Football Manager not responding!

Does anyone get a free in the game sometimes, most noteably with me when I am going to start a match nd the screen goes white and says FM is not responding. First time this is happening with me. Does anyone else experience this, or sometimes is it a case of freezing but will the game eventually resume?

I think its when the game is processing the most, and you try to interact with it by clicking or anything else which causes it to not respond. On FM11 If I was creating a game, if anything interfered with it like somebody signing into steam and it popping up bottom right, it would crash the game. Mines however is not an issue, so I don't kow what you should do

It sounds like the OP is pushing the limits of his system & might need to consider reducing the number of playable leagues or database size.

• Administrators

You running any custom skins or graphics? I'd also suggest deleting your settings file (this will reset your preferences to default by the way). Details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184731&viewfull=1#post7184731

I got a few kits and logos only. Know customed skins. If I delete this file will this mean that all the custom logos and kits will be deleted?

I also get this freeze and "not responding", in various places. However, I get it with other applications as well. Been around since windows xp. It is harmless but slightly frustrating. As people said, it's the cpu processing and sometimes it just needs to catch up. Not sure if there is away around this issue as if you google it you find it is universal.

here are are things that can help;

*do you clean your registry?

*do you defrag the pc?

*do you clean out the junk files

and so forth.

I use a freeware program called; "Advanced SystemCare 5 and that really cleans the pc as well as checks for malware and so on as well as other useful tools.

Anyway good luck.

• Administrators
I got a few kits and logos only. Know customed skins. If I delete this file will this mean that all the custom logos and kits will be deleted?

Just remove the graphics folder from where it is (say cut it and paste it to desktop) then test the game to see if the issue re-occurs.

Archived