My plan for FM13 from a Cardiff fan!

I'm sure you're all aware what's happened at Cardiff and until recently, I was absolutely cringing about buying FM13 and having to go Cardiff playing in red. I am totally against the change, I was taken to my first game at 4 years old back in 1988 and I have been a supporter ever since. I will always support my local team and I will still be a season ticket holder next season. But with our identity being taken away, it really does feel like the passion and emotional connection I once had supporting my local team will no longer be there. Personally, I would rather us fight struggle and even die as what we are - Cardiff City playing in blue as the Bluebirds, than sell our souls to succeed as something we're not - a red Malaysian franchise.

I really do sympathise and understand what the Salzburg fans went through and I admire their fans for setting up their own club, they're real fans who like myself, put their local clubs tradition, heritage, local pride and identity way ahead of any successes, promotions or trophies. I wish Cardiff fans had the backbone Salzburg fans have and I just can't bring myself to manage Cardiff on FM13 and get any enjoyment from it. I was wondering because of this whether to buy FM13 at all. However, after thinking about this and being a mad FM fan, I have thought about a way to buy FM13 and still get my enjoyment out of it. Here's what I am going to do.

I will be definitely doing the editor for next seasons FM13. I have decided I will be renaming Cardiff Franchise FC and change their nickname to The Sellouts. I will then create a new club called Cardiff City nicknamed the Bluebirds playing in blue with the Bluebird on the badge. I will call the stadium Ninian Park and basically try and create the club Cardiff once was who I initially fell in love with as a child. I will start at the very bottom division available and try to rise all the way to the top.

I have always been one of those who manage Cardiff and nobody else, I just love my local club too much and managing anyone else would feel like I'm abandoning my local club, just like the numerous numbers of plastics around the world who FOLLOW "their club" from their armchairs on Sky TV (not supporting their club, supporting a club means actually dedicating their time to turn up to the games and put money into the club in my opinion) . Unfortunately, these local glory supporters around South Wales are now excited about Cardiff having their identity, prestige and history flushed down the toilet just to have a chance to see local, Premiership football.

It sickens me but the only plus I can take from this is I was getting fed up of only having to get promotion from one division to reach the Premiership. So by playing FM13 the way I am intending, at least this will give me plenty more seasons of enjoyment, improvement and progression. Hopefully I will meet Franchise FC on the way and do the double over them and if I did manage to reach the Premiership and get success as the club I actually love, it will make things all the more sweeter! Bring on the challenge of FM13, I am looking forward to it already!

I have always been one of those who manage Cardiff and nobody else, I just love my local club too much and managing anyone else would feel like I'm abandoning my local club, just like the numerous numbers of plastics around the world who FOLLOW "their club" from their armchairs on Sky TV (not supporting their club, supporting a club means actually dedicating their time to turn up to the games and put money into the club in my opinion) .

Your opinion is wrong.

We don't all have £100's to spend on season tickets, travelling and matchday goodies. Hell I can't even afford Sky; does that mean I don't qualify as a Southampton fan, even tho I was brought up for 17 years of my life there?

I think you shouldn't buy FM13 at all, instead setup your own bank account and start saving so you can buy Cardiff City yourself, because that's what a real fan would do isnt it?

Your opinion is wrong.

We don't all have £100's to spend on season tickets, travelling and matchday goodies. Hell I can't even afford Sky; does that mean I don't qualify as a Southampton fan, even tho I was brought up for 17 years of my life there?

I think you shouldn't buy FM13 at all, instead setup your own bank account and start saving so you can buy Cardiff City yourself, because that's what a real fan would do isnt it?

There is a difference between being a fan and a supporter; I am quite happy being a fan and watching games on TV, I don't care if people criticise me for not going to games, it's my own choice.

Why does a colour matter so much? My home team changed colours, fair enough long before i was born, but we were black and gold for 40 years before someone had the idea that we should play in red. Leeds only took up playing in white so they could look like Real Madrid on the pitch. Cardiff still have the same history, ideals and everything else you love the club for, nothing has taken that away. Playing in blue is all well and good if you have a club there, as it stands Cardiff prob wont survive without the investment.

I dont really see the point in what your doing, but everyone plays FM in their own way so good luck with it all.

Why does a colour matter so much? My home team changed colours, fair enough long before i was born, but we were black and gold for 40 years before someone had the idea that we should play in red. Leeds only took up playing in white so they could look like Real Madrid on the pitch. Cardiff still have the same history, ideals and everything else you love the club for, nothing has taken that away. Playing in blue is all well and good if you have a club there, as it stands Cardiff prob wont survive without the investment.

I dont really see the point in what your doing, but everyone plays FM in their own way so good luck with it all.

Don't you dare start, or I'll get infracted and therefore banned. Please, selling your soul and idendity for false hope and promises from a guy a across the globe who only took interest in football in 2010 is pretty devastating. Maybe you are a different type of fan but if you were born and bred like me and Rossini into this club and culture of South Wales and the club you would know how we feel at this present point, but you don't so you simply can't relate as much despite your club changing colours many years ago.

Rossini I;d be highly interested in this next year, even though I shall still be supporting Cardiff City Football Club(the only history we seems to have kept) I'd relish this challenge.

Who says its false anything? This time next year you could be in the EPL and doing well. Give him a chance at least to prove his point. How long do you think the Sheiks in control of Man City have been interested in football? Do you think they actually care about football in general? They are not doing too badly with owner only really interested in massaging their own ego.

I was born and bread into my own team and culture, i have been a season ticket holder for close to 15 years now, as long as i could have on my own, if they suddenly decided to change the colour of our strip i would still buy my season ticket, and i would be excited about where my club could end up going.

But each to their own :)

Well if success is everything to you then maybe that shows the difference how we were brought up as fans. I cba to go into details as it would take ages but this 100m investment 40m has already gone, but you have to trust me it's looking very dodgy, and to see fellow fans turning with the flash of a sum is frightening and has shocked me. I'd have to write pages and pages to prove the false claims etc just to show another football fan the depths of this, and I really can't be bothered. On-lookers like you might seem in awe and some might even be jealous but it's really far from it.

Who says its false anything? This time next year you could be in the EPL and doing well. Give him a chance at least to prove his point. How long do you think the Sheiks in control of Man City have been interested in football? Do you think they actually care about football in general? They are not doing too badly with owner only really interested in massaging their own ego.

I was born and bread into my own team and culture, i have been a season ticket holder for close to 15 years now, as long as i could have on my own, if they suddenly decided to change the colour of our strip i would still buy my season ticket, and i would be excited about where my club could end up going.

But each to their own :)

Why are you arguing with actual Cardiff fans about how they feel about the direction their club is headed?

I can understand why the move was taken by Cardiff's board but can also respect and empathise with the feelings of the home grown fans. Creating a phoenix club with the editor is actually a pretty neat idea I think.

Why are you arguing with actual Cardiff fans about how they feel about the direction their club is headed?

I can understand why the move was taken by Cardiff's board but can also respect and empathise with the feelings of the home grown fans. Creating a phoenix club with the editor is actually a pretty neat idea I think.

Im not really arguing, im just pointing out they may be slightly over reacting to the situation. The club hasnt been shut down or deleted from history, its just changing the colour of their strip. Calling the guy a liar and claiming he has false promises when he hasnt had a chance to come good on his word is a bit harsh.

I'm welsh through and through... know all about the history of the club etc... and frankly... a change of colour is a very small sacrifice to make to keep the club alive and healthy imo... not ideal of course but hey, a colour change and the premise of premiership football finally is a thousand % more preferable than staying blue and doing a portsmouth or any other countless clubs who have suffered financial meltdown..

and lets face it.. thats where Cardiff are heading.

salzburg may have had to go corporate and turn into a franchise but they've made the club successful and dragged the club into the world stage, which will help the local community no end and keep the club and history going for years to come..

Again for us it's not all about success, it's belonging, to share an identity and tradition throughout the club's history. As Rossini says I'd rather turn out a Portsmouth if it means us not giving up our symbol that we as fans and generations shared whether it be 1927, Real Madrid or the end of the millenium where we were there in the 4th division. The days when we thought success would never come to clubs like us, we just went to games and shared a passion etc. And losing that for money is selling our soul for a very un-clear future. Welshace have you seen posts from eg The Lone Gunman on CCMB with some shocking facts etc which directs us back to realisation, we are still very far from debt free, and I'd rather die a bluebird, wearing blue, the shirt my father first brought me which is why I got hooked than to die as a red club and even if success comes, will I ever feel the same if we ever make it to Wembley again?, will I feel the pride of turning out amongst hundreds to see us lose to a League 2 side on a freezing wintery night?, the pride that carried us from playing Welsh premier football against valley sides to representing our nation at Wembley for the world's greatest domestic cup in England!!!

I highly doubt that too. Maybe it's all about success for some, but for people like me, Rossini who grew up expecting nothing, who savour and apprciate every great memory but don't neccesarily need it, for us it's about the above, and it's devastating, some I know won't understand this message at all, and will laugh, but I'm hoping some might simply be able to relate somewhat to the pain and mysterious emotion that seems to follow us in the future.

Bluebirds4life, thankyou for contributing to this thread, you feel exactly how myself and thousands of other City fans feel. Even if this supposed investment allowed us to get to the Premiership and then even win the Premiership and dominate world football, it still wouldn't feel the same. It would still be Cardiff City, but it wouldn't feel like MY Cardiff City, the club who I fell in love with and grew up supporting chanting "blue army" and "bluebirds"! Of course this is how myself and bluebirds4life feel and there's other Cardiff fans who are welcoming this change because they think the investment will save our club, but as bluebirds4life pointed out regarding The Lone Gunman's blog, I am not buying into this just yet, there seems to be more questions than answers at the moment. The Lone Gunman's blog is here for those who are interested: http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/debt-free-future-for-bluebirds.html

AcidBurn, personally I think as this real life change IS having an impact on what's going to happen on FM13, with Cardiff now having a red home strip, this is perfectly appropriate to talk about isn't it?

No it's the wrong thread. This forum is for FM discussions only. If you want to take it the direction you have, then use the football forum where a thread already exists on this topic.

Cleon, my initial post discussed what I am planning to do when playing FM13 because of what's happened to my club in real life. FM13 will be based on football in real life after all. Therefore Cardiff will now have a red home kit on FM13 because of what's happened in real life at Cardiff City FC, I think this is what everyone is discussing in this thread?

Your OP was perfectly acceptable but then the thread changed into debate about real life football and not FM. I actually like the idea of your FM13 game it would be a great challenge and one I would be interested in playing myself. The trouble is the thread has turned into a debate about real life football issues with no mention of FM if that continues then the thread will be closed.

That's fair enough AcidBurn, it's just an emotional time to be a Cardiff fan so I guess it was inevitable the thread would turn into real life discussion. Once FM13 comes out and I start my challenge I will keep posting in this thread about how it's going.

It's okay I can understand the emotions of the situation. If you wanted to you could edit the database then post the xml file in a challenge forum so others can have a go at doing the challenge. It would take a bit of dedication on your part but I am sure people would be very interested in reading about this FM13 save in the career updates forum. Why wait until FM13 why not start on FM12?

It's okay I can understand the emotions of the situation. If you wanted to you could edit the database then post the xml file in a challenge forum so others can have a go at doing the challenge. It would take a bit of dedication on your part but I am sure people would be very interested in reading about this FM13 save in the career updates forum. Why wait until FM13 why not start on FM12?

Thanks for that suggestion, it's appreciated. To be honest I imagine FM13 will come out at some point in October and as I am so far into my current game as Cardiff City in blue, I don't see much point starting a new game as I won't have enough time to get very far by the time FM13 comes out. I have never edited the database before so I'm assuming from what you're saying, when you use the editor to make changes, the changes are saved as a XML file which you need to insert into one of the folders for the game to get it up and running? Like when you download a new tactic and insert it into the tactics folder for example?

hey mate i think i spoke to you on annis's forum, im going to remove cardiff from the league add them in non league ninian park and rise again

I am on Annis' forum so you probably have spoken to me as I recently posted in the FM thread. Those who call Cardiff fans pathetic for having these feelings are actually the pathetic ones theirselves. They have no idea what we're going through and they will never understand unless it actually happens to their own clubs. Someone I know is a Liverpool "fan" and when he said to me it's just a change of colour, I replied asking him how he would feel if Liverpool changed to blue. He took my point, everyone can have opinions when things like this happens to other clubs, but when it actually happens to your own club, then the reality hits you.

Thanks for that suggestion, it's appreciated. To be honest I imagine FM13 will come out at some point in October and as I am so far into my current game as Cardiff City in blue, I don't see much point starting a new game as I won't have enough time to get very far by the time FM13 comes out. I have never edited the database before so I'm assuming from what you're saying, when you use the editor to make changes, the changes are saved as a XML file which you need to insert into one of the folders for the game to get it up and running? Like when you download a new tactic and insert it into the tactics folder for example?

Yeah it's pretty much the same, when you save the changes they are saved as an XML file that can be found in the editor data folder and uploaded for others to use.

Archived