand EDT files? I want to do a future regen thing but don't know what to call the file.


  82. #1782
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Not really to be honest. To be honest I don't know who to ask now that jod's gone. Not much point asking in the editors forum either, there doesn't seem to be any regular helpers in there now, just a massive amount of questions with few answered. I try to help out there occasionally, but it's all a bit messy in there.

    Anyway, I'm rambling on now so simple answer - no

  83. #1783
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Haha, ok then. No worries.

    I've called it future_regen.edt, hope it works...

  84. #1784
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    What exactly are you trying to do? You've completely lost me now if I'm being honest.

  85. #1785
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do? You've completely lost me now if I'm being honest.
    Add a future regen into the game as a EDT file. This page;

    http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk..._and_LNC_Files

    is what I used, very good guide except for it doesn't say the titles fo them.

  86. #1786
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Oh, you can save the files as whatever you want, as long as they have .edt at the end I think.

  87. #1787
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I added a stadium guide for Adams Park as well lads

  88. #1788
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I'd just like to thank RodrigoFlores for making a few edits to the wiki today. So cheers, whoever you are ;)

  89. #1789
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,409

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Rodrigo is a very cool name.

  90. #1790
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Peter

    Alan, would you be able to change the badge on the Harpenden Town page from the current badge to the one in the Harpenden Town thread please? Cheers

  91. #1791
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Poor show Peter... ;)

    Done Jammy

  92. #1792
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Thanks

  93. #1793
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I was thinking that logo looked a bit "out-dated".

  94. #1794
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I was thinking that logo looked a bit "out-dated".
    Yeah, the one you had before is the proper one but I didn't like it so I made a new one

  95. #1795
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    The old one looked like it was taken from a disposable camera.

  96. #1796
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    The old one looked like it was taken from a disposable camera.
    I think it was...

    To be fair the new one is shabby, I did it on Paint

  97. #1797
    Minor African Countries Head Researcher
    Join Date
    21st July 2004
    Location
    Evertonia
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Can you install the following extension?

    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions

  98. #1798
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lou View Post
    Can you install the following extension?

    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions
    What's that meant to do? Is it needed?

    And Alan, where did your posts go?

  99. #1799
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,612

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Sorry for the lack of progress (or no progress at all ), but I've just noticed the United States article looks a clone of my MLS article...thought it would be about the US National Team article...

    I probably won't do anything to it though. I'm busy till June with coursework and don't have a lot of time on my hands.

  100. #1800
    Minor African Countries Head Researcher
    Join Date
    21st July 2004
    Location
    Evertonia
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    What's that meant to do? Is it needed?
    It will allow the use of IF statements in templates allowing pages to be up to date. In my opinion it is needed so that templates can be improved. Without it the ability to create templates (such as infoboxes) is impaired.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts