FM07 .VS. FM08 Thinking of starting a new FM7 game, enjoy it more. What do you think?

What would you say the pro's and cons were? I enjoyed my last game with FM7 alot more than any Iv had on FM8, mainly because It was exciting to watch my regens develop and it was good that you could loan them for a seaon and put them into your 1st time when they were 18 and they'd be more than competitive in some cases. I dont think Iv found a regen like Messi or Fabregas on this game where you can actually play them at 19/20 yrs old.

Also I dont like how the same scenario's always seem to occur on FM08. Same routine for the last 10 mins of a game, and there seems to be the case where when you get beat, you get stuffed. Also the inflated transfer fee's are ridicoulous. Upon promotion to the prem you dont stand a chance unless your a big team that should be there in the first place.

i tried to go back to fm07 the other day, just for a change. instructions for players seem more responded to in fm08, i don't care what anyone says, the match engine is better too. regens in fm08 do kill the longevity a little, but the simple thing that didn't work tactically in 07 work for me in 08.

the 4-2-4 thing can be dealt with too. you are more likely to play patient football and get a good result than direct, gun-ho football in fm07.

your choice depends on how (and how long) you like to play the game. for me, fm08.

I dont know. Once i got used to FM08 i dont miss fm07 anymore. They are basically the same game anyway and you only need to find a new tactic that suits you. (but then again every patch forces you to change the tactic) I had a lot of problems with 8.0.2 since i was playing way too aggressively which while it meant a lot of goals scored i also conceded a lot of them. If the players had more common sense i would be winning by a large margin but unfortunately they are not. SO now i went from being the team that concedes the most goals to a team that concedes the least of them. Low creativity seems to do wonders for me icon_smile.gif

I agree that its much harder than FM07 and is not exactly friendly to a casual gamer. The old approach of playing 18 year old regens will not work anymore. They still develop but it takes a few more years. At 21 they can be a part of your first eleven even if you are a top premier league club. Most of my subs are U21 and the average age of my squad is 23-24 and i still manage to win the league every year. (which is good thing thanks to the broken confidence)

I agree that the transfer fees are ridiculous but that isnt exactly a new bug. Transfer market has been a joke since the beginning.

Promotion to the premier is really hard. In all of my games i was relegated the first time, but i managed to bounce back the next season. When you get to the premier league you really need to plan for the future and buy everyone you can. The improved reputation will allow you to sign players that you cant get while in the championship.

So what im trying to say is stick with FM08. icon_smile.gif

Im actually not too displeased at FM08 currently!

Finished my 1st season in the Prem last night, just managed to stay up by the foreskin of a ladybird. Myself, (Doncaster), West Brom and Reading all on 35 points, and only a few goals either way as goal difference seperating us. West Brom V.s Reading, SO I NEEDED to win if either of those did as they were to condemn the loser of that game to the Championship. West Brom won and I was 2-2 with Everton at home with tears filling up when Christian Nazarith popped one in on 92 mins!!!!! (He has now requested a transfer because he's apparently too good for us, 11 teams want him)

It was Thiago Motta, couple of centre backs I brought in '(Fylipenkov, Henrique) and the return to form of my AMC Nej Pecnik, that kept me up!!!

Iv sort of enjoyed the way the season was realistic, Im sure I would have wanted to throw the game out of the window if id have been releagated but thats natural and at least the seaon finished how it would have.

People expect to be anybody, apply some good tactics and challenge for the title but that shouldnt happen so I give FM08 a big thumbs up. Il play 07 again if something ridiculous happens.

icon_smile.gif

Archived