"Doesn't relish the big occasions"

I've found a pretty promising left-back to reinforce my team, but my scouts tell me that he doesn't relish the big occasions, so I guess his important matches attribute is low. What effect does it actually have, ie. is he bound to always play badly in big games (what count as big games? Finals of course, rival matches?) or just occasionally underperform? And is it possible that his important games attribute might improve (how?), as he is only 20 at the moment?

Personality attributes can also be affected.

If the player tutoring him loves big occasions, then that will rub off on the young player.

It may rub off on the younger player. The players may not gel well together and as such nothing or very little will be learned.

Personality attributes can also be affected.

If the player tutoring him loves big occasions, then that will rub off on the young player.

That's not true. Consistency and Important Matches attributes are not at all affected by tutoring. So you cannot tutor a player to 'relish big games'.

When someone has "Doesn't relish the big occasions", does it mean they fail to increase their performance in big matches (and performs poorly compared to those who do), or does it mean they actually lower their performance in big matches compared to regular matches?

in my experience they lower their performance PLUS usually make a big dumb mistake like an own goal or give the ball away leading to a breakaway if they're a defender, and if they're a striker they will disappear, or miss easy chance after easy chance in big games even if they are like 16 finished 17 composure and been on a massive run of form scoring for fun the previous games.

Some regens with epic stats I try to keep around, convinced I can motivate them to play properly in big games when I need them, that it won't be a big deal, but like I said it always winds up bothering me too much so I sell them on. I hate players you can't depend on when it matters most.

That's just me personally though

He plays badly and disappears in big games. Damn I hate players like this, they destroy weak crappy teams and are non-existant when you need them most. I usually get frustrated and sell them on after one season no matter how good their stats are or how many goals they got vs **** teams

*cough*splutter*Cristiano Ronaldo*splutter*cough*

Big Matches increase with age and experience only, I think. It is, together with Pressure (handling) one of the most important attributes for any team aspiring to fight for titles. My goalkeeper in the Bradford save, a regen called Chanda Chewe, were so poor when it comes to pressure handling that my assistant warned me that he wouldn't be suited to professional football! Now, I think six years later, this message is gone and Chanda is one of the best keepers in the world and can be counted upon also for the big occasions and when I need him the most.

He's now Resolute and level-headed, with no weaknesses according to the assistant.

Archived