Big Fish in a Small Pond - Game Thread

Big Fish in a Small Pond

Okay this is it. Twenty two of the worlds most promising stars have joined Norweigan 3rd tier clubs. Every one have been tied down on 20 year deals and declared to see out their contracts. The aim is simple. Take a small unknown Norwegian team as far as possible. Although they play in a variety of poistions, all players have been set the same PA and CA. Injury proneness has been set at 1 to make sure they get as much playing time as possible. I have also set all clubs that the youngsters have joined as professional. I hope this helps them to train the players on to reach their potential. The runners and riders are as folllows:

Group One

Mike Nevo will be turning out for KFUM Oslo. Fans will be hoping he can fire them to the 2nd place they have been tipped for.

Arawn Moridin will look to anchor the midfield at Lorenskog. It's been suggested they could finish as high as 3rd place this year.

Dench Frompong is looking to make his mark at Moss. They are the bookies favourites to lift the title this season.

Severus Moody will lead the line at Steinkjer. Will have some ground to make up though as they are only tipped for 9th spot.

Omar Brown hopes to make an impression at Strindheim. The bookies are suggesting a 5th place.

Group Two

Jaime Bowmimo has joined Baerum. Only tipped for 6th place this coming season.

Jake Stothard will play for title favourites Follo FK.

Demba Hynd will hope he can make the difference for Kristiansund BK. Can they surpass the 3rd place that has been predicted?

Wolodymyr Zelenko is at Lillehammer. Media say 5th spot for LFK.

Santi Ganso will be aiming to take Raufoss to the top. 2nd is the suggested finish this year.

John Crane will turn out for Valdres. Can his goals improve on the 4th place finish they are tipped for?

Group Three

Lewis Leddy is at Algard. Looks to have the talent to to take the club higher than the 4th the media are predicting.

Luke Corcoran hopes to be a rock at the back for Floy. Bookies say 2nd place for Floy.

Jesus Christ will between the sticks for Nest-Sotra. Only tipped for 5th so JC is hoping he can keep the clean sheets to improve on that.

Geraint Alacarde will be bossing the midfield for title favourites Notodden.

Steve Duffy leads the line for Pors Grenland. Tipped for 3rd spot.

Tiko Brohan the tiny winger starts with Vindbjart. Will need to do well as it;s said they will get no higher than 7th.

Group Four

Freddie Whites joins Harstad. Media predication is 4th place.

Herring Herring-Herring-Herring hereby know simply as "Herring" has turned up at Skeid. Tipped for 2nd spot in the league

Juan Coco Luis Pereira will be looking to fire the goals in for Orn Horten. Predicted they won't finish any higher than 5th.

Daniel Park will ply his trade at Tonsberg. Can he fire the goals to match the 3rd place finish that has been suggested.

Edoardo Lorenzo will take command of the midfield for Tromsdalen. Top spot is where they are expected to be come end of the season.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one. And to get promoted you have to play a qualifying game against a winner from the other groups as well.

At least that was the system when I was playing. It may have changed since then.

Just to let you know about the updates. They will be regular but also quite sporadic. I work shifts so it can be hard to find the time to do it. Don't be surpised if there are sometimes 3 or 4 a week and just the one the following week. The game is being run on full detail. I am hoping this will mean the players have a bigger influence on games rather than results being decided on reputation alone. For the first few season I will be doing updates twice a season. If once the clubs get to the higher levels they start challenging I may change it to monthly.

Finally the scoring will be:

- 10 points for winning tier 3

- 20 points for winning tier 2

- 30 points for winning the top flight

- minus 10 points for relegation

- 15 for cup win

- 100 points for any European glory

Group 2 has one team less playing in there. To ensure it's fair all clubs will have their average points per game calculated over the season. I will then multiply this by 2 and add it to the scores.

Good luck all. Hope we can make this a decent sign up :thup:

2012 Mid-season Update

Group One

Mike Nevo has started well at KFUM Oslo. They currently sit top of the pile at the half way stage. Scoring and creating in equal amount Nevo is showing what a team player he is.

Omar Brown has the Strindheim fans in wonderland. He seems to score every time he takes to the pitch. He already has 16 goals to his name in just 13 games.

Dench Frimpong might not be scoring or creating too many for Moss but he is an important player. He is playing as a midfield enforcer. Averaging over 3.5 tackles per game he doesn’t mind getting stuck in, keeping the club in contention at the top of the league.

Arawn Moridin and Lorenskog may be too far behind now to have a chance at promotion. Already 6 points behind the leaders, Moridin may have to step up and start creating a few more goals for the team.

Severus Moody and Steinkjer can only match pre-season prediction of mid table at the moment. Moody has done well enough but he’s going to need better players around him to get the club up the league.

Group Two

Jaime Bowmimo must be delighted with how things are going at Baerum. The team are defying the media’s tip of a 6th place spot as they are currently unbeaten and sit top of the tree. Bowmimo’s 4 tackles per game average and 80% passing success must be playing a large part in their current success.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss aren’t too far behind though and are also unbeaten. An impressive 7.34 average rating so far and 5 assists in 11 league games shows Ganso’s contribution to the cause.

Wolodymyr Zelenko and Lillehammer are in 3rd place. Drawing a few too many games at the moment as they are struggling to find the net. Zelenko is doing his part by keeping the opponents at bay. Only 9 goals conceded so far in what looks to be a solid defence.

Demba Hynd isn’t exactly setting the world alight at Kristiansund. The team are doing well in 4th place but Hynd has only managed one goal and no assists. He is going to need to better to get the club into the higher leagues and fulfil his potential.

John Crane took a while to get going at Valdres. It wasn’t until the 8th game for the club he found the back of the net. He has gone on a decent run now though with 8 goals to his name, including a league record 4 goals in one game.

Jake Stothard must be wondering what’s gone wrong at Follo. They were favourites to win the league at the start of the campaign but find themselves in a relegation battle. Currently 12th and 4 points from safety it could be a long hard run in.

Group Three

Lewis Leddy sits top of the league with Algard thanks to 15 goals in 14 appearances. He forged a prolific partnership with Paul Oyuga but with his partner sidelined for 2 months can he keep the club going on his own?

Luke Corcoran and Floy will be hoping they slip up as they are only 3 points behind at the moment. Corcoran is doing well helping the club to the best defensive record in the league whilst the strikers are scoring for fun.

Steve Duffy has been magnificent for Pors so far, averaging a goal a game, six assists and a 7.99 average rating. Although 6 points off top spot, if he keeps up that kind of form Pors may not be out of contention yet.

Tiko Brohan looks to have too much work to do with Vindbjart. The diminutive winger is doing quite well on a personal level but just doesn’t seem to have the players around him to challenge at the moment.

Geraint Alacarde is struggling with pre-season title favourites Notodden. Currently all the way down in 8th place the club has struggled to get a settled team all season. Alacarde is the only player to have started every game. Has managed a decent return of 6 assists and a 7.18 average rating but will need to do better next season to try and achieve promotion.

Jesus Christ has been doing his part for Nest-Sotra. Seven clean sheets in fifteen games have left the club with same conceded as the top placed club. Unfortunately for JC the strikers aren’t performing so the club sit languishing in 10th place. They are 12 points above the relegation spots though so should be okay.

Group Four

Edoardo Lorenzo is two points clear at the top with Tromsdalen. Lorenzo has been steady more than spectacular as the campaign has shown to be more of a team effort with Tromsdalen.

Daniel Park has been fantastic for Tonsberg. All 10 goals and 6 assists have come from Daniel playing out on the right wing. Only 2 points behind Tromsdalen but 5 clear of the chasing pack it looks to be a two horse race in group four.

Herring has been great in the centre of midfield for Skeid. Five goals, 8 assists, 6 MOM awards and a 7.52 AR tell its own story. May be too late this year but Herring has definitely shown he is capable and will be looking for the club to invest in the summer to match his own ambitions.

Juan Coco Luis Pereira has faced a similar struggle at Orn Horten. On a personal level he is brilliant as he leads the goals table in the league. He has 14 in all competitions but it’s keeping the ball out of the net that is the problem for Horten. 25 goals conceded in the league which is more than the bottom club.

Freddie Whites won’t be happy with the start Harstad have had. They are struggling down in 9th place only 3 points above relegation. Whites has been outstanding considering he has been played out of position at left midfield for the whole season. If the management saw sense and played him in a more familiar role he may be able to drag them clear.

In other news only Whites and Lorenzo have any chance of cup success as we reach the fourth round. Tromsdalen have a good chance of progressing but Harstad have their work cut out with an away trip to Premier league Odd Grenland.

Is anyone else having problems seeing the screenshots? I am using the same format I used in my career thread in FMCU and no one said anything there. I had already taken all the screenshots before I saw you were having problems. Click on the link for Steve Duffys club Pors. I was missing that screenshot and had to go back. I have resized it so hopefully that will make a difference. If not I will mess about with resolutions and see what I can do.

Great start from Park and Tonsberg, too bad that he couldn't hold up during the cup run though. 2nd half of the season in Group 4 should be interesting with the two teams still left in the cup as well as a tight race up top. Nice to see stat increases already as well!

I set Moridin up as an DLP, but so far he hasn't done as well as I hoped for... Needs to improve his passing, creativity and anticipation a little now and then he'll start to really shine I think. He's done well, but should have been doing much better with the stats he's got.

As long as Raufoss gets their W:D rato up, I don't care much about Ganso performing the best of the pack or not. 2 goals, 5 assists and 2 MoMs in 10 league games is pretty solid. Solid passing and tackling, decent shot ratio & dribbling. Is he captaining the side by any chance with that influence and decision?

As long as Raufoss gets their W:D rato up, I don't care much about Ganso performing the best of the pack or not. 2 goals, 5 assists and 2 MoMs in 10 league games is pretty solid. Solid passing and tackling, decent shot ratio & dribbling. Is he captaining the side by any chance with that influence and decision?

Not yet. I imagine he will captain the team in time but the management have kept with the old captain for this year.

Wait, I'm already retired from International play? I'm 17!!!
i think everyone has been retired. probably so it doesnt affect the challenge with the player leaving the club for international duty

Correct. I retired all the players and set injury proneness to 1 for them all too. Want them to get as much playing time for the club as possible, not buggering off to play internationals.

FML This aint fun!

Early days mate.

loving being top with the mighty algard!! but its early yet!! keep up the work Lewis Leddy!

ps love this already! great sign up

Cheers. Hopefully everyone keeps up the interest. It's the first sign up I have run on this forum. From what I have seen though it needs everyone to keep posting to get the banter goingthat makes a decent sign up.

Mini update for you all, but no spoilers. I have run the update to end of season. Four players have managed to get their teams promoted. I am going to try and get the update posted by this morning but no promises. I have work a couple of hours and it takes a while to get all the screenshots uploaded and typed up.

Archived