Problem with clubs nicking my staff!!!!

I keep getting offers for all my staff... I have to offer them a new contract every time, and even after he accepts the club keeps coming back to try and take him away. Is there any way to permanently stop it?

I barely have the patience to look for more staff, irritates me when my best ones are being taken away by smaller clubs too.

Happened to me all the time when I was managing Huddersfield, Id go out and find the best unemployed coaches and scouts and then about 6 months later and team from the division above would just poach them from me.

this has happened to me quite a bit when i was managing Liverpool. Teams like Villa and Spurs come in for my best coaches and offer them jobs as assistant manager. It does get quite frustrating but i have found that its quite easy to steal coaches from other teams anyway. I lost an important scout to Man City but managed to get the AC Milan head scout who was brilliant.

I think coaches are the same as players in this respect in the fact that money talks. If you value a particular coach and someone is tyring to steal him, offer him more money, if you cant afford the wages being offered by the other team then there isnt much you can do about it.

It should be optional whether the AI or the human player can poach coaches.

LOL - Shall we do the same for players ;)

Lets face it bigger clubs will always poach the good players and staff. All you can do is to offer a better contract

IRL if Man Utd asked you Ass Man to join them do you think he would turn down an opportunity like that?

I understand the frustration but you need to appreaciate the realism the game is simulating

It should be optional whether the AI or the human player can poach coaches.
Steve Clark to West Ham ;)

I think you'll find it was Big Phil who gave him a gentle push so he could bring in his own guys :)

Of course Big Phil found the same could happen to him.....

• 2 months later...

One cheat-y solution I've found is if I know a coach is being targeted by another club, I'll offer him a new contract the biggest wage I can. (In my case, most of my coaches were on about 500 pounds/week, and I offered him about 4600 pounds.) He'll quickly accept, of course, and invariably, the other club will then switch to a different target.

Once they've signed a different coach, I'll keep offering my coach a series of contract renewals, each time incrementally bringing his wages down until they're back to close to his original wages. The trick is to make each decrease small enough that he'll accept the new contract. Also, never offer him a signing bonus, because that'll obviously cost a lot over the course of all these contract "renewals"...

When I was playing with Arsenal, a Championship team (QPR or someone, can't remember) tried to get one of my good coaches as first team coach. I offered him a contract myself, and he stayed. They then tried to get another of my coaches. I offered him a new contract, so he stayed. The same thing happened for another four of my coaches, until the seventh which I managed to miss, and he went to work for them. So I went into the editor, put all his stats down to 1, and put his wage up to £100k p/w. That'll learn 'em.

Archived