The Second Annual Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games Awards - Discussion Thread

Well, here we are again. The CSE forum awards are back, and going to be bigger and better than ever icon_cool.gif

The actual awards 'ceremony' will be sometime in late summer. August most probably.

You all know the drill. If not, then check this thread for a basic idea of how the thing runs, etc.

Right, I need some of you guys to help me with this. I aim to get together a group of you to assist with the ideas stage, the nominating stage, and finally, the counting stage.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>The Ideas Stage will involve choosing what awards to include, and getting any other ideas you have laid down on the table.

<LI>The Nominating Stage is pretty self-explanatory. Basically you get to choose who is up for each award.

<LI>Lastly, the Counting Stage. This is the one that needs to be done right. It is the most important part of the awards. The more help with this stage the better, it was frantic last year with just myself and Alex counting the votes!

So get your names down in here if you're interested in helping with the stages above. Email me if you have any queries.

Also, I'll need to have you all on MSN, so add me at mike.bird12@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks, mates.

Birdy.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll help out with anything that needs be. I'll get your new MSN added later on as I don't believe I have that one added. I've got your old one though.

Just give me a shout in here when you need assistance, seeing as I'm around pretty much most of the time.

icon14.gif

This will be done over MSN.

Frazza Pee, I think it's better to keep the preliminary ideas with more regular users, and I don't want too many people to be involved at this stage. So apologies, but I'm going to keep it with a few more regular users.

Originally posted by birdy123:

This will be done over MSN.

Frazza Pee, I think it's better to keep the preliminary ideas with more regular users, and I don't want too many people to be involved at this stage. So apologies, but I'm going to keep it with a few more regular users.

NB

Ah, just seen the e-mail Birdy. Tried to reply just now but doesn't want to let me so I'll post my apologies in here. Was pretty busy last night but as I've said I think I should be able to get myself online around 9-10pm tonight.

icon14.gif

Apologies for the triple post, all a bit of a shambles on my part to be honest.

Originally posted by fredheim_holm:

How do these work guys? Is it an online game, a challenge such as you all start with the same team and see how you do or what?

Might be interested in getting involved.

It's actually the 'Awards' for this year, for the 'CSE' thread. (Challenges/Sign Ups/Experiements etc)

As the opening post says, we will be going over ideas, nominating and then the counting (after people have voted)

Personally this will be the first time i'm involved in one, so don't have a lot of knowledge about it, but I presume categories will be like 'Best Sign Up 'Best Idea' 'Best Challenge' etc

Ah right, thats a shame. Just failed miserably on www.completegamingnetwork.com 's monthly challenge, 3 days in so was looking to get into another one. Not too easy to find.

I think on this board we have a '20/20 Challenge' where each week there is a new and exciting challenge, I think they are currently in week 2.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fredheim_holm:

Ah right, thats a shame. Just failed miserably on www.completegamingnetwork.com 's monthly challenge, 3 days in so was looking to get into another one. Not too easy to find.

Advertising. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i cant edit the post I'm afraid, it wont let me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fredheim_holm:

Advertising. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i cant edit the post I'm afraid, it wont let me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I was just having a joke. Yeah you can't edit post anymore.

Originally posted by dafuge:

I think it would probably die out again.

Judging from my time on these forums, it would seem that the CSE section can only sustainably support about 3-5 challenges, and even then, most of the traffic and participants are in yours and Gundo's, other challenges which come along later get initial interest (like mine) but then people seem to drift off and only one or two people carry on.

As has befallen both mine and the British and India Challenge. Both of which were, in my opinion, great ideas, concepts, and challenges which should have received more interest than they have.

We had a monthly challenge that ran for a while but it dies out due to lack of interest, perhaps it should be brought back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by dafuge:

We had a monthly challenge that ran for a while but it dies out due to lack of interest, perhaps it should be brought back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Judging from my time on these forums, it would seem that the CSE section can only sustainably support about 3-5 challenges, and even then, most of the traffic and participants are in yours and Gundo's, other challenges which come along later get initial interest (like mine) but then people seem to drift off and only one or two people carry on.

As has befallen both mine and the British and India Challenge. Both of which were, in my opinion, great ideas, concepts, and challenges which should have received more interest than they have.

God I wish we could edit our posts within say five minutes of posting them.

Originally posted by Wegason:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

God I wish we could edit our posts within say five minutes of posting them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say at the present there are at least 10 active Challenges:

1. Another team from scratch

2. JoseRR's small club from big nation

3. Gundo's

4. dafuge's

5. robert's is kind of a challenge

6. The Career Thread

7. Everton_3_0_Liverpool's kind of all in one challenge

8. San Marino Double 08

9. Wallace V Roberts

10. The New Improved 20/20 challenge

11. The Purity of English Football