Which release have people played the most (spent the most time on)?

I was just wondering which release of fm/cm (made by si) have people spend the most time on.

obviously the features on todays game are more advanced than cm03/04 but for it's day maybe people enjoyed it more.

will it become clear that people are playing fm08 less given the bugs and criticism.

I was just wondering which release of fm/cm (made by si) have people spend the most time on.

obviously the features on todays game are more advanced than cm03/04 but for it's day maybe people enjoyed it more.

will it become clear that people are playing fm08 less given the bugs and criticism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Definitely FM06, clocked up something like 31 days playing time, reaching 2060. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it still playable in 2060 with all the newgens?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pim1984:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Definitely FM06, clocked up something like 31 days playing time, reaching 2060. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it still playable in 2060 with all the newgens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Danny Roberts says yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sammypurposa:

will it become clear that people are playing fm08 less given the bugs and criticism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was the really bad release (I think it was 05 or CM4 or something like that) that I played the least, but then out came 06 and this was my favourite so far.

07 included too many "frills" that just got in the way of enjoying the game long term (media section is so annoying).

08 is just frustrating until the patch comes out to adjust certain parameters with the engine.

So, 06 is the one I enjoyed the most so far but I am really hoping that 08 becomes the best after the patch - at least until they get rid of the media nonsense and upgrade the transfer system in FM09 (please SI).

To be honest I really dont know. the first version I played was 90 something, the one that had gary lineker available from japan and sol campbell as a promising teenager.

But CM2 took a lot of time from me and played most versions up untill 99 amd I was then on hiatus until FM06 and honestly I have to say that FM07 post patch was the most enjoyable. I'm still going back to my reading save on it until the next patch as well (a) There are still a couple of bugs that bother me and (b) I have a great team at Reading I dont want to leave, Bazarite, Vela, The new Ronaldo and soo many other great players. It happens each year I'm so attached to ,my players I dont want to abandon them.

Probably CM 01/02 due to the gap between that release and CM4. Having said that I would normally only do ten to 12 seasons before getting bored. So the most continuous seasons I have played on the game must be FM 2007 where I am approaching 30 seasons in my career.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Probably FM'07 but '08 soon to surpass that. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, FM07 for sure with long campaigns in Sweden, Scotland, England, France, and Norway

Loved champ man 01/02 one of my favourite games. FM 05,06 and 07 also class. Most time probably fm 07 must have played that days. Must have played it a week straight only breaking for sleep for a few hours between each day. Doubt FM 08 will surpass that have been gutted by it so far. However aslong as the things finally get sorted out in the patch when SI get round to it after the transfer window it still might up there.

The original Champ Man or Champ Man Italia for me. I was just an 11 year old kid when the original came out. I literally played it at every possible opportunity.

The most enjoyable version to date, I think is FM07. FM08 has the potential to be a masterpiece, but unfortunately it's simply not. The fact that it's not going to be February until it's 'fixed' is simply disgusting.

Archived