I Need a New Stadium -Gillingham 2017

Hi, I looking for advice on a new stadium... how do i get one?!

Background - I'm Gillingham (and england!) manager in 2017, last season I finished 4th in the premierleague. The club was worth 3million with 4million debts at the start is now worth £209million. Mid last season Gills real life chairman Paul Scally stepped down with another board member reporting buying his share for £95million (nice little retirement i've earnt him there!!)

Now I'm in the champs league and the 13,000 seater stadium is looking a little small!!

so what do i do?

I've asked for a stadium improvement every year, more than once and it got improved by 500 odd seats once. They just say 'the council would never allow it'

In real life, Preistfield is build in a housing estate so yeah the council probably never would allow it, however the real gills are planning a relocation to a medway stadium which they are planning to start 2010.

so why haven't FM picked up on this, its now 2017 and i'm still in 13,000 stadium!!

Do i need a certain amount of money? end of last years transfer window, my balance was £35m+. this season admitedly i spent £50m so balance is about £5mill.

do i need like £100mill to get a new stadium?? any advice?? do i need to win the prem?!

don't have screen shots on me of finances but here are a couple i have at work.

gills2017-2.jpg

gills2017.jpg

has anyone had a new stadium with the gills or a similar level club (starting league 2-worth 3mill)

ok i guessed i couldn't force it but wonder what more i needed to do, been in the prem 5years and now in champs league!

is there like a magic bank balance figure?! the stadium has been full every league game since I started in the prem.

Afraid to inform you that you will need a LOT more in the kitty. Your situation is very very similar to mine, and now in 2020 the board finally look set to plan a new stadium. Our 8064 all-seater never quite cut it in the Champions League and challenging for top spot in Spain and after amassing about AU$400mil it seems we have enough. That's over 150mil pounds so just keep plugging away... Sell wisely and cherish ECL revenue

loan debt was 4 million when i started suffice to say that was cleared a long while ago!!

cheers MB? which club are you managing?? £150 million is my new target for 3 years time then!! I am actually pretty happy with my sqaud and all top players are under 25 so i could be set for the next 3 years without having to spend anything. Unless the board do their usual and accept a bid wihtout consulting me... but in that case i can keep the money and buy a youngster.

Another thing that i find laughable - the board now say they "are dissapointed that the club are not held in the same regard as they were when you joined" ...er from league 2 nobodies to champions league contenders!!

I know why this happened - its because i was in the eufa cup for 2 seasons then didn't qualify so yes compared to 2 seasons ago my euro rating has lowered but not since i've joined!! get it right, I should be a hero!

Archived