chairman player request

hey all, i just remembered back to previous fm games and correct me if i am wrong, on fm 07 there was a feature where you chairman often requested players he would like to be brought to the club, and it was up to you to buy them! does anyone remember that? i really liked that feature, cos it just added tension, you had to find the player and try and get his signature, whilst fighting off other clubs trying to sign him! does anyone know why that feature was discontinued in 08 and 09?

cheers stevie_j10

yeh i remember,i had it said to me on one of the fm where the chairman said i want you to sign a high profile player.

yeah i think it was great lol, i think i was 07 and i was with cheltenham at the time, took me 8 years to get from league 1 to premiership. got asked to sign messi. couldn do it. relegated. sacked. lol, but in all seriousness i was extremely dissapointed that the feature hadnt been used again in the latest games

yeah i think it was great lol, i think i was 07 and i was with cheltenham at the time, took me 8 years to get from league 1 to premiership. got asked to sign messi. couldn do it. relegated. sacked. lol, but in all seriousness i was extremely dissapointed that the feature hadnt been used again in the latest games

i was villa and randy learner told me to bring in a player,and i got brian mcbride,he said very good signing lol..

i was villa and randy learner told me to bring in a player,and i got brian mcbride,he said very good signing lol..

hahahahahaha,lol that actually made me laugh, mans a pentioner lol, i dont tend to sign any players over the age of 27 unless they are supreme quality. but of course back in 07 villa didnt quite have the strike force they have today! agbonlahor was still wering nappies, young was still at watford, i had never heard of carew. how much did mcbride set you back?

hahahahahaha,lol that actually made me laugh, mans a pentioner lol, i dont tend to sign any players over the age of 27 unless they are supreme quality. but of course back in 07 villa didnt quite have the strike force they have today! agbonlahor was still wering nappies, young was still at watford, i had never heard of carew. how much did mcbride set you back?

i think about £700,00

Probably doesn't happen often enough IRL for SI to think it warranted staying in the game.

Big foreign tycoons it happens do you think Hughes really wanted Robinho at first I reckon the owner wanted him would be good following takeovers where I think you need more interaction in the game anyhow as I said in another post would also like to see Director of Football interaction

i think about £700,00

fair enough, i suppose age comes cheap lol, what was he like, you previously said that your chairman said he was a good signing, how many goals in appearances, if you can remember!!!

lol i would probably still be playing 07 today, only i scratched the disc pretty bad lol, i didnt bother buying again as fm08 was being released the next week lol

Big foreign tycoons it happens do you think Hughes really wanted Robinho at first I reckon the owner wanted him would be good following takeovers where I think you need more interaction in the game anyhow as I said in another post would also like to see Director of Football interaction

e been best

well hughes would have been silly not to want him, although i think it would have been best if man city didnt get him. if you have a player of his ability in your squad then your expectations are raised and could lead to extra pressure. maybe why man city are not doing as well as everyone thought

In my FM 2007 as Sheff Utd the Chairman bought 29 year old Argentinian Defender Garay for £19M!!! Wiped out a chunk of my transfer money and the guy wasn't even good enough to play in the 1st team after 1/2 a season. His value dropped quickly and after 36 games in 3 seasons i could only get 500K for him ...

fair enough, i suppose age comes cheap lol, what was he like, you previously said that your chairman said he was a good signing, how many goals in appearances, if you can remember!!!

lol i would probably still be playing 07 today, only i scratched the disc pretty bad lol, i didnt bother buying again as fm08 was being released the next week lol

about 10 or so games lol cant remember the goals

In my FM 2007 as Sheff Utd the Chairman bought 29 year old Argentinian Defender Garay for £19M!!! Wiped out a chunk of my transfer money and the guy wasn't even good enough to play in the 1st team after 1/2 a season. His value dropped quickly and after 36 games in 3 seasons i could only get 500K for him ...

that is majorly unlucky, if the feature ever came back in then i would thouroughly scout any players the chairman requested. i would buy them if they met my standard lol. i mainly look for youngsters nowadays 23 and under i very rarely buy anyone who is over 25. and i always buy and sign some talent for the under 18 team

about 10 or so games lol cant remember the goals

the oldest player i have bought was probably puyol for liverpool back on 07, 29 or 30 i think he was cost me 45 mill plus clauses, i only paid that much cos of the minimum release fee that always annoys me with these spanish players, also on 09 check out shneider from real madrid, 400 mil release clause!!! lol stuff that buy his younger bro rodney from ajax for 2 mil. the kid can play!!

the oldest player i have bought was probably puyol for liverpool back on 07, 29 or 30 i think he was cost me 45 mill plus clauses, i only paid that much cos of the minimum release fee that always annoys me with these spanish players, also on 09 check out shneider from real madrid, 400 mil release clause!!! lol stuff that buy his younger bro rodney from ajax for 2 mil. the kid can play!!

i try not to spend lots on very old players.but i have with my inter team on 09.torres 70 million lol.hes 30 btw on mine.

i try not to spend lots on very old players.but i have with my inter team on 09.torres 70 million lol.hes 30 btw on mine.

well thats cool, though in the games it says that strikers reach their peak between 26 and 30. i often give older strikers a chance if they are already at the club before me, but once pace and stamina attributes decline, i show them the door, unfortunately i dont apply my own rules to lower league teams, you need anyone you can get, so i tend to draw the line at 33

Probably more realistic to have it in in some form. Ie the well documented player signing of spurs in recent years... that russian guy chelsea bought a couple of seasons ago... the japanese kid that, whoever it is failed to get a WP for.

on fm07 or 08 my mate,was somethink like red star and the chairman said he is signing players himself(somethink like that)and he did, paid all my mates budget on two players.

Probably more realistic to have it in in some form. Ie the well documented player signing of spurs in recent years... that russian guy chelsea bought a couple of seasons ago... the japanese kid that, whoever it is failed to get a WP for.

lol sorry to be a bit of a spoil sport, but chelsea bought schevchenko, who is ukranian not russian lol, unless your talking bout someone else, but im sure it was shevchenko, and was my first actuall real life knowledge of chairmen stepping into transfer matters.

and i believe that was why shevchenko didnt perform, cos mourinho didnt want him, but was forced upon him

Probably doesn't happen often enough IRL for SI to think it warranted staying in the game.

well as an example, jose mourinho said he has no say in transfer dealings at inter so in a way this would be a real world example of chairman/board/whatever handling players

well as an example, jose mourinho said he has no say in transfer dealings at inter so in a way this would be a real world example of chairman/board/whatever handling players

lol, let the poor man make his own signings! hes a quality manager and needs to make his own decisions regarding the team, if you upset him you will lose him and let some other guy take charge of your team

in other news, is there any way si would put the chairman request feature back for the next game? its a great feature and adds realism to the game. and id love to see it if you, as the manager, could build relationships with the chairman

lol sorry to be a bit of a spoil sport, but chelsea bought schevchenko, who is ukranian not russian lol, unless your talking bout someone else, but im sure it was shevchenko, and was my first actuall real life knowledge of chairmen stepping into transfer matters.

and i believe that was why shevchenko didnt perform, cos mourinho didnt want him, but was forced upon him

Alexey Smertin. Bought just after Roman arrived, iirc. Spent a lot of time at Pompey and Charlton, and not a lot of time on the pitch at Stamford Bridge.

Alexey Smertin. Bought just after Roman arrived, iirc. Spent a lot of time at Pompey and Charlton, and not a lot of time on the pitch at Stamford Bridge.

ah i see, sorry about that, well not the first time i made an ass of myself on this forum lol

I think that if your chairman has a high busineuss stat it might work.

I think it was introduced when Chelsea signed Ballack and Shevenko.

But that hasn't happened since.

What about a new feature where if you get taken over the new owner will sign you a quality player, to get the fans onside and to increase season ticket sales, out of his own pocket??

What about a new feature where if you get taken over the new owner will sign you a quality player, to get the fans onside and to increase season ticket sales, out of his own pocket??

dude, i bow down to you, fantatastic idea, i second that notion

This one sounds nice. I didnt like the previous "chairman request" feature. Berlusconi once bought Albelda, Fernando Torres and Lucio making my US$ 80 million transfer budget (conquered with lots of sweat by selling world class players and raising new ones) became a US$ 70 million deficit. If the chairman wants famous players, he could at least pay for them...

• 3 months later...

I've had requests to sign a big name, but I've not had the player specified, or had the chairman go out and buy one, for at least three versions. I've played FM07 to death. Are you sure you're not thinking of 06, stevie? I could be wrong though.

I've had requests to sign a big name, but I've not had the player specified, or had the chairman go out and buy one, for at least three versions. I've played FM07 to death. Are you sure you're not thinking of 06, stevie? I could be wrong though.

Never have played 06, I started FM at 07, for the first time since CM4, Pretty sure this was a feature.

Of course SCIAG, I assume this feature kicks in with Ambitious chairmen, so maybe you have played the game to death with unambitious chairmen? :D

Does Abramovic count? :p

Maybe it's because I always obeyed their request and signed a big name...

Well if you were managing Chelsea back on 07, I'm sure with all that money and reputation, your first signing would be a big name;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the same or just similar, but i definitely remember a friend of mine trying to sign someone, but he negotiated the deal to be too much money....the chairman intervened and injected more money into the club just to pay for the signing because the player was massive.....it was a neat thing to have....sparingly of course

What about Real Madrid, with the chairman constantly saying he's gunna buy Kaka, Ronaldo, and just about every other player who ever scored a goal? Would that be a worthwhile example of it happening?

To impliment it into the game, it could be something like a mesage arriving with the chairman saying he want's a Galacticos, say a player who's value is over £20 million, each season. And then putting his confidence in you down if you fail to do so ...

Of course it would have to be rare, and only apply to teams with high reputation, or a majorly high Ambition rating. If it appeared too often it would just get annoying, having your chairmen by awful players for you every season, wasting all your hard earnt cash.

I remember in FM05 me and a friend were playing (me Juve him Arsenal) and at start of 4th season Arsenal board went out and bought David Villa for £32.5m. He was bulling, even though he wouldn't have spent the money anyway.

Needless to say he was top scorer in England (while being third choice to December) and scored two in CL final to record Arsenal's first ever win over Juve in the game.

Perez is insane though :p

I think "Galacticos" should be measured on Reputation, not value. I mean, I know Becks is a fantastic player, but I'm sure they could have got an even better player (Ronaldinho?). They didn't want one, because he was the best known player in the world. That was what used to be used.

but how can the player see the reputation was my thinking. Without an editor/scout program, we wouldn't know if one player had higher reputation than the other. It wouldn't be too bad with real players, as we could kinda guess, but with regens.

Scratch that. Having thought about it, doesn't it say the players reputation on the players infomation page? If so, you'd still have to go onto each player, look at his reputation and go onto the next page, which would be tiresome. They'd need to be some sort of search filter showing you players that the chairman considers to be "Galactico" or whatever phrase is coined for it

Archived