Does anyone know a league that makes you field nationals?

The MLS is pretty restrictive on foreign players. Also Played a Belrusian game on 2007 and found you can only select 3 non former USSR players, nice and tricky.

Alternatively you could use the editor to add the rules into a bigger league... ;-)

Pretty much every nation outside the EU will have foreigner-limits, such as Russia, Ukraine and then Brazil in South America from my own experience. Then some countries like Russia make you field X amount of Russians, i think it was around 5 Russians in the first 11.

Pretty much every nation outside the EU will have foreigner-limits, such as Russia, Ukraine and then Brazil in South America from my own experience. Then some countries like Russia make you field X amount of Russians, i think it was around 5 Russians in the first 11.

Russia needs 6 Russians in the first XI and 1 Russian under21 player.

North Korea allows 0 foreigners... in the country, basically. Have fun there.

In most leagues you'll notice a limitation on the number of non-EU players you can either register or use for your match squad but that still allows for very much leeway. The most restrictive rules exist in Russia and Turkey followed by Ukraine as far as I know - both former countries' top leagues require you to use no more than 6 foreign players in their first 11 while Ukraine allows 7 players. I don't know anything about countries outside of Europe so I have no idea about that.

Archived