[FM11] The Glory Years

ToMexico!!

Conquering Colombia first; then the World

After falling out of favour with my last career save, this will be my last one on FM11 that I will report on if it fails.

I have loaded up the following nations;

• Australia [A League Only]
  • Belgium [Third Division]
  • China [second Division]
  • Columbia [second Division]
  • England [blue Square South/North]
  • Holland [Eerste Division]
  • South Africa [second Division]
  • USA [MLS only]

Those nations are spread all around the world, with at least one in each of the continents. I would like to build up my reputation by starting at a smaller footballing nation then moving up to the next level.

I have started as an unemployed manager with Automatic reputation. I holidayed until I was offered a job and it took just one day as Atletico La Sabana of the Columbian Second Division offered me a 6 month deal worth £475 p/w.

thumbnailaspx.jpg

Atletico La Sabana are based in the Columbian city of Sincelejo, the capital of the Sabana region in the North West of the country. Formerly known as Cordoba FC, the club was rebranded as La Sabana when club found itself in financial difficulties and had to be liquidated.

CD Atletico La Sabana are a professional club currently playing in the Columbian Second Division. They play their home games at the Arturo Cumplido Sierra stadium which according to FM has a 25k capacity (although Wiki says it has a capacity of just 5k). They possess fairly basic training and adequate youth facilities. They have a youth academy and a basic youth recruitment network. The club are affectionately known as Los Cordobeses.

3365.jpg

I take over the club with them lying in 13th place, with them being touted to finish down in 18th place. The chairman has backed me with 36k to spend on transfer targets and a 3.7k weekly wage budget.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thumbnailaspx.jpg

2010 - Atletico La Sabana - Columbian Second Division

Transfers - 3 IN for 11k and Zero OUT

We needed a goalkeeper in quick and I addressed the situation by bringing in Christian Valencia for 5k from non-league side Academia Manizales. I also signed Jhon Pelaez from non-league side La Union for 1k and last to come in was Nelso Ibarguen. He also signed from non-league, from Florida Soccer for 5k. All 3 would become integral parts of the first team.

Columbian Second Division - 5th

I took over the club sitting in 13th place, five places above where they were expected to finish the season. The squad I adopted wasn't bad, it had players with decent stats in all the right areas, it was just about finding the right formation to get them winning games. I adopted a basic 442 with short passing and low creativity to build a squad around. We steadily began to rise up the league, performing above expectations to finish the season in 5th place and qualify for the promotion play-offs. Another league and knock out competition with the top 8 teams competing.

I was drawn into a group with Bogota FC, Depor FC and Rionegro, probably the toughest group out of the two. We managed to win 4 of our 6 games, drawing and losing one each of the remaining games. That was not quite good enough as we finished 2nd behind Bogota, as they beat us in their own back yard to give them the upper hand. Bogota went on to lose the final against Pasto.

Promotion Group Tables | Positions Graph

Colombian Cup - 3rd in Group Stage

By the time I had taken over at the club they were already half way through the cup group stage. With our form ever increasing we brush aside the likes of Cartegena, Valledupar and Magdelena to but pressure on the top two. We finished just one point away from qualiying for the quarter finals. Colombian Cup Group A

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - Johnny Ruiz, 21

Most Assists - Luis Tobon, 9

Most MOM - Johnny Ruiz, 8

Ave. Rating - Gabriel Martinez, 7.22

Finances - 160k

A slight increase from when I took over, a decent cup run/final position and prize money from league position helped to ensure a profit was made over the course of the season.

Season | Club                   | Division             | POS | Cup           | Continental      | Other
2010   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 5th | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | -

thumbnailaspx.jpg

2011 - Atletico La Sabana - Columbian Second Division

I signed a new one year contract extension worth £475 p/w taking me until the end of next season.

Transfers - 5 IN for 18k & 4 OUT for 30k

I was handed 11k to spend and a improved 5.75k weekly wage budget. Two players left on free transfers and I sold reserve team player Over Garcia to Pereira for 30k. I raided non-league side Cyclones Quibdo for Antony Guevera and Victor Henao for a combined 15k. I was then offered Emmanuel Anafri by his agent, a quick look was all that was needed, the 24 year old Ghanaian signed for just 3k from Ashanti Gold. In the summer transfer window I signed Edwin Villota and Luis Baquero to add some experience and much need bodies into the team.

Columbian Second Division - 1st (Promoted)

What a season, we were predicted to finish down in 14th place. I had told the board I would achieve a mid tabled position. We started the season ok but had mixed form, in the first 17 games, we had won 9 and lost 8, not a single draw, but we were still within back to back wins of topping the table. We reached a winter break, instead of giving the squad a rest I arranged 3 friendlies against non-league opposition. They acted as morale boosters and allowed the strikers to score a few goals.

They worked extremely well as we began to win games left, right and centre and stolled to the top of the league. However we pushed all the way by the chasing pack of Cortulua, Pacifico, Bogota and Bucuramanga. We lost just two games in the back end of the season consisting of 17 games. We qualified for the promotion play-off with 3 games to spare. We were drawn in a group of Bucuramange, Pacifico and Itagui Ditaires. We won 4 games and drew 2 of the 6 to qualify for the final with ease, we finished 6 points ahead of second place in the group. We played Cortulua in the final, the team that finished 2nd to us in the league. We drew 1-1 in the first leg and managed a 2-1 home win to gain promotion to the first division.

Promotion Group Tables | Final First Leg | Final Second Leg

Again we finished 3rd in our group. First division side Junior were rampant and went on to top the group. Second division rivals Valledupar pipped us to the post to finish in second place just 2 points ahead of us. A big shock was first division side Real Cartegena finished down in 4th.

Colombian Cup Group A

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - Johnny Ruiz, 27

Most Assists - Antony Guevera, 12

Most MOM - Johnny Ruiz, 8

Ave. Rating - Johnny Ruiz, 7.20

Finances - 816k

Increased ticket sales were the main instigator of a rise in the finances along with a 160k from winning the second division. Hopefully this will allow to have a decent budget to improve the squad in a few key areas.

Season | Club                   | Division             | POS | Cup           | Continental      | Other
2010   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 5th | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | -
2011   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 1st | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Promoted

Good start ToMexico, I hope to see more of the same over the next few seasons ;)
Good start, I will be following this thread I enjoyed your FM10 ones. Good luck.

Thanks :thup: This one should last the distance, its been a good start and have a real mixture of leagues to adapt to. I'm not giving myself any challenges or rules to abide by like scouting etc in this save which will make it more fun for me.

Thought i'd update the others league situations. Winners of top divisions and European Competition and a few managers moves.

Domestic

Premiership:

10/11 - Man United

11/12 - Chelsea (Newcastle finished 2nd)

South Africa:

10/11 - Orlando Pirates

11/12 - Swallows

China:

2010 - Beijing

2011 - Shenhua

MLS:

2010 - Seattle

2011 - Columbus

Eredivisie:

2010/11 - Roda JC

2011/12 - Ajax

Serbian SuperLeague:

2010/11 - Red Star

2011/12 - Partizan

A-League:

2010/11 - North Queensland Fury

2011/12 - Brisbane Roar

Continental

Europa League:

2010/11 - Juventus

2011/12 - Ajax

Champions League:

2010/11 - Man Utd

2011/12 - Barcelona

African Champions League:

2010 - ES Setif

2011 - Ismaily

Asian Champions League:

2010 - Okayama FC

2011 - Jeonbuk

NACL:

2010/11 - Santos Laguna

2011/12 - Seattle

Copa Libertadoes:

2010 - Velez

2011 - Boca

Copa Sudamericana:

2010 - Estudiantes (LP)

2011 - Estudiantes (LP)

Manager Moves all from the Premiership

Arsenal - Michael Laudrup

Aston Villa - David Moyes

Blackburn - Alan Shearer

Chelsea - Alex McLeish

Liverpool - Roberto Mancini

Man City - Avram Grant

Tottenham - Gary Neville

West Ham - Martin O'Neil

Wolves - Michael Owen

thumbnailaspx.jpg

2012 - Atletico La Sabana - Columbian First Division

Same as last season, I signed a new one year contract extension worth £475 p/w taking me until the end of next season.

Transfers - 7 IN for 325k & 15 OUT for 135k

Big money spent as we aimed to stay in the top flight of Colombia. I released a number of players that were no where near good enough for the league, I had to then try and find better players to improve the squad, that meant spending a bit of money. I was given a 90k transfer budget and a 10.5k weekly wage budget. I moved a bit of money over and reduced the wage budget, just in case I found that gem of a player. First in was a RB, Wilmar Saldana acted as cover, he cost me 18k. A day later Felipe Cabanillas joined from La Paz in Bolivia for 10k to act as my first choice DM/MC. I then signed Jhon Guerrero from Pumas de Casanare for 22k, he would play LM or just inside at MCL. I then signed another LM, this time on loan from parent club Deportivo Cali, costing me 16k for the season, it was a snip. I then paid just £1, yes £1 for Santiago Saraz to join on loan, that was so his parent club could not recall him, when I provided a fee. I pre-arrange two deals for African player that would join when they turned 18. I splashed 200k on Tijani Ikechukwu from Nigerian side Heartland who joined in July and Moussa Akassou from Ivory Coast side ASEC for 55k, who joined at the end of the season.

Columbian First Division - 2nd Overall

Right, the Colombian first division is made up of two phases. When each phase has ended the top 8 go into a second league competition consisting of two groups of 4 team with the team who finishes top going into a Final. With the winner being crowned Champions of each phase. You may see that in the overall league table if teams finish on equal points it is the greater number of games won that decides who tops the league not goal difference first, GD is second after games won. :confusing: Its that confusing I am just going to link the leagues and other tables, instead of trying to explain my season any further. Coming second overall means we have qualified for Continental competition next season.

First Phase Overall | First Phase Groups

Second Phase Overall | Second Phase Groups

Same old, same old. Bit tighter this time as we finished 3rd in the group on goals scored. Notable performances go to the away win over Real Cartegana and 1-1 draw with Junior.

Colombian Cup Group A

Squad/Stats

A Clean Sweep, Topped our Goal Scoring, Goal Making, MOM and Average Rating Charts - Johnny Ruiz

Other Notable Players - Nelson Ibarguen | Luis Tobon | Tijani Ikechukwu

Finances - 1.9m

Huge profits this season, I asked the club to improve the youth facilities which they did and they have just announced at their own admission that they would improve the training facilities off their own back at a cost of 300k. Attendances jumped around 2500 per home game from last season another jump like so would really give the finances a boost.

2011   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 1st | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Promoted
2012   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 2nd | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Qualified for Copa Sudamericana

Got to love those South American league structures :D

Well done on an impressive debut season in the top flight. Topping the standings for the closing stage was particularly impressive. :thup:

Any idea which of the continental competitions you've qualified for? ;)

Got to love those South American league structures :D

Well done on an impressive debut season in the top flight. Topping the standings for the closing stage was particularly impressive. :thup:

Any idea which of the continental competitions you've qualified for? ;)

Why they can't have a simple league structure I do not know. The phase system baffles me completely towards it relevance. We had a very good debut in the top flight and now its all about the 2nd season in the league. Maybe ensuring the club has a future in this is league is as far as I would like to go with them, however we are competing in the Copa Sudamericana this season. Whatever happens this season I will have a tough decision whether to stay or move onto pastures new.

Moving on...

thumbnailaspx.jpg

2013 - Atletico La Sabana - Columbian First Division

Midway through the season I have decided to move on from La Sabana and Colombia altogether. I leave the club in good stead having won the first phase of the Colombia First Division. Although poor results in the second half of the season saw us down in 9th place, spurring on my thoughts to move on.

Columbian First Division - Winners First Phase

Transfers

Finances - 2.7m

The financial situation is ever improving at La Sabana and I leave them with facilities being improved further.

2012   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 2nd | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Qualified for Copa Sudamericana
2013   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 29 August

Its not what I wanted to do but......back to the homeland we go.

thumbnail.aspx?q=420172467446&id=f5428bb6a93a59eca5266d8e334a5ff8&index=ch1

2013/14 - Carlisle United - League One

I have signed a contract until the end of season worth £925 per week. Hopefully this will just be a stop gap on better things and a move out of England to my preferred destination of Australia or China.

Founded in 1904, Carlisle United are a professional club playing in the nPower League 1. They play their home games at Brunton Park and possess adequate training facilities and an average youth setup. They also possess a youth academy as well as a basic youth recruitment network. They are known as The Cumbrians.

However, the club are sitting in 23rd place, with just 9 points after 13 games. The finances are horrible; £1.3m in debt and the board have restricted us in the transfer market. We have a number of players on high paying contracts, so we need to address that situation. The club still has the likes of Gary Madine, hopefully his goals could fire us up the league if things go well.

2013   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 29 August
2013/14| Carlisle               | nPower League 2      | 

thumbnail.aspx?q=420172467446&id=f5428bb6a93a59eca5266d8e334a5ff8&index=ch1

2013/14 - Carlisle United - League One

Taking over the club it was always my intention just to be here until the end of the season whether I keep Carlisle up or they are relegated. I had no money to spend and had a poor squad. I decided to adopt my favoured 4-4-2 formation, one I also used at La Sabana. I loaned in just one player, Aaron Spear from parent club Newcastle. Costing me nothing he contributed 8 goals in 16 appearances to ensure Carlisle have a future in League One next season.

League One - 16th

We achieved survival, that was my job and we did it convincingly. Many managers commented, saying we were for the drop. I should make them eat their words now. I took over the club in November with just 2 wins and 9 points on the board with 13 games played. To finish with 15 wins and 58 points was pretty amazing, I would have taken 20th place. Madine finished the season with just 12 goals to his name, our only double figure goalscorer. The retiring Kenny Pavey managed 10 assists from the right hand side. Our best player was the defensive minded central midfielder James Berrett.

We were already knocked out the League Cup at the hands of Doncaster when I took over. The FA Cup was slightly better, we reached the 3rd round beating Exeter after and replay and AFC Wimbledon before losing out to Man City. The payday was the silver lining to a 6-0 drubbing. The paint trophy really is pointless, No?

The finances are largely unchanged, still hovering around 1.3m in debt. The new manager will have a huge task to reduced the wages without getting rid of the better players like Madine, Taiwo and Berrett.

Season | Club                   | Division             | POS  | Cup           | Continental      | Other
2010   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 5th  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | -
2011   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 1st  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Promoted
2012   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 2nd  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Qualified for Copa Sudamericana
2013   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st  | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 29 August
2013/14| Carlisle               | nPower League 2      | 16th | 3rd Round     | n/a              | Contract Expired

Upon resigning and looking for a new club I would like to move onto either China or Australia, with the latter preferred, even narrowing it down to one of the newer clubs in the league.

Next stop China...

sport1.jpg

2014 - Jiangsu Sainty - Chinese Super League

Around a month after leaving Carlisle, I find myself jetting to Nanjing, China. I had rejected offers to stay closer to home, clubs such as Chelmsford of the BSS, Kelmis and RC Gent both in the Belgian Third Division. It wasn't until I looked at my profile and saw that I was still only Regionally known as a manager. I persevered and declared my interest at two clubs where the managers jobs were under threat. Super League side Jiangsu were first to reply and offered my a contract. £1.7k per week on a contract length which I could determine; I selected 2 years, they came back and said 3 years, I accepted.

Founded in 2000, Jiangsu are a professional club playing in the top tier of Chinese football. They play their home games at the Nanjing Olympic Sports Centre which has a capacity of 60000 and is an all-seater. They also possess adequate training facilities and a basic youth setup. They benefit from have a youth academy but a basic youth recruitment network. They were promoted to the Super League back in 2008 and have experienced some success by finishing beating finalists in the Chinese FA Cup in 2012.

xin_04070213074280826771.jpg

I take the club over with 12 games already been played this season. They sit in 14th place (out of 16) with 11 points, hovering above the relegation zone on goal difference. Finances are very healthy at just over £4m, thus I have been given a transfer budget of 450k to bring in a few players. We are 9.5k under the wage budget of 32.5k per week which helps massively.

Taking a quick look at the squad, we are limited to 5 foreign players in the squad of which all spaces are taken, strangely enough by 5 different African nations, only 4 can be in the first choice eleven. We have a few good players but lack wingers, something which I will address in the coming transfer window.

From the beaches of Colombia...to the cold north-west of the UK...to the East of China! You've certainly got a few stamps in your passport recently! :D;) Welcome to Asia :D

Haha yeh, bit of an erratic career. I want to stay here for a good few season and try and win the league before moving on. We have some good foundations to build upon here in Nanjing and things could progress quite quickly.

This is obviously going to be an epic journeyman career! :D

Why is it no one on one of these careers ever aspires to manage in MLS? :mad:;)

I have MLS loaded up. I really want to take over at Seattle or Philadelphia at some point. But any club that has finished near the bottom for a few seasons in a row would do.

Winners of top divisions and European Competition andfew managers moves.

Domestic

A-League:

2010/11 - North Queensland Fury

2011/12 - Brisbane Roar

2012/13 - Wellington Pheonix

2013/14 - Brisbane Roar

Belgian ProLeague:

2010/11 - Anderlecht

2011/12 - Anderlecht

2012/13 - Anderlecht

2013/14 - Anderlecht

China:

2010 - Beijing

2011 - Shenhua

2012 - Tianjin

2013 - Beijing

Columbia:

2010 - Tolima

2011 - Santa Fe

2012 - Huila

2013 - Once Caldas

English Premiership:

2010/11 - Man United

2011/12 - Chelsea

2012/13 - Man United

2013/14 - Man City

Eredivisie:

2010/11 - Roda JC

2011/12 - Ajax

2012/13 - Ajax

2013/14 - PSV

Serbian SuperLeague:

2010/11 - Red Star

2011/12 - Partizan

2012/13 - Red Star

2013/14 - Partizan

South African Premier League:

2011 - Orlando Pirates

2012 - Swallows

2013 - SuperSport Utd

2014 - Bloem Celtic

MLS:

2010 - Seattle

2011 - Columbus

2012 - Los Angeles

2013 - Colorado

Continental

Champions League:

2010/11 - Man Utd

2011/12 - Barcelona

2012/13 - Barcelona

2013/14 - AC Milan

Europa League:

2010/11 - Juventus

2011/12 - Ajax

2012/13 - Arsenal

2013/14 - Man City

African Champions League:

2010 - ES Setif

2011 - Ismaily

2012 - Club Africain

2013 - Al-Ahly

Asian Champions League:

2011 - Okayama FC

2012 - Jeonbuk

2013 - Seongnam

2014 - Seongnam

NACL:

2011 - Santos Laguna

2012 - Seattle

2013 - Toluca

2014 - Toluca

Copa Libertadoes:

2011 - Velez

2012 - Boca

2013 - Sao Paulo

2014 - Velez

Copa Sudamericana:

2011 - Estudiantes (LP)

2012 - Estudiantes (LP)

2013 - River

2014 - Estudiantes (LP)

A few Manager moves

Jan Koller -> Aston Villa

Alan Shearer -> Liverpool

Jamie Carragher -> Barnsley

Michael Owen -> Leicester

Tony Pulis -> Melbourne Heart

Harry Kewell -> Newcastle Jets

Good luck at Jiangsu. They aren't a bad club. You're going to have to spend to be successful and win league titles, and at least Jiangsu have some money.

Yes we have the money there to spend but its now down to my scouts to find those home grown players to build a decent first team, with the 5 foreigner rule and real lack of prospects at the moment its going to be tough. I think I'm going to try and sell all of my foreigners and start afresh.

sport1.jpg

2014 - Jiangsu Sainty - Chinese Super League

Transfers - 3 IN for 760k & 1 OUT for 16k

The previous regime brought in 10 players for 600k and released 13 players. I brought in just 3 players and let one go. My first signing was a hot prospect, Wang Jian signed from Shandong, I was surprised they let him leave but they got more than treble of what he was worth out of me, not exactly brilliant but he has years ahead of him and a certainty to start as number one front man next season. Next in was probably my best signing, Wang Ke arrived from Dalian for 230k, expensive for a 30 year old but was well worth the money when he slotted straight into RM. My 3rd and final signing was a new RB, Zhao Zuojun my most astute signing for just 26k from Shenhua.

Chinese Super League - 6th

What a crazy season, I could see what the problem was straight away under the previous regime, they played a flat back 5, a 3 man central midfield and two up top. They were being flooded in midfield and had no width. I changed that, flat back four, four in midfielder, attacking wide men, one man holding, advanced forward, poacher tag team up top. Worked a treat as we climbed up the table to finish in 6th place, it could have been 5th if we hadn't lost to Dongya on the final day of the season. I steered the club on a 12 game unbeaten run at one point before we were humiliated at home by Guangzhou, 4-0.

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - Yan Xiangchuang, 10

Most Assists - Han Yanming, 12

Most MOM - Han Yanming, 6

Ave. Rating - Kigi Makassy, 7.25

Finances - £3.6m

When I took over we had just over 4m in the bank, we lost around 400k over the back end of the season, that was due to my transfer signings. We did recoup most of that throughout the season but then had a 500k squad bonus payout.

Season | Club                   | Division             | POS  | Cup           | Continental      | Other
2010   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 5th  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | -
2011   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 1st  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Promoted
2012   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 2nd  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Qualified for Copa Sudamericana
2013   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st  | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 29 August
2013/14| Carlisle               | nPower League 2      | 16th | 3rd Round     | n/a              | Contract Expired
2014   | Jiangsu Sainty		| Chinese Super League | 6th  | n/a           | n/a              | -

Not a bad start! Heading upwards quickly at that rate.

Thanks, surprised myself I managed to drag the team up that high.

A good start in quite a tough league. The top couple of teams seem to have to by far the best players and the rest have teams all same to have the same quality of players, give or take a few star foreigners.

Indeed there are the likes of Beijing who have million pound players and a number of good foreigners, then there's the likes of Jiangsu who have a few decent Chinese players, supplemented with some decent foreigners and then there's rubbish at the bottom who struggle against relegation every year and have a couple of foreigners who weigh in and keep them from going down. With a few good additions I can see myself in that top 3 or 4 next season based on the past seasons performances.

ToMexico!!, we have the same starting GK. :)

You won't be disappointed with Wang Ke or Zhao Zuojin....

Foreigners make or break your season. I reckon you can find some diamonds in the rough. :)

At least I'm doing something right then bringing a few players that you say are good. I've sold all but 1 of my foreigners and began to replace them in key positions on the pitch.

sport1.jpg

2015 - Jiangsu Sainty - Chinese Super League

Transfers - 8 IN for 1.2m & 9 OUT for 650k

I spent big in the pre-season transfer window, replacing my foreigners with younger, better and cheaper to run models. I set about getting rid of those foreigners first, offering them out to clubs. Makassy was wanted and I got 400k for him which was his minimum fee release clause. Angolan Vado was then shipped off to Uzbekistan to Bunyodkor for 210k, his value at the time. Eric Bokanga was then sold for 50k, half his value, he went to Israel, surprisingly the fans were disappointed to see him leave. JS Achy left on a free to Esteghlal in Iran. That freed up 4 slots for new players to fill. I scouted Africa, sending 4 scouts there and looking myself for players in key areas, DC, MC and ST. I unearthed some real gems but mostly were well over budget or were snapped up by Algerian, Moroccan, Tunisian and Egyptian clubs who could offer hundreds of thousands plus high wages.

Jospeh Ntsama was my first foreigner to arrive, at just 18 he looked very promising and I was surprised to get him for just 100k from Cameroon side Canon. Ibe Johnson was next to arrive, the 21 year old Nigerian striker would play alongside Wang Jian, unfortunately I didn't realise he had already played for 2 sides this season so couldn't play until the end of July. I then spent 400k on another centre half who could play LB, which I needed, Joe Diallo signed from Kotoko. I deployed a scout to Central Asia and he came back with a out of contract Uzbek striker, at just 18 he had great potential so I signed him. My last foreigner in was another African. Cameroon national Joseph Matip joined for 350k, half his value when I made a pre-arranged deal months prior to him turning 18, he will take over current African MC Toure when his contract runs out in December. During the windows I also managed to sign 3 more Chinese players.

Chinese Super League - 2nd

Those vast improvements to the squad and the team getting used to our tactic even more would be the contributing factors to Jiangsu doing so well this season. We flew out of the blocks winning four out of the first five games of the season, narrowly losing to Tianjin our only blip. Shandong were doing even better, we drew 2-2 with them at theirs to ensure we kept just behind them whilst the others fought amongst themselves. We thrashed Hangzhou, before losing to Beijing, 1-0 which wasn't a bad result considering they were scoring goals for fun. That then spurred us on as we created a 12 games unbeaten run, winning 8 and drawing the other 4. That was ended by Shandong as we went down 3-1 at home, that result really broke our season as Beijing went a good few points clear. Beijing themselves then put us to the sword as we lost 4-0 to them, in the middle of a goalkeeper crisis where we had both keepers injured, that was a period where we also got knocked out of the FA Cup too. I quickly signed a keeper, paying over the odds to ensure I got one. We then found our form again quickly winning 5 of the last 6 games of the season, losing to Dalian in the process when we were down to 10 men.

FA Cup - Semi Finals

We breezed through the first round beating second division side Rizhiquan 4-1 at home. We then beat Chongqing 1-0 in a nervy away clash in the 2nd round. We met Guangzhou in the quarter finals, played over 2 legs we drew away from home and won 2-1 at home. We met Liaoning in the semi finals, we won 2-0 at home before that goalkeeping crisis saw us having to play a MC in goal, we lost 3-0 in their backyard.

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - Wang Jian, 15

Most Assists - Wang Hongliang, 12

Most MOM - Joseph Ntsama, 12

Ave. Rating - Joseph Ntsama, 7.81

Unfortunately Nstama's performances have caught the attention of clubs from around Europe and Mexico in particular. His value has risen by over 700k within a year and his minimum fee release clause for foreign clubs is 750k, he is unwilling to sign a new contract at the moment, although I will persevere. The only positives I could take from his possible sale would be we have 750k more to spend and a foreigner slot would be freed up, but I don't want him to go at all.

Finances - £3.9m

An 300k increase on the same time last year, I was originally given just 500k to spent on new players but I adjusted budgets to ensure I had more to spend, so over the seasons we have recouped that deficit and made more on top. We sold more season tickets this season and had a higher average attendance. The board have accepted my request to improve the youth facilities once again, this time at a cost 500k.

2014   | Jiangsu Sainty		| Chinese Super League | 6th  | n/a           | n/a              | -
2015   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 2nd  | Semi Final    | n/a              | Qualified for Champions League

A great 1st full season in charge ToMexico.

Like you say if you can get a 3 or 4 good foreign players in the key positions you stand a good chance of doing well.

The kid looks amazing. His strength should get better naturally as he gets older

A great 1st full season in charge ToMexico.

Like you say if you can get a 3 or 4 good foreign players in the key positions you stand a good chance of doing well.

The kid looks amazing. His strength should get better naturally as he gets older

Thanks, I have definitely got those decent foreign players although 3 of them are defenders the others are one midfielder and a striker. The trouble is they're all wanted by bigger foreign clubs. Thats why I have pre-arranged that deal for that wonder kid.

Coming into a sticky patch with the end of season and player wanting to move on. 123 clubs now interested in star CB, Ntsama. 10 clubs want Jospeh Matip and 17 clubs want Joe Diallo who plays LB. This could generate around 4m in funds but would only consider selling Diallo. Ntsama's contract runs out at the end of next season and his agent hates me, so won't sign a new one. Could cash in or hang-fire and see if he sacks his agent. Same agent has Matip on his books.

Coming into a sticky patch with the end of season and player wanting to move on. 123 clubs now interested in star CB, Ntsama. 10 clubs want Jospeh Matip and 17 clubs want Joe Diallo who plays LB. This could generate around 4m in funds but would only consider selling Diallo. Ntsama's contract runs out at the end of next season and his agent hates me, so won't sign a new one. Could cash in or hang-fire and see if he sacks his agent. Same agent has Matip on his books.

Cash in a month before their contracts expire. Other teams can't sign them on a free anyways.

sport1.jpg

2016 - Jiangsu Sainty - Chinese Super League

Transfers - 10 IN for 625k & 13 OUT for 99k

More players in this season but less money spent. First in was Wei Dewei who I signed as a scout recommendation, he will eventually become first choice GK. He was followed by some free transfers, all featured in the first team this season. I then spent 250k on 19 year old Wang Qiang. He came in to play as back up striker, will improve for 250k from Songjiang. I brought in another promising African, this time a Gabon international for just 250k. Dimitri Maissa is a centre back and will take over from Ntsama when eventually leaves. I signed two more foreigners as potentially players with the view to make a profit on. In the winter window I signed, Li Xiaoting from Shenhua to relieve a bit of pressure on the RB spot. One player of note left, that was Nigerian forward Ibe Johnson who didn't figure much in the first team, he went for 85k.

Chinese Super League - 1st

Fantastic season, like last season we started with a win but managed to lose the next game. We then went on a 20 game unbeaten run, which quickly took us to the top and then kept us well ahead of the chasing pack. We finally lost to Tianjin, this got worse as we lost a second time a game later. We found our feet to beat Nanching a week later. Then we began to wobble as the climax to season was near. A draw, followed by a lose and another draw saw Beijing close the gap slightly. We shook off our nerves and beat Chanba and Shenua to ease to the league title, eventually finish 10 points clear.

FA Cup - Winners

We thrashed Shenzen 6-0 before beating Tianjin easily 3-0 in the 2nd round. We beat Dongya 3-1 over 2 legs in the quarter finals. We drew 1-1 at home to Shandong in the Semi Final first leg before thrashing them 6-1 away from home to get to the final. We met Liaoning at the Yantai Sports Park Stadium and we stole the show winning 5-1, with five different scorers.

Final

Asian Champions League - Semi Finals

In our first ever Champions League campaign we achieved much more than I could ever imagine. We drew Thai Port, Higashiosaka Rosa and Pohang in the group stages. We went unbeaten through the group, winning 4 and drawing the other 2. We met fellow Chinese SuperLeague rivals Beijing in the 2nd round. A tie over just one leg, so this was make or break. We went on to win in extra time, Wang Qiang the scorer. We were then paired against Saudi giants Al-Hilal in the quarter finals. A spirited 1-1 draw away from home set up the chance to qualify with the away goal. We didn't need it, we crushed them 5-0 at home, Wang Jiang the hero scoring a hat-trick. We were then paired with another Saudi giant, Al-Ahli in the semi finals. We managed a 1-0 home win which gave us some hope to progress. However away from home in Jeddah we stuggled at lost 3-0, Ntsama scoring a own goal to cap things off.

Chinese SuperLeague All Star Game - Winners

We won our first ever All Star game, was pretty easy even with just over a month off. Yu Dabao opened the scoring, taking us to HT with a 1-0 lead. Matip scored a screamer just after a All-Star player was sent off. Ntsama finished off the game in injury time to make it 3-0.

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - Wang Jian, 17

Most Assists - Joseph Matip, 13

Most MOM - Joseph Ntsama, 12

Ave. Rating - Joseph Ntsama, 7.78

Finances - £6.5m

Huge income this season thanks to the Champions League, we nearly double our average attendance in the competition thus bringing in around 400k per home game. Prize money equalled around 400k too.

Board decide to upgrade training facilities for the third time

2015   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 2nd  | Semi Final    | n/a              | Qualified for Champions League
2016   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 1st  | Winners       | Semi Finals      | Domestic Double + All Star Winners

Great work winning the league ToMexico!! And winning 3 trophies. :)

Are you trying to find a replacement for Ntsama and your other foreigners though since they don't want to resign with you?

Well i've just given Maissa a new contract keeping him here til 2019. He's my next best CB behind Ntsama. I've offered Ntsama out for below value at 2m and no clubs have come in for him even when he has that 750k foreign club clause. Diallo I may let go soon, he's good but I'm sure I can find better to play LB. Matip doesn't want to resign either, but he has no clause and is contracted til Dec 2018. Must remember too that I have already done a deal to bring another African to the for Aug 2018. Could be a direct replacement for Matip. I think if anything happens in this window it'll be a 1 in 1 out approach.

Great progress here ToMexico!! Best of luck in the ACL next season :)
Great progress here ToMexico!! Best of luck in the ACL next season :)

Thanks. Getting to the Semi-Finals last season was a great achievement and I think I can go that step further this season.

Winners of top divisions and European Competition and a few managers moves.

Domestic

A-League:

2010 - North Queensland Fury

2011 - Brisbane Roar

2012 - Wellington Pheonix

2013 - Brisbane Roar

2014 - Central Coast Mariners

2015 - Central Coast Mariners

2016 - Brisbane Roar

Belgian ProLeague:

2010/11 - Anderlecht

2011/12 - Anderlecht