What the..?

Personally, i've never had this happen to any of my players in any FM before, thought i'd bring it up here to see if any of you have encountered this in your games.

First thing you guys need to understand is that in my current game atm, i run miniscout in the background because i'm trying to replace my entire reserve squad and U18 squad with proper talent. Anyway, i have this player, he's a regen and in the game, his name is Raul Heurtas, bought him from Madrid for 7.5mil and he had a rating of 2.5 stars. Since miniscout is running in the background, i saw that his current/potential ability was 152/174. However, at the moment, he was nursing an injury, it was a broken jaw which had kept him out for 4 weeks and i saw that it would take another 1 to 4 days. I closed the player info screen, clicked next to proceed to my match screen which was a day away. Just before i clicked on 'match preview', i see that i have a new message in my inbox and its my physio telling me that Raul Heurtas has recovered from injury but because the injury was severe, that is a chance that he might never play to his potential again. Worried that he might be the new Francis Jeffers, i alt-tabbed back to miniscout to check him out properly and guess what i see, his current/potential ability is now 152/194! I go back to the game, i click on his reports tab and he is now 3.5 stars with my assistant manager saying that he has the potential to be a leading star for most Premier League sides.

Now Madrid have just sold me a striker with 194 potential ability for 7.5mil, there i was, real happy and smug. I click match preview, go on to the formations, click start, the match starts, as the freaking TV View screen is about to come up, my game decides to unload its anus on me, it crashes due to a memory dump and i didn't save it! I reload my game and its been 6 tries now but no matter what i do, my physio doesn't warn me about him potentially becoming a crock, he just recovers and his potential ability doesn't change. Have any of you had this happen to you before and is it a random occurance which i will never be able to reproduce no matter how many times i reload and try for it to happen?

You mean to say that this serious injury that will possibly have an effect on his further playing actually made his PA rise?

That is strange to begin with and no I have never seen my physio's say anything of that sort.

yea thats exactly it, i personally have never seen it in any FM game before let alone FM10, i'm in the 2013/2014 season, have had plenty of injuries to plenty of different players but i've never had my physios come and tell me that a player's potential ability is potentially shot to **** and for the opposite to happen.

OK, after quitting and reloading for 9 times, it has happened again and here is some proof to show you lads, who said all injuries are bad eh heh.

potential.png

wow.png

On the 2nd pic, you can clearly see his old current/potential ability scores compared to the newest one after his injury. I don't know if this is a bug or some random bonus occurance or if it will even last, maybe it will be detrimental to him in the long run, who knows. Anyway, have any of you had this happen in your games?

Archived