Late goals

I'm worried that I might have a heart attack if I concede any more late winners/equalisers. It's so frustrating. If I'm ahead I'll always go defensive for the last 10/15 mins, go narrow, little creative freedom, stop full backs from going forward, timewasting etc. Is this not the right thing to do, or is FM just a cruel game?

Yeah you're just inviting pressure on to your team if you sit back. Time wasting is better used with about 5mins to go not 10/15mins. I would maybe just change your tempo to slow and width to narrow but don't go defensive or they'll be wave upon wave of attacks from the AI, usually because they go 4-2-4 when behind with 10mins to go.

Nearly every english team I play against goes 4-2-4 in the last ten minutes of a game if there's only a goal in it.

I know some teams will do it in real life - Boro did it in their UEFA Cup campaign a few years ago - but almost all the teams in the league in almost every game?

Sure it makes some teams vulnerable at the back, but only the very weakest, and unless you have a really really solid defence ready you can ship a lot of points that way. As I found out in my first three seasons.

I no how you feel! I was beating Sunerland 3-2 (away), 5mins was held up for extra time so i made a sub in the 3rd min of injury time to slow it down, then my defender gets injured so i had to put my two wingers at lb/rb. Then in the 8th min of injury time (Considerin there was only meant to be 5) my defender goes and scores an OG to make it 3-3...

How i love/hate this game!!

Archived