How to put an update into the game?

Here's the thing, I downloaded this data update and I do everything that it's said, but it doesn't show up in the game...

it says:

Extract winrar and paste “db” folder to C://program files/sports interactive/football manager 2007/data or C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007

But when I try to start a new game, there are only 7.0.0 original database and 7.0.2.

What am I doing wrong?

I am talking about the CFF Super Update 5.3 - Final Version... for FM 2007.

Also, did anyone used it, is it any good or should I stick with the 7.0.2...?

now you really got me confused... when I do that, all it does is takes me to the folder where FM07 is installed...

I did what you are telling me ...i put the database in the DB folder... there were two folders 700 and 702 and i put yhe new database as third folder called... CFF Super Update 5.3 - Final Version

...almost and hour passed and only one reply... come on guys...

yeah, pretty sure... don't know what I am doing wrong... I will try as you said it... to take it out from the c://program files... and only keep it in the :\Documents and Settings\Your User Name \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db ...but I doubt that this will make it work... cause I see no reason why would the first one be a problem, if I already have it in the right place...

Finally done it... i deleted it everywhere i have copied it, and unpacked it all over again directly in the db folder that is in my documents/football manager 2007... don't know how, but now it works and it showed up in the game... before it didn't wanted to, all that was different was that i didn't directly unpack it into the db folder like i did now, but made a copy/paste from the db folder that's in the program files/sports interactive/football manager 2007...

Thanks for all your help jod123, and I hope that I can repay the favour in the future.

Cheers mate!!!

• 3 months later...

Archived