DBurns's Journeyman Career

DBurns

Hello everyone, after reading through a few great journeyman threads on here I've been inspired into starting my own journeyman career.

The highly influential threads are:

tomtuck

SRL88

SnakeXe

Career Introduction

My save is running with the latest FM Weegie update (15/06/12) with a large database with all current international players loaded as well as the following nations and leagues:

Argentina – Nacional B

Australia – A-League

Belgium – Derde Klasse

Brazil – Brasileirao Serie B

China – CSL

England – Blue Square Bet N/S

France – Championnat National

Germany – 3.Liga

Ireland – Airtricity Premier Division

Italy – Serie C2

Netherlands – Juplier League

N. Ireland – Carling Premiership

Portugal – Second Division

Russia – Pervyj Division

South Korea – National League

Spain – Segunda B

Turkey – 2. Lig

Ukraine – Persha Liha

United States – MLS

Uruguay – Segunda Division Profesional

Thats 47 leagues loaded from 20 nations which should allow me to travel the globe building my reputation.

Career Aims

I have no real set aims for this save, instead I will try to enjoy it as much as I can by playing it as though it is real life regarding job offers. This is my first time doing a journeyman save and I hope to manage in leagues I don't usually manage in such as Brazil, Russia and the United States.

My career start date is July 2011, the England start date.

I have started my career as myself, a Sunday League footballer from Ireland, having recently turned 36. I have decided against having a favourite team so that it doesn’t affect my job prospects in the future.

I took a look at the current job centre and immediately applied for every available job.

All that is left to do now is to press ‘Continue’ and wait for the offers to roll in…..

So after pressing continue, I've received 10 job offers. They are as follows:

Guarani - Brazil - Second Division (6th) - 6th after 10 games in a 20 team league, 5 points off the top, a point off the play-offs and 11 points clear of relegation, decent squad but £29m debt?

Galway United - Ireland - Premier Division (10th) - 0 points from 19 games, 16 points off safety, threadbare and inexperienced squad, poor finances and that's before I mention the contract and budgets! Think we can rule out starting here!

Red Star 93 - France - Third Division - I would have a full pre season with the team, decent squad, no debt! But my last save was a long term one with PSG so don't really fancy going back to France.

Helmond Sport - Holland - Second Division - Decent but smallish squad, no debt. Predicted 11th, could be a handy enough start as well as decent budgets!

Sporting 'B' or Zaragoza 'B' - Spain - Third Division - Decided to group these together as I'm not keen on managing a 'B' team!

New England - USA - MLS East (9th) - Currently bottom but only just. Small squad but no debts and valued at £28m. Always wanted to manage in the MLS but think I might prefer to do so when I've a better reputation to fall back on should things go wrong!

Vila Nova (GO) - Brazil - Second Division (18th) - Third bottom and look like they're fighting for their lives as its tight at the bottom. Reliant on one striker for goals who has just broken his leg. Another one to rule out I think!

Donegal Celtic - N. Ireland - First Division - Debt free, an inflated squad however but a team I've seen play a few times due to them being fairly local.

Henan - China - Premier Division (12th) - 12th in a 16 team league, currently 6 points off relegation but 26 points off top spot and 13 points off qualification for the AFC Champions League.

Any advice on where my first move should be? Hopefully I've provided enough information for yous.

Surely someone must give you a job out of that lot :rolleyes:.

Nice to see another person being influenced to start a career. I shall be following :thup:.

Yes, 10 offers in fact listed in my previous post.

Your career was a big influence :thup: thanks, appreciate it!

Donegal Celtic I would say is a good starting point but if you want something a bit futher away Helmond Sport is the perfect choice.

Thanks, so far I've narrowed it down to three - Donegal Celtic, Helmond Sport and Guarani.

Donegal Celtic because of them being a local(ish) team, Helmond Sport because I've never managed in Holland and Guarani because there's something about them that attracts me to them but similar to the MLS, I might leave managing in Brazil to a later point in my career. Leaning towards Donegal Celtic.

guaranifc.jpg

GuaraniBackground.png

So my first job is in Brazil. I decided to jump straight in to the complicated league system and figured the best way to learn the system was to manage there.

I will hopefully enjoy my time here and if I do, it means I'll come back later in my career after I've built up my reputation (may take a while).

We currently sit 6th in the league, in a promising position. I have 3 days to prepare for my first match, away to the other Brazilian side to offer me a job - Vila Nova (GO)! What a way to start my career!

Guarani are a club with a big history, and probably shouldn't be slumming it in the second division. Restoring them to former glories would be a cracking challenge.
Don't keep us waiting too long for the answer!

Think you'll be happy with my decision!

I've been playing against Guarani in my career :) Good club and frustrating to play against :) Good luck.

Thank you :) hopefully my Guarani are as frustrating to play against as they are in your career! :)

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns’s Career – New Club – 2011 – Guarani FC

Board Expectations:

Campeonato Brasileiro Serie B: Respectable league position

Copa Kia do Brasil: Knocked Out (Quarter Finals)

Personal Expectations:

Campeonato Brasileiro Serie B: Top half finish

Copa Kia do Brasil: N/A

Season Budgets:

Transfer Budget - £36,900

Wage Budget - £59,891 per week (currently spending £49,451 per week)

Balance - £518,752

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns’s Career – July 2011 – Guarani FC

Campeonato Brasileiro Serie B

Results

GuaraniResultsJuly2011.png

My career started at the home of the other Brazilian club to offer me a job where we recorded an easy enough win. My first home game was against the team just above us in the league with a 0-0 draw a fair result. We followed this up with two consecutive 2-0 victories over two mid table teams. Another 0-0 draw in the next game saw us move into the top four before an away trip to top of the table Vitoria. A terrific performance and another clean sheet led to a great victory.

So, 6 games, 6 clean sheets and 14 points in my first month in charge! Not a bad start.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieBOverview_Stages.png

After a terrific first month in charge, we've moved up from 6th to 4th in the table and are now 5 points clear in the race for a play off spot. Hopefully if I can continue this fine form and defensive performances then I'm confident of securing a play off place at the very least.

Good club to start with. Brazil can be confusing but can be quickly worked out. The amount of games normally main issue.
Good luck in Brazil. It'll be a long season (literally). :D

Yes, it does seem like I'm in for a long season but I'm enjoying it so far.

Will definitely be following this. Good luck in Brazil. :brock:
good luck mate.
Good luck in Brazil fella :thup:.
Guarani looks a good club to start with.

Thanks for the support guys, appreciate it very much!

Good choice, best to avoid the dutch league and their crazy promotion rules!

Could it be anymore crazy than Brazil? :D

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - August 2011 - Guarani FC

Results

GuaraniResultsAugust2011.png

A fairly average month with 4 draws from 5 wins but we remain undefeated under my management. We started the month off with a great win over mid table Duque de Caxias before forgetting how to score in the next four games but only one goal scored. The away draws were good results but we should have won both the home games as we had the possession and chances. But I can't complain, I'm still undefeated after 11 games and we're in the top four.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieBOverview_Stages-2.png

So we hold on to a top four spot but only just. If we're going to stay there, we're going to have to start turning some of these draws into wins. Next month is however a tough month as we play 3 of the top 6, so if we are still undefeated at the end of September I'll be delighted.

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - September 2011 - Guarani FC

Results

GuaraniResultsSeptember2011.png

We started September the way we finished August - with two consecutive 0-0 draws and again we had chances to win both games. After scoring only one goal in the past six games, we hit four in the next two games as two 2-0 victories fired us up to second place. We finished the month with two of our best performances of the season which moved us to the top of the league for the first time this season.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieBOverview_Stages-3.png

11 games to go, a point clear at the top, the question is can we score enough goals to get the wins we're going to need to win the league. We have only conceded 3 goals in my seventeen games so defence is not a concern at all. I'd settle for a top four place and promotion but there's no reason we can't win the league.

Ahhh yes...the draws of Serie B. I had tons of draws too. Annoying.
Lots of draws there. Hopefully you can start notching up a couple of wins.

Yes thankfully we have started turning some of those draws into victories.

guaranifc.jpg

Results

GuaraniResultsOctober2011.png

A great month with five clean sheets from six matches but again scoring goals was the problem. We started the month with three consecutive 1-0 victories which put us four points clear at the top. But again our old failings came back to haunt us with three draws to finish the month including two goalless draws before conceding the first goal of the month and only the fourth goal in 23 games.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieBOverview_Stages-4.png

So, with 5 games left to we are currently two points clear at the top and six points clear of the final promotion place. I'm confident of finishing top as three of our last five games are against teams in the bottom half with the other two games home matches.

How many teams get automatically promoted?

As cerud said, the top four get promotion.

Great record this month! markyosullivan, 4 teams get promoted, the top four.

Thank you!

Do you even know the term defeat ;).
Going along excellently dude, keep up the good work. :thup:

Cheers guys, hopefully we can finish the season undefeated!

Great work fella. Well done on promotion :applause:.

Thanks! All that is left to do now is to win the league.

Basing it on defence, like me. :cool:

Yes, definitely! Only four goals conceded in 27 games!

guaranifc.jpg

Results

GuaraniResultsNovember2011.png

Another month of clean sheets, we may only have scored 3 goals but it was enough to secure 11 points from an available 15. For once, our performances were poor throughout the whole month and we were lucky to remain undefeated. Both draws seen us dominated by the other team whereas the wins could have just as easily been three defeats but I'm not complaining.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieBOverview_Stages-5.png

The 11 points we secured through the month meant we first secured promotion, and then won the league with three points to spare over second place. I am delighted considering we were predicted to finish 11th and on my arrival, we were sixth.

Well done on promotion:thup:

Cheers :thup:

Bruno Mendes looks like a real talent.

Yes, I'm considering bringing him into the first team squad next season to get him tutored before hopefully loaning him out.

Archived