Is This Game Preset at times ????

Im sure we have all came to stages where we feel it dosent matter what we would have done. But a friend of mine was playing at work a week ago that had me really questioning if this game is at times just PRE - PROGRAMMED!!!!

He was playing as Liverpool he was defending the championship and faced Arsenal in what was a title deciding match.

He lost,, but as he had saved before,,,,, he reloaded to try again,,, now I watched him try repeatably again and again with the same result.

He tried differnet players,, different tactics,, different formations ,, different instructions,, you name it HE TRIED IT. and on paper his team was fairly decent in comparisson to the Arsenal team

After about 3 hours of repeatably re-loading he gave up,,, so do you all think at times this game IS FIXED or pre-programmed ???????

Interested to hear others expieriencs or opinions

No way. It has been discussed many times before the reason why that happened. People always just look at players and tactics. There is much more to football than that and most of those "variables" you do not change by just reloading immediately before a match.

Your mate is a big CHEAT!

I always doubt people really mean their friends on some threads. Lots of people say "my mate did this" etc. And as jod said, there is a lot more to the game than the starting eleven. Sounds like you (or your mate ;) ) is too used to playing CM2 :D

I always doubt people really mean their friends on some threads. Lots of people say "my mate did this" etc. And as jod said, there is a lot more to the game than the starting eleven. Sounds like you (or your mate ;) ) is too used to playing CM2 :D

lol :D HE Is definately a mate,(and a cheat ),, although I know what you mean,, but just to clear this up,, look at my name " trueblue ",, Im a RANGERS fan, ( and chelsea if it had to be an English club ) do you really think I would want to manage Liverpool LOL ??

:D DONT WANT FOLK GETTING THAT IDEA

lol:D HE Is definately a mate, although I know what you mean,, but just to clear this up,, look at my name " trueblue ",, Im a RANGERS fan, ( and chelsea if it had to be an English club ) do you really think I would want to manage Liverpool LOL ??

:D DONT WANT FOLK GETTING THAT IDEA

Fair enough! :thup: I wouldn't ever be seen managing west brom :p

A lot of things other than players and tactics are already set before the game starts if the user has saved just before the match.

Combine that with the fact that Arsenal are over-rated and it's easy to see why he couldn't win. Serves him right for re-loading, but it certainly does not indicate that the game is pre-programmed for him to lose, that would be a pointless thing for the developers to include.

Not so long ago people were complaining that on reloading the game to replay the same match they were getting wildly varying results from 4-0 win one time to a 3-0 defeat the next time.

Putting that together with your observations tends to suggest it is all just somewhere in the middle like one would expect it to be.

Im sure we have all came to stages where we feel it dosent matter what we would have done. But a friend of mine was playing at work a week ago that had me really questioning if this game is at times just PRE - PROGRAMMED!!!!

He was playing as Liverpool he was defending the championship and faced Arsenal in what was a title deciding match.

He lost,, but as he had saved before,,,,, he reloaded to try again,,, now I watched him try repeatably again and again with the same result.

He tried differnet players,, different tactics,, different formations ,, different instructions,, you name it HE TRIED IT. and on paper his team was fairly decent in comparisson to the Arsenal team

After about 3 hours of repeatably re-loading he gave up,,, so do you all think at times this game IS FIXED or pre-programmed ???????

Interested to hear others expieriencs or opinions

I think I am in the minority on this one but i do believe to some extent that some games are fixed. it could just be luck that odd players score goals against you or your top defender makes a mistake, but this happens in real life too though so Im not sure :D

It's a silly load of old nonsense, honestly. You ought to know better Cityull. :p

You can deconstruct the opening post in a second flat.

He tried differnet players,, different tactics,, different formations ,, different instructions,,

He may have tried different tactics and formations but perhaps all of these tactics were flawed in some fundamental way. Perhaps his perception of the game tactically is ultimately flawed in some way as well.

you name it HE TRIED IT.

Did he really though? Did he study every player in the Arsenal team and attempt to work out their weaknesses. Or did he really just flick between 442 and 451, and move the sliders up and down a bit! :rolleyes:

and on paper his team was fairly decent in comparisson to the Arsenal team

Fairly decent, you say? Well, he should have won at least once then while randomly altering his sliders and formations. ;)

Three HOURS! Wow! How badly did he want to beat Arsenal on FM?

The game is never fixed or pre-programmed.

I know this because, when I did some beta testing for FM09, I did a lot of reloading and messing around to learn the new tactics system. Results and performances were often very different depending upon my latest experiment. Different team talks also had an effect etc.

What you should do is upload this mythical save game where Arsenal are invincible and then users on the forum can prove that your mate is just totally rubbish at the game! :D

C.

There appears to be certain pre match elements that can lead to only 1 result when the opposition are highly motivated.

Other games motivation will be down to luck on day leading to random results.

With the Lpool Arsenal game I would suggest Arsenal were highly motivated.

Yeah, probably a motivation issue with the Liverpool players more than a complete fix. A while ago when people were saying this a lot, I tried reloading a couple of times and I've usually won the game 4th or 5th try.

Alternatively see if you mate can holiday over and over. He'll win the game eventually.

It ain't fixed.

I once did it whilst being in the Championship. I reloaded after loosing 0-4 to Wolverhampton. Replayed the match 5 times (not counting the original one), won all 5, using the exact same tactic, players, and team talks, so some things definitely change every time you reload. Things that you may not be in control of or are not aware of perhaps.

Arsenal are just a tad too over-rated, I know plenty of people who have tried a lot of reloading in a effort to try and beat them with other big teams and just can't cut the mustard. No amount of tweaking and tactics will stop the mighty Ade.

In my game it's the mighty Eduardo usually.

Archived