+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 600 of 3390

Thread: Football Manager Wiki

  1. #501
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    I've finished Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United(which took A LOT of work) and Wigan.

    Seeing as the new Wiki has been made by all of us, should we change the introduction a bit?

    At the moment it says


    I think the second sentence needs changing a little, to give us all a little credit instead of just peter. Who fully deserves the credit, fwiw, for creating the first one.
    Also about the home page. Do we want to change it to make it look not like Wikipedia but have it laid out with not just a list of articles?

    For example have coloured boxes with the text in them, a header at the top with Welcome to FMWiki or something? And then have links to different sections up there or whatever?

    If you have a look at Wikipedia's home page, you will see a bit about what I mean.

    Just throwing out some ideas for if not now for trying to improve the layout when we feel we need to.

    EDIT: Just saw snootyjim's post. Panels was the word I wanted instead of boxes.

  2. #502
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,623

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Ok, MLS page all updated on the new site.

    Hope to make some individual team pages, along with individual player FM wiki pages for MLS players in the near future.

  3. #503
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    The Premier League page is really starting to do well, all guides I have been given permission for have been done.

    I may make some player guides, but I'm not sure yet.

  4. #504
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    If anyone has a look at my user page on the wiki, you will see a banner. That was something I was thinking of to start of with on the home page. Obviously it can be changed colour wise, text wise and so on and I just threw in a few links. What do people think of something like that?

    Oh yeah I meant to say about this on the last wiki and I forgot. I never knew Sunderland was Sunderland Athletic. Is that right?

  5. #505
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    If anyone has a look at my user page on the wiki, you will see a banner. That was something I was thinking of to start of with on the home page. Obviously it can be changed colour wise, text wise and so on and I just threw in a few links. What do people think of something like that?

    Oh yeah I meant to say about this on the last wiki and I forgot. I never knew Sunderland was Sunderland Athletic. Is that right?
    Their full name is Sunderland Athletic Football Club. Do you think I should change it to just Sunderland? If you search for Sunderland it comes up anyway, as a redirected page. Still, if you think it would be better as just Sunderland then it's no problem.

  6. #506
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2006
    Posts
    1,417

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Yeah I chucked in the redirect for that very reason... I think we should stick with official names for the club pages though, it looks a bit more professional and is more consistent if you know what I mean.

    As for the home page, I think something like this or this could be good. As they're examples of gamewikis I thought they might be a good place to start.

  7. #507
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Their full name is Sunderland Athletic Football Club. Do you think I should change it to just Sunderland? If you search for Sunderland it comes up anyway, as a redirected page. Still, if you think it would be better as just Sunderland then it's no problem.
    Another Wiki - Wikipedia has this:

    Sunderland Association Football Club are a professional association football club based in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, England, that compete in the Premier League.
    ;)

  8. #508
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    Mr Toad! I can't...
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    I've finished Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United(which took A LOT of work) and Wigan.

    Seeing as the new Wiki has been made by all of us, should we change the introduction a bit?

    At the moment it says


    I think the second sentence needs changing a little, to give us all a little credit instead of just peter. Who fully deserves the credit, fwiw, for creating the first one.
    Really good work there arsenal_2111. Just a tiny point, the second last sentence on the disclaimers read "...I can not guarentee that the below is the exact ..." It should say 'above'. Oh and you spelt guarantee wrong ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by snooty_jim View Post
    I agree, but I think to be honest the whole front page / introduction could probably do with gutting.

    Eventually it would be nice to see a structured page with various panels like you would for a typical gamewiki, and all of that type of information from above could be moved into its own 'About Wiki' page or similar.

    Hence, maybe it's better to leave it for now, and wait until there's something more substantial in the way of pages whose links can then be used to populate the main page?
    Yes I agree with this also.

  9. #509
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2006
    Posts
    1,417

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Another Wiki - Wikipedia has this:



    ;)
    That's that sorted then

  10. #510
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2006
    Posts
    1,417

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I've got to get on with fixing my dad's laptop so I'm done for the night.

    Will pop back next time I have a few free minutes, there must be tonnes of content we can add to this thing!

  11. #511
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Anyway, I am off to bed.

    Glad you liked the banner snooty_jim.

    What you think of the panel that I have now on my page? It is similar to Wikipedia but obviously could be changed.

    Anyway, great work everyone.

    Lost of club articles, Arsenal which is great.

  12. #512
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,623

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Anyway, I am off to bed.

    Glad you liked the banner snooty_jim.

    What you think of the panel that I have now on my page? It is similar to Wikipedia but obviously could be changed.

    Anyway, great work everyone.

    Lost of club articles, Arsenal which is great.
    Aw boo! No respect for the MLS article! :mad: ;)

    Good night jod.

  13. #513
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    Mr Toad! I can't...
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Just looked at the MLS article and it's excellent, well done Rancer

    I'm off to bed myself now. Jod, i've just added an article about League Standard, can you check it over tomorrow and see if you agree with what i've written, i think you also have a bit of knowledge about this area if memory serves me correct.

    Well done guys, the Wiki is coming along nicely

  14. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,409

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    If you want to change the front page, change it. I initially made that when I first got the wiki and I am suprised no one has changed it yet. Do what you like

  15. #515
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    12th June 2005
    Location
    #wegoagain
    Posts
    25,392

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Slightly annoying is that the page is too wide and I have to scroll across sideways.

    I hate scroll bars

  16. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,409

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    Slightly annoying is that the page is too wide and I have to scroll across sideways.

    I hate scroll bars
    Me too, the layout definitely needs to be improved in the future.

  17. #517
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I have no sideways scrollbars strangely, & I'm using a laptop with a relatively small screen.

  18. #518
    Third Team
    Join Date
    25th March 2008
    Location
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
    Posts
    9,594

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Only just caught up with this. Can we put images in?

    I was going to make an article on setting up your game.

  19. #519
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by weeeman27bob View Post
    Only just caught up with this. Can we put images in?

    I was going to make an article on setting up your game.
    We need JJay to give us privileges to put in images. So no, not yet.

  20. #520
    Third Team
    Join Date
    25th March 2008
    Location
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
    Posts
    9,594

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Ok.

    I'll still make the article, but without images for the time being.

  21. #521
    Third Team
    Join Date
    25th March 2008
    Location
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
    Posts
    9,594

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki



    I want to make a new page called "Setting up your game" but I don't know how to.

  22. #522
    Banned
    Join Date
    1st December 2007
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    Because the interface of the free site won't allow us too.

    If you look at any other wiki site, none of them look like Wikipedia.
    You sure

    http://www.grimepedia.co.uk/wiki/Grime_Wikipedia:About

  23. #523
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Galactus - I think CaptainPlanet was just trying to say that not all wikis look like wikipedia, & not that none of them do.

    We've moved to a more wikipedia-esque site now anyway.

  24. #524
    Reserves
    Join Date
    2nd April 2007
    Posts
    10,380

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    There's already a football manager wikipedia site up, although it doesn't go talk about clubs like your one does, or as much detail.

    http://footballmanager.wikia.com/wik...l_Manager_2009

    You might already know this, I was just pointing it out.

    EDIT: Just noticed that you already knew this. My bad
    Last edited by DiscoStu94; 20-02-2009 at 12:43.

  25. #525
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Another Wiki - Wikipedia has this:


    Oh right, sorry. I had always thought that it stood for Sunderland Athletic! Would you be able to change the page name for me please, it doesn't seem to be letting me

    Quote Originally Posted by small Mac View Post
    Really good work there arsenal_2111. Just a tiny point, the second last sentence on the disclaimers read "...I can not guarentee that the below is the exact ..." It should say 'above'. Oh and you spelt guarantee wrong ;)
    Thanks for pointing that out, with most of them I changed that but as I just copied it from the old site is said below. What page did I forget to change it on?


    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu94 View Post
    There's already a football manager wikipedia site up, although it doesn't go talk about clubs like your one does, or as much detail.

    http://footballmanager.wikia.com/wik...l_Manager_2009

    You might already know this, I was just pointing it out.

    EDIT: Just noticed that you already knew this. My bad
    I'm pretty sure that was linked to near the start of the thread, and we decided that it was a bit out of date. Tbh I think a official site rather than a signup thing is better. Thanks anyway

  26. #526
    josh9393
    Guest

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    have been following this great project for the last few days and would love to get involved if that's ok.

  27. #527
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by josh9393 View Post
    have been following this great project for the last few days and would love to get involved if that's ok.
    You're very welcome as far as I'm concerned

  28. #528
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Thanks to whoever changed Sunderland's

    Quote Originally Posted by small Mac View Post
    Really good work there arsenal_2111. Just a tiny point, the second last sentence on the disclaimers read "...I can not guarentee that the below is the exact ..." It should say 'above'. Oh and you spelt guarantee wrong ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111
    Thanks for pointing that out, with most of them I changed that but as I just copied it from the old site is said below. What page did I forget to change it on?
    Never mind, realised that there was two places that it was meant to be changed, and I'd only done one. But they are all changed now, as it the spelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by josh9393 View Post
    have been following this great project for the last few days and would love to get involved if that's ok.
    Of course you can get involved, anyone can as long as they know a lot about the subject they are writing about and the articles are of a high quality.

    If you do write one, let us know what it is so we can make sure that no-one else does it/is doing it.

    Good luck

    -------------------------

    For the Premier League, shouldn't the page be called 'English Premier League Clubs' not 'Premiership Clubs', as EPL is from FM, and Premiership is the old term. As far as I know I'm not allowed to change title, so I would appriciate it if someone else could do that.

  29. #529
    Third Team
    Join Date
    25th March 2008
    Location
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
    Posts
    9,594

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Seems sensible.

    Make sure the english league threads are listed by divison rather than alphabetical order though.

  30. #530
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I'll start working on tags for the articles now.

  31. #531
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I'll start working on tags for the articles now.
    Are you an admin on it? If so, would you be able to change the name of the Premier League page please? Either to Premier League, English Premier League, English Premier Division. Just something more FM-like.

  32. #532
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Are you an admin on it? If so, would you be able to change the name of the Premier League page please? Either to Premier League, English Premier League, English Premier Division. Just something more FM-like.
    I'm an admin, but I don't seem to have the privileges to edit the title either. What you could do is make a new page with the 'Premier League Clubs' title, copy & paste everything from the old page into it, & replace the old Premiership page with the new Premier League one.

  33. #533
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Location
    St Helens - XBL Zer0cool96
    Posts
    3,276

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Ive just added a Liverpool manager histroy but i cant make it look as good as some of the others :s

  34. #534
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by HuwFlet View Post
    Ive just added a Liverpool manager histroy but i cant make it look as good as some of the others :s
    I fixed it up a bit for you Huw.

  35. #535
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I'm an admin, but I don't seem to have the privileges to edit the title either. What you could do is make a new page with the 'Premier League Clubs' title, copy & paste everything from the old page into it, & replace the old Premiership page with the new Premier League one.
    Alright, I've done that. It's all linked up, but the page 'Premiership Clubs' is still there. Do you know how to redirect it to the new page, or to delete it altogether?

    I've sent out some PM's asking for permission to use club threads, to all writers of Premier League threads. Hopefully the Prem should be done by the end of the day.

  36. #536
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Alright, I've done that. It's all linked up, but the page 'Premiership Clubs' is still there. Do you know how to redirect it to the new page, or to delete it altogether?

    I've sent out some PM's asking for permission to use club threads, to all writers of Premier League threads. Hopefully the Prem should be done by the end of the day.
    Just delete the old page & replace it with the new one. That's the best we can do I think.

    Good to hear we might have the Premiership page complete soon

  37. #537
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Just delete the old page & replace it with the new one. That's the best we can do I think.

    Good to hear we might have the Premiership page complete soon
    Yeah, but how do I delete a page? There doesn't seem to be an option to do that.

    Fulham, Villa and Newcastle have just been done.

  38. #538
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Yeah, but how do I delete a page? There doesn't seem to be an option to do that.

    Fulham, Villa and Newcastle have just been done.
    Oh, I guess only admins can delete pages. Could you link me to the page you want deleted?

  39. #539
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Oh, I guess only admins can delete pages. Could you link me to the page you want deleted?
    I can't link you to it, because every page seems to be the home page adress

    But it's the page called 'Premiership Clubs'

  40. #540
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Right, it should be gone now.

    The amount of progress we've made in such a short space of time is fantastic. KUTGW guys!

  41. #541
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    22nd January 2008
    Location
    Troillonge
    Posts
    1,542

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki


  42. #542
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I will register and do some work on some articles now.

  43. #543
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Attributes

    Just did this quick article on attributes.

  44. #544
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Guys, how do you do redirections? I've made Olympique Lyonnais' page, but want to make it so 'Lyon' redirects there. Any idea how?

  45. #545
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Guys, how do you do redirections? I've made Olympique Lyonnais' page, but want to make it so 'Lyon' redirects there. Any idea how?
    I tried to figure this out earlier. Don't have a clue, it's all so complicated.

  46. #546
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I will link it for you if you have posted it.

    You go to the page you want to link it from and do a thing like this:

    [[Lyon]]

  47. #547
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    BTW, do you prefer the layout of the Premiership teams, i just changed it because it looked messy.

  48. #548
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    I will link it for you if you have posted it.

    You go to the page you want to link it from and do a thing like this:

    [[Lyon]]
    I don't think that's what he's talking about though. He said that he wants people to be redirected to the Olympique Lyonnais page when they type 'Lyon' into the search box.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    BTW, do you prefer the layout of the Premiership teams, i just changed it because it looked messy.
    Much better

  49. #549
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I tried to figure this out earlier. Don't have a clue, it's all so complicated.
    Hmm, thanks anyway. Will have to ask someone who is used to the site.

    ------

    Rob, thanks, but like said that's not really what I meant.

  50. #550
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    BTW, do you prefer the layout of the Premiership teams, i just changed it because it looked messy.
    Yeah, it's better now.

    I did it yesterday, but I'm concentrating on getting the team screens done at the moment so I didn't put muchtime into it.

  51. #551
    Banned
    Join Date
    24th November 2008
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    No biggy but XML passing error should read XML parsing error

  52. #552
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    What is the new website URL and has everything been moved over as i have been out for the past 2 days

  53. #553
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I have also edited the About Me, attributes and added a Wonderkid page.

    What do you think?

    Sorry arsenal, I don't know how to make the article appear in the search. I misintepreted what you said.

  54. #554
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by Trux View Post
    No biggy but XML passing error should read XML parsing error
    My bad Trux, feel free to correct me

  55. #555
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I don't think it's really necessary to say who wrote the article tbh, unless they were taken from someones thread in the GPTG Forum.

  56. #556
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Alan, what is the new URL?

  57. #557
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki


  58. #558
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Edit my name out if you want from my articles.

    I just thought that we had to add that at the end of each article to give credit to the maker.

  59. #559
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Cheers Alan, been out all day.

  60. #560
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    Edit my name out if you want from my articles.

    I just thought that we had to add that at the end of each article to give credit to the maker.
    No, that was only for writers of the GPTG club threads that gave Arsenal_2111 permission to use their club threads for the wiki.

    People can see that you wrote the article by looking at the history page

  61. #561
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    The Crewe article is in the wrong place, it should be in a League One section and i shall make one. I shall also transfer my Wycombe article over from the old site in approx. 30 mins after my tea.

  62. #562
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Can someone please do my editing for me as i need to create a new user and my email is down at the moment as i am switching supplier. Cheers to whoever does it in advance

  63. #563
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th May 2007
    Location
    FML Support Moderator
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    From that it looks like only JJay will be able to change the settings for it.
    I've enabled uploads now

  64. #564
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    Mr Toad! I can't...
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Ok i'm going to start working on a Stadiums article. I think it is a good idea for any articles people decide to work on to put up a link on the homepage first to show people it's in the process of being done (as i've done with 'Stadiums' or like 'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon' for example). That way people don't have to search through this thread just to check what is under construction.

  65. #565
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Can someone please do my editing for me as i need to create a new user and my email is down at the moment as i am switching supplier. Cheers to whoever does it in advance
    I'll get on it now then.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I've enabled uploads now
    Thanks so much again JJay
    Quote Originally Posted by small Mac View Post
    Ok i'm going to start working on a Stadiums article. I think it is a good idea for any articles people decide to work on to put up a link on the homepage first to show people it's in the process of being done (as i've done with 'Stadiums' or like 'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon' for example). That way people don't have to search through this thread just to check what is under construction.
    Good idea, I think we should stick to this

  66. #566
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I have done the editing for you now Hamilton

    Has anyone figured out how to upload images? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it

  67. #567
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th May 2007
    Location
    FML Support Moderator
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Should see an "upload file" link bottom left

    Then to include it in a page you type [[Image:xxx.jpg]]

  68. #568
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Ahmufcwafc, go to special pages, and there should be an upload file link in there.

    Also regarding some discussion further yup to rename a page all you do is move the page.

    Thanks again JJay.

    Also glad to see more people getting involved.

  69. #569
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Cheers JJay.

    So I've run into another problem. I don't think this is the look we're going for. Any idea how to change the alignment of the image?

  70. #570
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I've edited the home page. Is the banner and panel ok or what changes do people want?

  71. #571
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    I've edited the home page. Is the banner and panel ok or what changes do people want?
    Looks much better if you ask me

    But why does it say we only have 15 English articles?

  72. #572
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Lay it out in a table as it looks neater, but with no lines. But if the lines have to be included, make them an attractive colour. Don't change it unless other people want it though

  73. #573
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Cheers JJay.

    So I've run into another problem. I don't think this is the look we're going for. Any idea how to change the alignment of the image?
    [[File:Example.jpg|none|caption]]
    Change none to whatever alignment you want i.e. right, left or center.

    If you want to put in a caption put it in as above.

    Also you can specify a border, size and vertical alignment if you want.

  74. #574
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Looks much better if you ask me

    But why does it say we only have 15 English articles?
    I think it does not consider stubs as articles. They need to be of a certain length to be articles I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Lay it out in a table as it looks neater, but with no lines. But if the lines have to be included, make them an attractive colour. Don't change it unless other people want it though
    Yeah you can make a table without borders with this.

    What links do people want in the banner?

    Also would working with categories be easier especially as we add more articles.

    They allow you to just specify a pages categories at the end of the article and they are automatically added to that category.

  75. #575
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    How do I enable cookies for the site?

  76. #576
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    What links do people want in the banner?
    I would like two team links in there if possible. The Lyon one is one of the better ones imo, as is either the Arsenal or Man Utd one. Would like two of them in if possible.

    Also, here is the list of teams I have done. It's getting there!;

    http://community.sigames.com/showpos...95&postcount=4

    EDIT: For Blue Square North/South, shall we have a seperate page for each or both on one page?
    Last edited by arsenal_2111; 20-02-2009 at 20:27.

  77. #577
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th May 2007
    Location
    FML Support Moderator
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    I will link it for you if you have posted it.

    You go to the page you want to link it from and do a thing like this:

    [[Lyon]]
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    I tried to figure this out earlier. Don't have a clue, it's all so complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Guys, how do you do redirections? I've made Olympique Lyonnais' page, but want to make it so 'Lyon' redirects there. Any idea how?
    For future reference, it is

    #REDIRECT [[pagename]]



    I've done the Lyon page for you as an example

  78. #578
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th May 2007
    Location
    FML Support Moderator
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by ssestig View Post
    How do I enable cookies for the site?
    Enable Cookies in Mozilla Firefox

    1. Click on Tools and select Options.
    2. Click on the Privacy tab.
    3. Under Cookies, ensure that Accept cookies from site is ticked.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Quit/exit Mozilla Firefox after you change settings and then re-start the application.

    Enable Cookies in Internet Explorer

    1. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.
    2. Click on the Privacy tab.
    3. Either:

    * move the slider to Medium High, Medium, Low or Accept all cookies, or
    * click on the Advanced button, select Override automatic cookie handling, then select Always allow session cookies.

    4. Click OK.
    5. Quit/exit Internet Explorer after you change settings and then re-start the application.

  79. #579
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    Mr Toad! I can't...
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Do we need to have any links on the banner? Personally i don't think links are needed at the minute as they're easily accessible at the moment and it would look a bit neater without them.

    Who's Josh9393 - good article on board takeovers btw

  80. #580
    josh9393
    Guest

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by small Mac View Post
    Who's Josh9393 - good article on board takeovers btw
    That's me. thanks a lot.

    EDIT: good article on stadiums
    Last edited by josh9393; 20-02-2009 at 20:47.

  81. #581
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    I would like two team links in there if possible. The Lyon one is one of the better ones imo, as is either the Arsenal or Man Utd one. Would like two of them in if possible.

    Also, here is the list of teams I have done. It's getting there!;

    http://community.sigames.com/showpos...95&postcount=4

    EDIT: For Blue Square North/South, shall we have a seperate page for each or both on one page?
    I think if you have enough information to make it two good sized articles then they should be split otherwise keep them as one.

    About the links in the banner, how would everyone feel if I created categories based on the current articles section on the home page?

    I could then place links to the categories in the banner.

    [[Category:Editing]] - If you put that at the end of your article it would add it to the Editing Category for example.

  82. #582
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Enable Cookies in Mozilla Firefox

    1. Click on Tools and select Options.
    2. Click on the Privacy tab.
    3. Under Cookies, ensure that Accept cookies from site is ticked.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Quit/exit Mozilla Firefox after you change settings and then re-start the application.

    Enable Cookies in Internet Explorer

    1. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.
    2. Click on the Privacy tab.
    3. Either:

    * move the slider to Medium High, Medium, Low or Accept all cookies, or
    * click on the Advanced button, select Override automatic cookie handling, then select Always allow session cookies.

    4. Click OK.
    5. Quit/exit Internet Explorer after you change settings and then re-start the application.
    Thank you JJay.

  83. #583
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    If I could make a request please. Would one or a couple of you knowledgeable people perhaps consider putting together a little strategy on the best formations and tactics to use or what works well for you? Its so that those of us (such as me for example) who aren't too experienced at the game, can have a basic understanding and start to maybe be a little more successful, as I for one keep losing matches and it is really frustrating for me and im sure it is for a handful of others as well.

    Many Thanks

  84. #584
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Enable Cookies in Mozilla Firefox

    1. Click on Tools and select Options.
    2. Click on the Privacy tab.
    3. Under Cookies, ensure that Accept cookies from site is ticked.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Quit/exit Mozilla Firefox after you change settings and then re-start the application.

    Enable Cookies in Internet Explorer

    1. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.
    2. Click on the Privacy tab.
    3. Either:

    * move the slider to Medium High, Medium, Low or Accept all cookies, or
    * click on the Advanced button, select Override automatic cookie handling, then select Always allow session cookies.

    4. Click OK.
    5. Quit/exit Internet Explorer after you change settings and then re-start the application.
    Thank you JJay. I've edited the info on the Crewe page slightly to include a first choice 11.

  85. #585
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
    If I could make a request please. Would one or a couple of you knowledgeable people perhaps consider putting together a little strategy on the best formations and tactics to use or what works well for you? Its so that those of us (such as me for example) who aren't too experienced at the game, can have a basic understanding and start to maybe be a little more successful, as I for one keep losing matches and it is really frustrating for me and im sure it is for a handful of others as well.

    Many Thanks
    Hopefully somebody with better tactical knowledge than me can do that.

    I have created a Gameplay articles and put all the articles on the home page under that heading into it. Everyone ok with that?

  86. #586
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    I have created a Gameplay articles and put all the articles on the home page under that heading into it. Everyone ok with that?
    I thought that was there before actaully, but it looks good

    I've almost finished all of the clubs I have permission for.

  87. #587
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th May 2007
    Location
    FML Support Moderator
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Anybody got a better icon you want in the top left yet?

  88. #588
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Anybody got a better icon you want in the top left yet?
    I'll request a badge on Neji's site if you guys want, but what style do you want?

    Or were you offering us a badge here?

  89. #589
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    I thought that was there before actaully, but it looks good

    I've almost finished all of the clubs I have permission for.
    Thanks. I meant a gameplay category rather than article.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Anybody got a better icon you want in the top left yet?
    I was wondering why that just disappeared.

    I think Neji is going to create one. Has he being asked?

  90. #590
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th May 2007
    Location
    FML Support Moderator
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Awesome - kudos to Neji

  91. #591
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,623

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I'm back. Uploading pictures for my MLS page as we speak.

    JJay, please check a certain website for some spot on info. ;)

  92. #592
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post

    EDIT: For Blue Square North/South, shall we have a seperate page for each or both on one page?
    I think that we should have a seperate page for them.

    Shall I write a team guide for Redditch in the BSN?

    I will be able to do it because I am maaging them and am in my third season so I have plenty of good advise for them.

    Just a question, has anyone got a premium rapidshare account?

  93. #593
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
    If I could make a request please. Would one or a couple of you knowledgeable people perhaps consider putting together a little strategy on the best formations and tactics to use or what works well for you? Its so that those of us (such as me for example) who aren't too experienced at the game, can have a basic understanding and start to maybe be a little more successful, as I for one keep losing matches and it is really frustrating for me and im sure it is for a handful of others as well.

    Many Thanks
    I can do something about that. It will be at its best though once I have finished my 'Ultimate Tactic' thread.

    Although, I say that I am quite good with tactics, normally.

  94. #594
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by small Mac View Post
    Ok i'm going to start working on a Stadiums article. I think it is a good idea for any articles people decide to work on to put up a link on the homepage first to show people it's in the process of being done (as i've done with 'Stadiums' or like 'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon' for example). That way people don't have to search through this thread just to check what is under construction.
    'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon

    This one is mine

    I think that it is an excellent idea so that we don't have people doing the same article twice.

  95. #595
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I have added in some articles - pages.

    I edited the Championship page ot make it look clearer and added some titles and stuff.

    I created the BSN and BSS page.

    I created the Ukranian High/Super League

    I added the articles which I will create and put coming soon next to them to show people not to make these articles as they are being created.

  96. #596
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Can I ask who is making a Shakther page? There is already one here, so if you like I can contact coolbananas and as for permission to use that. Should save you some time.

    Ah, I see it is Rob. Well, if you want to make one that's fine. But this could save you some time.

  97. #597
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,213

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    I have done a Shakhtar file and have been posting in that thread

    I have already PM'ed him, asking him about it.

  98. #598
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2004
    Location
    Surrey/SIRES/Data Issues
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    footballmanagerwiki.net now redirects to the wiki as well


    I've had it sitting doing nothing for ages


    EDIT: Can it be sorted that the .co.uk is also set to a redirect or that the wiki moves to the .co.uk as it's a) annoying having it framed and b) confusing and/or annoying for some that want to copy and paste links
    Last edited by Q2thaz; 20-02-2009 at 23:04.

  99. #599
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Quote Originally Posted by Q2thaz View Post
    footballmanagerwiki.net now redirects to the wiki as well


    I've had it sitting doing nothing for ages
    That's brilliant mate, great to hear that the site is developing. Thanks for that

    I've only got three of the team's to do, Torquay, Zenit and Wolfsburg. So I am going to PM the rest of the thread makers to ask.

  100. #600
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th April 2007
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    2,231

    Default Re: Football Manager Wiki

    Hi, I'm Mista T and I've written some stuff about the Championnat national on the site. I would also be happy to help you out with some other competitions, like the Northern Irish competitions. Cheers
    Last edited by mista T; 20-02-2009 at 23:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts