error message: "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of profile0.xml

Try this:

Other XML Errors

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the exact same error everytime I started my saved game. I could still play the game fine though. As of a couple of days ago the error has disappeared, so I dont know what the problem was. My advice would be to just ignore it and it might go away, it doesnt effect the game in any way as far as I can see.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm getting an identical error message thats only started this evening...

"not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml"

What do I do?! :(

i have just got the same message i have tried every thing every one has surgested and it still dont work any ideas

• 7 months later...
Try this:

Other XML Errors

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Thank you. You sir are a legend!

Try this:

Other XML Errors

This wo0rked for me. All my settings needed rejigging and a saved game no longer worked; at least I can play now.

• 1 month later...

I got this error message right before the proceed to game, I had saved just before a match and then was not able to continue. I chose go on holiday for 1 day and everything was fine, had to do it a few times though as I could not accept a defeat in a game I could not be there for. Hope this helps, I have used it to get around many glitches in the game.

NOTE: (I am getting very annoyed that these errors keep coming up, we put hours of time into the game, errors like this should be rare but instead they are common place. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

I was getting the invalid token thing, deleting the settings folder seemed to help. But now I'm getting "couldn't find data folder data/sigfx" every time I try to open the game. Someone please help :( Thanks.

Archived