What Nationailty Dominates Your Squad?

Apart from the Nation you are based at obviously. ;)

In my current Sutton United game I have a complete mish-mash of different nations all with just one representative, apart from Chile. I have two Chileans BOTH Worldwide reputation strikers. They also happen to be captain and vice-captain at our club ;)

25 year old striker Osvaldo Villalon is valued at £35.5m, 57 goals in 80 games.

30 year old striker Julio Cesar Cordova is valued at £24.5m, 143 goals in 210 games.

Do you find yourself just taking anyone who is quality or do field a nation of Brazilians? ;)

My squads are typically full of South Americans and Eastern Europeans. Simple reason is that players from the major Western European nations expect to receive salaries that are far greater than their abilities and their clubs demand obscene transfer fees so I refuse to buy them out of principal. I hate not signing local players as it's what I love to see in real life, but it's just impossible to be successful and buy players from these leagues unless you're managing a massive club with huge transfer and wage budgets.

well I'm Arsenal so I'm allowed to be proud of 8 Englishmen in my 25 man squad :D but the other dominant nations are Netherlands and Italy with 4 apiece and 3 brazilians before the rest are 1s and 2s

I adjusted Brazilian league to have no foreign restrictions in my pre-patch savegame and ended up having 5 Colombian first teamers and also a Peruvian one. :)

But Brazilians were still the majority of my squad, although I preferred to sign other South Americans as they are cheaper.

My Basingstoke side in 2021 currently only has two English first-teamers; a right-back who is 21 and a centre-back who is 19. Both key players. Got another English CM breaking through, but he's only 17. Also got a 23-year old CM who was born in England, has a very English name (Ben McCabe), but he came through Juventus' youth system and opted to play for Italy.

At the moment French players dominate squad, though I have a nice little mix. I'm trying to bring as many English players through as possible but I'm having to rely on my own intake as other English clubs demand extortionate fees for their players. I'm also finding a distinct lack of good attacking English players, which is tough... I enjoy getting obscure nationalities in my intake, and I had a very promising lad from St Pierre & Miquelon come through only for the game to crash. I then had a Japanese guy appear for me who looks like he's gonna be good, so looking forward to seeing him break into the first team. My goal is to get a North Korean first teamer though :D

My Basingstoke side in 2021 currently only has two English first-teamers; a right-back who is 21 and a centre-back who is 19. Both key players. Got another English CM breaking through, but he's only 17. Also got a 23-year old CM who was born in England, has a very English name (Ben McCabe), but he came through Juventus' youth system and opted to play for Italy.

At the moment French players dominate squad, though I have a nice little mix. I'm trying to bring as many English players through as possible but I'm having to rely on my own intake as other English clubs demand extortionate fees for their players. I'm also finding a distinct lack of good attacking English players, which is tough... I enjoy getting obscure nationalities in my intake, and I had a very promising lad from St Pierre & Miquelon come through only for the game to crash. I then had a Japanese guy appear for me who looks like he's gonna be good, so looking forward to seeing him break into the first team. My goal is to get a North Korean first teamer though :D

Next time you start a save enter you nationality as North Korean and you will have North Korean youths come through your academy in your youth intake each year :D

Ha. I have 15 nationalities in my squad but interestingly no two players of the same one, the local Russians excluded. If I roll back time 6 months the answer is Brazil - had two of those for a while there.

Everywhere apart from England really. The disappointing thing is I would rather buy home-grown but there is a lack of English talent in my save and the ones that do exist want ridiculous wages as already mentioned.

Managing on Netherlands, the current first team Squad:

4 Dutch

3 Czech

2 Romanian

2 Italian

2 Croatian

2 Brazilian

1 Argentinian

1 Austrian

1 Canadian

1 Chilean

1 Danish

1 Moroccan

1 Scottish

1 Serbian

1 Slovak

1 Swedish

1 Uruguayan

Quite a multi-cultural squad!

I'm managing in Australia, so I'm only allowed to register five foreigners, which is everyone without Australian or New Zealand citizenship. So, although the word "dominate" doesn't seem appropriate, I do have two players from Ivory Coast.

1 x Argentina

6 x Brazil

1 x Croatia

1 x Denmark

2 x England

2 x France

2 x Germany

1 x Ghana

1 x Greece

1 x Netherlands

1 x Honduras

1 x Mexico

1 x Norway

1 x Poland

2 x Portugal

1 x Russia

2 x Slovakia

5 x Spain

At Barcelona in 2026.

Chelmsford save is 2015/16. currently in championship after 4 successive promotions. Nationalities are:

2 Austrian

1 Chinese

1 Belgium

4 Denmark

3 English

1 Finland

1 Iceland

4 Northern Ireland

1 Norway

2 Ireland

2 Scottish

Majority are from UK and Ireland regions, with most foreign additions coming from Scandinavia. So much talent there at low costs. Try to keep the squad as British as possible but its un-realistic with my budgets when so many other clubs raid the decent locals.

Playing as Man Utd currently in season 2038/39. Nationalities are:

3 Argentina

3 Brazil

1 Cezch

2 English

8 French

7 Italian

3 Portugese

3 Spanish

My domestic player loyalty for the first squad is poor. Mainly buy South American teenagers and train them up in the Under 18s till they are ready for first team action.

playing as worksop in 27/28 in the prem.

2 Argentinian

1 Armenian (youth)

1 Austrian

2 Croatian

1 Danish

3 Egyptian

16 English (all youths apart from 1)

17 French

29 German

4 Italian

4 turkish

3 Welsh

I think its obvious where my players come from (the austrian, both croatians, 1 italian and 3 turkish are also german :D), all my players are free's apart from the argentinians and 1 egyptian

Second season with Southampton, and the first team squad breaks down like this:

3 English - 2 from the original squad

3 Spanish

3 Italian

2 Norwegians

2 Brazilians

2 Argentinians

2 Mexicans

1 each of South Africa, Iceland, Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary, Columbia, Denmark, and France.

On the youth/developmental side, it is all over the map. A large number of the incoming youth are from non-EU countries, since they seemed to generate the best talent this season. I have 4 Brazilians lined up to arrive over the next couple years, for example.

In my Hull City squad in 2020 my subs/backups are mainly mixed but my first team is somewhat English.

I play 4-2-3-1 with

English LB

German CB

Ghana CB

English RB

English CDM

English CM

French LW

English CAM (Fabian Delph being switched around with a 19 yo english regen)

Portuguese RAM

English ST

* EDIT: English GK

Bourneview YM (Northern Ireland) 2044/45

Brazil x10

Argentina x2

France x2

Germany x2

And one each from Croatia, Egypt, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Serbia and South Korea

The reserves are full of NI players, but my youth facilities have only just been finished so they have been awful up until now.

Carmarthen (Wales) 2032

Argentina x3

Austrailia x1

Brazil x2

Canada x1

Colombia x1

Croatia x3

Denmark x1

England x2

Greece x2

Guinea x2

Italy x1

Malawi x1

Serbia x1

Portugal x1

Turkey x1

Uruguay x1

Wales x5

Zimbabwe x1

Quite a mix :D

Manchester City 2015...

2x Argentina

2x Belgium

2x Brazil

1x Chile

6x England

3x France

1x Germany

1x Ghana

1x Netherlands

2x Italy

1x Ivory Coast

1x Norway

3x Spain

1x Wales

Shocking lack of homegrown talent in my first team.

Oh if I do it like that, including loaned out players (3 of them):

2, Argentinian

1, Belgian

3, Brazilian

1, Cypriot

1, English

4, French

2, Italian

1, Japanese

1, Peruvian

1, Polish

1, Russia

1, South Africa

3, Spanish

1, Swedish

1, Swiss

1, Ivorian

1, Czech

1, Turkish

1, Moroccan

1, Norwegian

Multicultural :brock:

For my Manchester United team in 2016, I have 10 English players but the next highest I have is 4 Brazilians and I have 3 each from France, Italy and Spain. I also have 2 from Argentina and then I have 1 player from various other countries.

I've always wanted to try and take a side to the top of the Premiership with a squad made up of Brits. In season 8 I took over struggling West Ham in the Championship as they have a good youth set up so I can churn out heaps of good youngsters. I set about flogging the huge number of foreigners that littered their squad.

I'm still rebuilding the squad for season 9. However, I now have around 15 British & Irish players, 2 Brazilians, 2 lads from Slovakia and a Frenchman. My youth team also has around 6 or 7 very promising English lads.

Later in the game it seems a little easier to sign newgens around 20-23 years of age that once had potential, but never made the grade with their Premiership club. Not sure if they'll make the grade if / when we get promoted.

Unfortunately my Board want me to win the Championship. It might be a step too far.

depends :D

if i'm managing BPL team , at least 12-15/more should be England nationality , if Serie-A , then Italian

just like Juve , use local talents , usually looking for the best on these country xD

Managing Rubin Kazan in Russia, in 2016 and I have the following distribution in the first team:

10 x Russians (mostly due to the foreigner rules here, but I do have one excellent youth the came through the club's facilities )

3 x Argentinians (this is the nationality that I always kind of favor)

2 x Ghanians (very, very good players there)

1 x Belgian, Ecuadorian, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Romanian, Ivorian.

Two games.

25 Man Squads

22 Spanish/Basque

3 French/Basque

25 Man Squad

15 Spanish

2 South African

3 French

2 Uruguayan

2 Portuguese

1 Argentinan/Italian

OK - the first one I am Athletic Club so not much choice, but the second I am Numancia.

I won't even bother about doing a Full squad :p

2 x Argentina

1 x Brazil

1 x Cameroon

1 x Croatia

1 x England

1 x Egypt

2 x France

3 x Germany

1 x Italian

1 x Kenya

2 x Mexico

1 x Nigeria

1 x Romania

1 x South Africa

1 x Spain

1 x Czech

1 x Congo

1 x China

2 x USA

2 x Tunisia

1 x Turkish

1 x Uganda

I'm Birmingham City in 2019.

At Spurs in summer 2017:

1 Argentinian

1 Brazilian

6 English (1 Jamaican by birth)

2 French (1 Senegalese by birth)

1 German

1 Nigerian

1 Portuguese

1 Scottish

1 South African

2 Spanish (1 Argentinian by birth, 1 Moroccan by birth)

1 Swiss

1 Welsh

Quite pleased to have 8 British in the squad, but I would like more, it's just hard to find them at the right price.

Archived