Question about the neccessity of tutoring

I love the tutoring function, for me personally, I love the fact that if the tutoring is successful, the 'student' has a good, high chance of learning the 'tutor's' preferred moves, as well as noticeable increase in stats and ability

No. Professionalism is the most important, if not only, attribute that dictates how fast he reaches his PA. If your young player already has high professionalism and determination, he should not be tutored anymore. Further tutoring will only make him drop those attributes.

The only exception is when the tutor is a Perfectionist, who should tutor everyone in your youth team.

No. Professionalism is the most important, if not only, attribute that dictates how fast he reaches his PA. If your young player already has high professionalism and determination, he should not be tutored anymore. Further tutoring will only make him drop those attributes.

The only exception is when the tutor is a Perfectionist, who should tutor everyone in your youth team.

Not so much, a Perfectionist has a Temperament attribute of less than 10, which can cause tutoring to fail when youngsters have certain personalities.

Model Citizen is the best Tutor, (spoiler contains hidden attributes)

Model Citizen: Determination > 17 & Ambition > 17 & Loyalty > 17 & Pressure > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Temperament > 17 & Sportsmanship > 17.

Professionalism is the most important in terms of reaching potential (and prolonging a player's career), but a good helping of Ambition appears to speed the process up. High Determination can help a player perform better and attain the higher ratings necessary for successful gametime, which is key to player development.

If a player has an exceptionally good personality, I never tutor them. Most PPMs can be taught individually, and while tutoring does give a short-term boost in the rate of attribute development, a negative change in personality can slow their development for the rest of their career.

No. Professionalism is the most important, if not only, attribute that dictates how fast he reaches his PA.

Ambition is at least as important as Professionalism. In FM11, I had a save where I bought a 30m 18 year-old "Model Professional" centreback and spent 3 seasons playing him in the first 11 of a champions league team. In that time, he improved by about 3 attribute points. When I ended the save, I took a look at his hidden stats to see what the deal was. The problem: despite being a Model Professional, he had Ambition 1.

Archived