Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

OK, this is a day early as - ahem - some stores have sent the game out early, and some people want to post their views.

If you want to comment on the demo, please use this thread

If you want to talk about when your game is arriving, please use this thread

If you have Steam problems, please use this thread

If you want general info, including technical support info, etc, please use this thread.

Other than that, please post your views on FM2010 here.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine turned up yesterday. I am now a shopto convert.

First impressions, loving the game.

Like the game speed star rating.

Running quite a few leagues and the game is flying so far.

Only real problem so far is fullbacks set on zonal marking insist on playing like centre backs and marking strikers rather than wide players.

Ok, got the game yesterday and installed late yesterday evening.

Haven't touched the continue button yet!

So much to do (setting up news subscriptions, setting up screen flow, team analysis, tactics, training, etc etc). I'm having great fun!

I love it: looks good and game world immersion seems far better than FM09.

1 question:

when will the manual be online?

Ok, got the game yesterday and installed late yesterday evening.

Haven't touched the continue button yet!

So much to do (setting up news subscriptions, setting up screen flow, team analysis, tactics, training, etc etc). I'm having great fun!

I love it: looks good and game world immersion seems far better than FM09.

1 question:

when will the manual be online?

Good question.

Friday I guess??

The official release date has not come yet, together with the first patch.

It's absurd to open such a thread, which is a kind of support to retailers who breached the agreement and sold the game earlier to grab extra money.

Apart from the fact that due to the postal strike they had to send them early (well that's their excuse for this year) ;)

It's absurd to open such a thread, which is a kind of support to retailers who breached the agreement and sold the game earlier to grab extra money.

Spot on and I completely agree. And to think it was a moderator who opened the thread. The hypocricy is palpable. The message this year is clear - Neither SI or Sega give a toss about compliance with the release date. Ask about when the patch will be released and they start throwing their toys out of a pram. Then this thread is opened. Two fingers to those who comply with the release date. Two fingers to those who have not got the game yet (because of said release date). Doesn't look there will be much to the patch either if this thread can be opened before its release.

i think its a really good game at the minute and only seen 1 bug the players not makin tackles but as said really good game

Is this noticable even when pressing is turned up and hard tackling is on?

There should at least be some difference? I'm talking about watching the match engine rather than relying on how the tackles are reported in the stats which SI have acknowledged may be flawed.

Apart from the fact that due to the postal strike they had to send them early (well that's their excuse for this year) ;)

I think there are those of us who don't buy the spin that the early release was because of the postal strike. It was a money grab, pure and simple, however they dress it up - and SI and SEGA know it. Its happened before. SI and SEGA have always pretended they don't like it but they don't give a toss - the early release is all about cash and that's the driving factor.

Whilst is still obviously a bit early, I must say I am most impressed. The speed of the game is great, tried to test things out by running lots of leagues and it processes faster than last years by some way. The new editor functions are superb, and finally being able to manage in Cyprus is the major plus point for me. Well done to all involved!!!

Anyone used the editor yet? Any feedback on that at all? Particularly with regards to adding new leagues, etc.

I had a very quick play with it yesterday.

Seems a lot different to the previous one.

It took me ages to actually find it.

I also see that the actual database doesn't change but your alterations are added in seperatly.

What was the thinking behind this??

Not a criticism just thought it strange.

I had a very quick play with it yesterday.

Seems a lot different to the previous one.

It took me ages to actually find it.

I also see that the actual database doesn't change but your alterations are added in seperatly.

I think this is quite sensible. Let's say you've edited your own database but then, further down the line, found out somebody has released a league you really want to play. This way you can keep both your editing AND play the downloaded league. I don't have the game yet, but that's the way I'm logically assuming the xml files will work. Can anybody confirm/deny this?

I think there are those of us who don't buy the spin that the early release was because of the postal strike. It was a money grab, pure and simple, however they dress it up - and SI and SEGA know it. Its happened before. SI and SEGA have always pretended they don't like it but they don't give a toss - the early release is all about cash and that's the driving factor.

1. How are SI/SEGA getting more cash by an early release by 1 online shop and a few retail shops?

I would imagine it would cost them money; early release of a few copies means a quicker pirate version and several impatient ones downloading the pirate version in stead of the official one.

2. What would your suggestion as SI/SEGA be to react to an early release of 0.001% of your total sales volume?

I walked into town yesterday and was able to get hold of a copy in a retail shop; big deal. If I hadn't bought it yesterday I would have bought it in the same shop today, friday or saturday... No offence, but have some perspective on this; it's only a game.

1. How are SI/SEGA getting more cash by an early release by 1 online shop and a few retail shops?

I would imagine it would cost them money; early release of a few copies means a quicker pirate version and several impatient ones downloading the pirate version in stead of the official one. So I imagine they do give a toss.

2. What would your suggestion as SI/SEGA be to react to an early release of 0.001% of your total sales volume?

I walked into town yesterday and was able to get hold of a copy in a retail shop; big deal. If I hadn't bought it yesterday I would have bought it in the same shop today, friday or saturday... No offence, but have some perspective on this; it's only a game.

It was said that we could create a league and cup for a country then later on activate that country and play in it.

well I'm very happy to say that I try it and it works. I simulate the all season. I did the cup as well and even did an award. every thing worked fine.

the issue with this is that

- I have to find most of the club of my country and then add them. some club name weren't accurate (that's understandable).

- I have to create some cities and stadiums (I think FM data base should create them just like it creates staff). also some manager (but FM create the rest of them itself).

Overall it's a fantastic thing that SI done here.

linafoot.png

I would imagine it would cost them money; early release of a few copies means a quicker pirate version and several impatient ones downloading the pirate version in stead of the official one.

Its SI and SEGA's release date which prevents most retailers from selling the game. There's plenty of evidence on these forums of people who cancelled orders to run with ShopTo. Maybe in your own pretty world of elves and all things bright and beautiful, this is because they wanted to ensure all their customers got the game before the postal strike. There may have been plenty more who read the threads and did not post. Why should they condone/allow one retailer to sell and another not to? SI and SEGA knew what was going on. Then they open an official feedback thread before the release date? Do you not see something wrong with this? Back to your elves and all things bright and beautiful.

It was said that we could create a league and cup for a country then later on activate that country and play in it.

well I'm very happy to say that I try it and it works. I simulate the all season. I did the cup as well and even did an award. every thing worked fine.

the issue with this is that

- I have to find most of the club of my country and then add them. some club name weren't accurate (that's understandable).

- I have to create some cities and stadiums (I think FM data base should create them just like it creates staff). also some manager (but FM create the rest of them itself).

Overall it's a fantastic thing that SI done here.

I merged this with the feedback thread by the way. :thup:

Its SI and SEGA's release date which prevents most retailers from selling the game. There's plenty of evidence on these forums of people who cancelled orders to run with ShopTo. Maybe in your own pretty world of elves and all things bright and beautiful, this is because they wanted to ensure all their customers got the game before the postal strike. There may have been plenty more who read the threads and did not post. Why should they condone/allow one retailer to sell and another not to? SI and SEGA knew what was going on. Then they open an official feedback thread before the release date? Do you not see something wrong with this? Back to your elves and all things bright and beautiful.

Sorry, have to correct you there. I'm not an employee of either SI or Sega, and it was me who opened this thread. Normally, I'd have waited til tomorrow, but some poeple have managed to get the game early, and were posting their views on the game, so I felt I had to create this thread early.

Spot on and I completely agree. And to think it was a moderator who opened the thread. The hypocricy is palpable. The message this year is clear - Neither SI or Sega give a toss about compliance with the release date. Ask about when the patch will be released and they start throwing their toys out of a pram. Then this thread is opened. Two fingers to those who comply with the release date. Two fingers to those who have not got the game yet (because of said release date). Doesn't look there will be much to the patch either if this thread can be opened before its release.

My favorite part is that the people who pre-ordered with Steam can't play it even though other folks ALREADY have the game IN HAND! The least SI could do for those of us that pre-ordered is tell Steam to PRESS THE BUTTON (or whatever it is they have to do).

My favorite part is that the people who pre-ordered with Steam can't play it even though other folks ALREADY have the game IN HAND! The least SI could do for those of us that pre-ordered is tell Steam to PRESS THE BUTTON (or whatever it is they have to do).

This has nothing to do with feedback, does it?

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4106010&postcount=1436

Its SI and SEGA's release date which prevents most retailers from selling the game. There's plenty of evidence on these forums of people who cancelled orders to run with ShopTo.

So no release date then for FM11? :rolleyes:

I imagine SEGA will take this up with shop.to and tell them to avoid this next year round.

Shop.to took the decision to ship early.

Zavvi didn't.

Are SI/SEGA at fault because shop.to shipped early?

Are SI/SEGA at fault because zavvi didn't because their stock didn't arrive?

Maybe in your own pretty world of elves and all things bright and beautiful, this is because they wanted to ensure all their customers got the game before the postal strike.

There may have been plenty more who read the threads and did not post. Why should they condone/allow one retailer to sell and another not to? SI and SEGA knew what was going on. Then they open an official feedback thread before the release date? Do you not see something wrong with this? Back to your elves and all things bright and beautiful.

Again; tell me what you would do as SI/SEGA when one online shop is shipping 2 days before release?

And btw: I'm not saying that they shipped early because of the strike.

I was just explaining to you that SI/SEGA have no advantage when shop.to are shipping early. Whatever the reason might be for the early shipping.

Oh, and you're most welcome to come and visit my world of elves; we're all playing FM10...

Can't understand how people can get so worked up about a game being released early. Big $^$^ deal!!! More important things to worry about in life.

We have two options.

1: Close every thread that mentions the official game prior to the official release, which is frankly pointless and tedious for mods and members.

2: Open an official feedback thread a little bit early so we have some control over things

I think this is quite sensible. Let's say you've edited your own database but then, further down the line, found out somebody has released a league you really want to play. This way you can keep both your editing AND play the downloaded league. I don't have the game yet, but that's the way I'm logically assuming the xml files will work. Can anybody confirm/deny this?

WHS aswell as.. I created a game last night and already half way through a season, its a career game, but say if somebody release's the lower leagues past BSN/S can i add them into my game without starting again?

Tie Fighter, i think you are a skeptical and cynical person and i have a funny feeling your just jealous of all the people that are playing the game early and you have to wait till tomorrow. Also do you really think it is necessary to name call and tell someone they are away with the fairies just to support your deluded opinion of the world? I dont see many people on here agreeing with you?

By the way also, Once the game has gone Gold and has been shipped to retailers SI/Sega have absolutely no control over when the game is given to people. Yes it was released a little bit early but for christs sake it's a day early. Not like people are getting thier hands on FM 2011 is it??? Calm down and stop abusing people!

WHS aswell as.. I created a game last night and already half way through a season, its a career game, but say if somebody release's the lower leagues past BSN/S can i add them into my game without starting again?

That's not exactly what I meant because usually once you have started a game, no data changes through the editor will be able to affect it.

What I was asking is if you can combine database editing and league creating by different people (assuming no common data has been meddled with). For example, if I download a custom database from a fansite which adds the latest transfers/manager movements etc but I have created (or downloaded), say, the Maltese league myself (or from another fansite) - will I have the custom database AND the Maltese league or is it only one or the other?

Hey guys im new here but have been a CM ad now FM fan for over ten years.

Dont shoot me down or slag me off as this is only my opinion, but i feel like FM is losing its funs aspect a bit, dont get me wrong i love all the detail etc but i just always find myself re-installing 07 or 08 after every new release as i find these easier to manouver. The skins are slick and the screen is easy to use.

This is not an anti-2010 rant as i am really impressed with it so far, but i just feel the days of buying a player for a realistic price, and using basic tactics are over.

I myself stick to the old match commentary rather than the 3d view as well

perhaps im just an old vet moaning haha

but i am impresed with fm2010 so far, just hope it keeps my interest for a bit longer then the last one.

So that no matter what you do, you can go to the origianl database and still play your game. It's a safety feature, as some people don't back up their data before editing, and low and behold, they cocked something up and had to re-install FM.

Managin a lub and a nation at the same time is not possible anymore or it's just my game whose buggin?

I have been offer a nation job. I accepted it but nothing happen day day later they offer me the job again same thing.

is it because what i did which would be strange cuz I did it before in other FM.

I added a new manager to manage D R Congo national team then resign and I apply. ???!!

Darth Vader has spoken!

Archived