Have I mastered this game now (FM08)?

seriealeaguetable2hm3.th.png

I just dropped my first points of the season away to Fabio Capello's relegation threatened Livorno, had to happen sooner or later. Up until then I had won every single game this season (CL, Coppa italia, super cup) apart from three - I lost to away to Arsenal in the CL thanks to a last minute Downing freekick, and I lost one and drew one in the Coppa Italia having fielded a reserve/youth side in the second leg as I was 3-4 goals up from the first leg. I just seem to have the knack of grinding out wins now, and I won every single home league last season bar one and was unbeaten at home for 3.5 seasons.

Christ alive give him some credit... Hes dropped 1 point ffs!!!

Nice one mate sounds like good going to me even with a big team! keep it up

That's true ... but as has been said, he has yet to win anything and is one of the best sides in the game, nothing worth gloating about really.

Winning Serie A without losing and win the Champions League, that's worth a mention.

And quite frankly, not many people will care, though some might want to know what tactic was used.

To be fair I have won the league for the past couple of seasons, and did the Serie A and CL double the season before last, last season I did the Coppa Italia and Serie A double. I'm still on for the treble this season and I reckon 19 straight league wins is pretty good in anybodies book? And FYI Juventus don't start out with all world class superstars, they have them now because I brought them there or developed them.

To be fair I have won the league for the past couple of seasons, and did the Serie A and CL double the season before last, last season I did the Coppa Italia and Serie A double. I'm still on for the treble this season and I reckon 19 straight league wins is pretty good in anybodies book? And FYI Juventus don't start out with all world class superstars, they have them now because I brought them there or developed them.

My mistake, you're winning Serie A with Juventus, you tactical genius you.

An FM master indeed.

To answer your question, no, you haven't mastered the game, not based off of what you've said so far at least.

Christ alive give him some credit... Hes dropped 1 point ffs!!!

Nice one mate sounds like good going to me even with a big team! keep it up

He has dropped 2 points - its impossible to drop 1 point when its three for a win!

To be honest, FM08 was rather simple. I managed to win the EPL with Arsenal without dropping a single point, in fact, I also won every single match in CL that same year, plus went on a 200+ game unbeaten streak during the same career.

FM09 has been a whole different story though.

What have we become my fellow gamers?

A simple man appears in front of us, proud of his achievements, and what do we do? We flame him, like a piece of Australian bush. Shame on us, SHAME ON US.

Quite a good achievement OP, follow it up by winning the FA Cup with Juve. Now that would be something... Failing that, I'll settle for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Or the Sinod Cup. Ahh, memories...

A simple man appears in front of us, proud of his achievements, and what do we do? We flame him, like a piece of Australian bush. Shame on us, SHAME ON US.

Quite a good achievement OP, follow it up by winning the FA Cup with Juve. Now that would be something... Failing that, I'll settle for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Or the Sinod Cup. Ahh, memories...

No one likes a gloater, especially one who hasn't achieved above what would be expected.

An unbeaten league season would be impressive though. I await the end of season standings.

That's not appropriate at all. Please think before posting in future.

I got 22 consecutive league wins on FM09, does that mean I'm an FM09 master? lol I do know Keirrison is the master of goalscoring lol.

22 is pathetic. my match stats for fm08 :

Played - 1756

Won - 1404

Drew - 153

Lost - 199

GS - 6632

GC - 1489

League Wins - 26

Cup Wins - 77

I also went 14 league seasons unbeaten. Who can test me? Seriously :D

22 is pathetic. my match stats for fm08 :

Played - 1756

Won - 1404

Drew - 153

Lost - 199

GS - 6632

GC - 1489

League Wins - 26

Cup Wins - 77

I also went 14 league seasons unbeaten. Who can test me? Seriously :D

You seemed to have played the game too long haha. But congrats on your success.

I said on FM09 lol, not FM08 lol.

My match stats

Played - 496

Won - 315

Drawn - 82

Lost - 99

GS - 1389 (2.8 p/m)

GC - 757 (1.5 p/m)

63 league games unbeaten.

It is now my personal goal to beat your FM08 record, I'll be back in 10 years lol.

At around 65 games a season you must have done a good 25 - 30 seasons depending on international jobs etc. Here's me thinking my 8 years was pretty impressive lol.

Oh yea, Keirrison 149 goals in a season, did you beat that one lol. Probably did but I have to try and play something in my favour lol.

If Keirrison was in Northern Ireland he'd beat that, he's scoring in a 'real' league lol. (I need some consolation lol) I had thought the delay in posting had actually put me in with a glimmer of hope, but when I saw the goals scored and thought it through I knew it was less likely 149 would be enough lol.

My main consolation is you haven't done it to me on FM09 yet so I still hold the record there lol. You can keep your FM08 masterdom I'm doing it on 09 lol.

There is a good chance Keirrison will break 149 this season, but he won't get anywhere near 228 lol.

Lol, it'll be interesting, if/when you manage to get a better goalscorer you can enjoy the 'obviously a cheat' lines again lol. My problem is by the time my team is in its prime, Keirrison will be 32/33 so he won't be scoring as much then and I don't hold out much hope of adequately replacing him, theres no good pacey strikers any more, but thousands of targetmen lol.

I did upload my game for someone to try to prove the same but apparently it expired after so many hours, waste of time lol, but yea if push came to shove and someone needed me to upload it for whatever reason I'd have no qualms (are mac saves compatible with vista/xp btw? I'd imagine they are but can't be certain lol) but I got lucky and built up a massive scouting network although I suck at international management at the moment. Dragging my goal to game ratios down and win stats lol.

But I've had a few outlandish claims, one was that I took charge of each opponent and set them up for me to win lol, like anyone would take that much time I put up a few screenshots to quell that accusation lol.

Yea, some people just can't accept that you can get that good at this game. I'm pretty sure the saves are compatible. My best mate has a Mac and P.C (Home and work) - and I'm certain he transfers the save between the two. You can even prove that you haven't taken over teams. Just show the previous manager history :thup:

I took screen-shots of several clubs landmarks to show there was no managerial changes lol. I will struggle to get another Keirrison type goalscorer once he's gone but I think a 50 - 60 goal normal striker will suffice lol. Back to the days of FM08 goalscorers lol.

I can't breed pacey strikers I'm a stoke city fan all my players are hybridised with rugby players lol... oh wait that's just the way lazy journo's portray it lol.

But yea, in my game I've not seen any ideal pacey strikers coming through on the game, I've seen tons of targetmen type players but they all have reasonable pace so I may end up with two targetmen upfront lol.

Kimz tactic mastered this game AGES ago. =\

On FM08, I used Man City, and went until April, before losing a game. It just happened to be away, at Old Trafford. I got beaten 1-0...

With Kimz tactic, it wasn't difficult. It was simply unbeatable, to be perfectly honest.

I tried using it with Chelsea, and got until February, without losing a game.

Then I bought FM09...

I'm still playing FM08... blah blah blah, thinly veiled protest at FM09, etc etc etc..

Nothing to see here, not least because I'm not convinced that this post was anything other than a long line of reminders that FM09 is unplayable until the next patch. :rolleyes:

Winning Seria A and CL with Juve is not a unique success but still it is a major achievement in FM. Doing it in mutliple seasons in a row just makes it better. Also winning 19 out of 20 matches is not something one can do easily even with a mighty team. If this was done without cheating I personally think you are a Class A FM player. Now You should continue that career by resigning from Juve and taking another team from relagation zone and make them beat your old good Juve in three seasons, then I think your glory chain will be complete.

I would argue that it is easier to experience a higher degree of success once a league title has been won and are now considered "the team to beat".

The match odds come into play and every team plays cautiously against you, so you can stick any tactic out there and win multiple games in a row.

160 goals in a season Nepenthenz, he's getting closer, if all my youngsters develop well over the summer and into early next season Keirrison may just beat it. Be great if he could but its still unlikely, I need to export him to the NI leagues see how he does there.

160 goals in a season Nepenthenz, he's getting closer, if all my youngsters develop well over the summer and into early next season Keirrison may just beat it. Be great if he could but its still unlikely, I need to export him to the NI leagues see how he does there.

He will NEVER beat it :D

And if he does, I'll just make sure Smylie beats it. :D

I'll invade your house and sabotage Smylie with a cunning plan of publicly berating him and on dodgy training schedules whilst you sleep if Keirrison beats it lol. And Keirrison managed more man of the match awards!

keirrison-3.jpg

Nothing to see here, not least because I'm not convinced that this post was anything other than a long line of reminders that FM09 is unplayable until the next patch. :rolleyes:

I haven't got FM09, I don't need it, FM08 is still going strong. i'm sure Fm09 is pretty unplayable though...

Winning Seria A and CL with Juve is not a unique success but still it is a major achievement in FM. Doing it in mutliple seasons in a row just makes it better. Also winning 19 out of 20 matches is not something one can do easily even with a mighty team. If this was done without cheating I personally think you are a Class A FM player. Now You should continue that career by resigning from Juve and taking another team from relagation zone and make them beat your old good Juve in three seasons, then I think your glory chain will be complete.

No cheating. I could post some amazing stats too but my laptop is so slow it takes me 3 months to do one season. I'm really starting to get bored with this game now, I will either take a new challenge or start a new game at the end of this season. This was the first game I started on FM08 right at release day, after the first season it was messed up though so I had to start a new career game in league 2. After some moderate success in getting to the championship play off final I got bored with that game and so decided to fix this one. Maybe I will start a Blue Square game with most things turned off to speed things up soon...

Lol, he's edging closer, and I think the only reason he hasn't scored so many is because look at his stats, he got fouled a 100 times more, probably when he was close to breaking through etc and he was robbed. With a rapidly improving set of wingers, full backs and centre mids he will get more service lol.

Out of curiosity (I doubt Smylie is your best because he's too young unless you're several years on from there) whats your all-time top scorer lol. Keirrison has 844 goals in 398 games for the club.

Archived