23' Bilbao score

37' Sevilla equalise

[boring play]

87' Mallorca score - "That goal must surely seal it"

90' Sevilla Equalise - "A dramatic equaliser"

93' Sevilla score from 30yards - "That goal must surely seal it"

3 goals in 6 minutes XD

Unlucky... Well;

I did two sub's after approx 60 mins. due to tactics. I was leading 2-0 and wanted some more defensive strength in the team.

Then 3 of may players get injured and of course the second of them had to be my keeper. Only 3 subs allowed so I ended up with 9 players on the field and a midtfielder in the keeper positon.

I lost 2-3, and the opposition scored their 3'rd goal in the 97'th minute. (a lot of additional time due to all the injuries i presume).

One of the players that got injured was away for 9 months or so, he was my prime freekick/penalty taker.

I missed the UEFA cup position with 1 point that season.

Extra-time of the Conference Play-off Final, had made all my substitutions, and my last sub received a second yellow and got sent off. Moved to a more defensive formation, and it looked to be going to penalties. 4 minutes in added time of the second half of extra-time, the opposition scores the winner.

not really unlucky, i guess i should have made changes myself but i won 3-2 at anfield against barca in the CL quarter finals, in the second leg i scored two goals in 20 minutes meaning they had to score 3 goals to push it into extra time. 25 mins before half time they made 2 substitutions and changed their formation and by half time i was down 4-2, eventually losing 5-2 and getting knocked out.

It was a champions' league semi final, Reading (me) v Valencia. Lost 3-1 at the Mestalla, and was leading (no joke) 5-0 at the Madejski on the 89' mark. They got one back, and then another despite my tactic changing.

And then, in the fifth minute of three added minutes, they got a free kick 20 yards out. He hit it, it cannonned off the wall, and agonisingly dropped into the corner. There isnt anything quit like the oppositions goals coming at 90, 90 and 90!

That reminds me of that world cup where the top three teams in Scotland's group finished on the same number of points, and it came down to whoever could thrash Zaire by the most, Scotland won 2-0 and then Yugoslavia won 9-0. Of all the stupid ways we've gone out of international competitions, that has got to be the most ridiculous.

I also have an unclucky moment for the AI. I was playing as QPR and drew Luton in the Carling Cup. I went 2-0 down thanks to two Sol Davis free kicks. I scored two goals between the 85th and 90th minutes to draw level (I cant remember the scorers) and in the 94th minute (the last minute of stoppage time) Matthew Connolly(CB) scored a 35 yard screamer:D

I went 2-0 up against Barca in the Euro Super Cup Final of 2019 with FC United. They scored 2 goals in the last 5 mins to take the tie into extra time. Then Bernard Brennan, of all people, hits the post with a penalty, they break away and score an offside winner in the last minute of extra time.

Gutted as it ended my 76 match unbeaten run and it was only the 2nd trophy i hadn't won in 3 years :(

PS. Bernard Brennan is my legendary striker at FC United and is on course to score 1,000 goals in his career (YES, THAT'S ONE THOUSAND GOALS!)

I'm sure I have a curse when it comes to European draws. I was in charge of Celtic for two seasons and got quite a bit of money from the board and was able to sign some good youngsters like Moussa Sissoko and Takayuki Morimoto (and, bizarrely, an out-of-contract Carlos Tevez who played for a season then got me £30mil from Real Madrid)

But before I had those players in, I had to beat Sevilla to get to the group stages, after which I was drawn against: Arsenal, Inter, and Wolfsburg. Amazingly, we qualified due to fortress Parkhead, then got knocked out against Real Madrid (after beating Chelsea largely thanks to John Terry getting sent off.)

Next season, who do I get in the group stage? Arsenal, AGAIN, Juventus, and Brega. Had Inter, Milan, Madrid again, and Chelsea in the final. Won due to a pretty anti-climactic match, scored from a free-kick on 2 minutes, held on for dear life, Essient sent off in the 60th minute.

So terrible luck in the draws but much good fortune in the games.

yeah I've ready about Bernard Brennan, didn't think he was capable of missing though. I don't know how you do it, I can't win as many trophies with a world class Barcelona side.

:D He does miss the occasional chance you know :D I'm not giving many clues as to how my latest season is going, all i can say is that if you thought Brennan was on fire before, then that's nothing compared to the rate he's going at atm :eek: At this rate, 1000 goals in his career is most definately on!

The reason that i do so well is because i've got Brennan up front (:D) and 4/5 formations that i can adapt between in-match as my squad is extremely versatile, which bambozle the opposition no matter who i may be playing!

I once got carlisle united to the champions league. i got stuck in a group with 3 really good teams, including the champions league holders, the uefa cup holders and another team.

I drew all 6 games 0-0

I finished 4th in the group and was subsequently out of europe. Althought i always felt hard done to that i was out of europe without loosing a game. and to top it all off, after a poor start to the league season, i got sacked after i went out of the champions league.

Harsh ... and unlucky i thought

In my current game, i went from being a sunday league footballer to being manager of Man Utd very quickly through good luck though.

As Altrincham Town, I was doing alright (amazingly, given the state of the club) and then Mark Hughes was sacked.

This caused a massive chain-reaction - Mourinho took over at City, Fiorentina's manager took over at Inter, Fiorentina got Walter Smith, Rangers got Alex McLeish back, Birmingham got Preston's manager, Preston got Port Vale's manager, Port Vale got Walsall's manager and Walsall got Leyton Orient's manager.

And thus, I got the Leyton Orient job.

After only half a season, I fell out with the board and got a shock move to Serie B Rimini, who wanted me to do a Redknapp and keep them from getting relegated and get them out of a rut. I got them to finish mid-table, then got the job at Celtic. Then, after winning the European Cup, I was lined up as Alex Ferguson's successor.

Was at Altrincham Town a year, then next season, first half with Leyton, second half with Rimini. I think I was more favoured for the Celtic job due to being scottish, and they sacked Strachan because he just completely surrendered the title. Got a 20m budget and 100% player sales, which was a godsend. Was at Celtic 2 years, where I got to the quarter-final of the european cup then won it the next year, which was enough to make me 'world class', and got it just in time to step in when Ferguson retired. And I had 'Man Utd' set as my favourite club, which I suppose counts for something.

The biggest break was Rimini I suppose, in the media it was saying that they've 'stunned their fans' by employing a 'totally unknown scottish manager'

yeah, I reckon I could definitly do with borrowing Bernard. Paddy, they should be building a statue of you for getting Carlisle in to the champions league, certainly not sacking you.

:D

I reckon everyone who knows of him would want him tbh, even NepentheZ. I'm certain that if Smylie and Brennan were both at Knockbreda, then Bernard would score more goals than Smylie :D

But you can't have him :p

Liverpool making a bid of £1.2m + friendly for this guy and my chairman accepting it cos it was "too good to refuse".... he was valued at £1.2m at the time, and, almost 12 months later, i havent had the friendly yet either... he was a complete goal machine....

or then theres the time i got sacked after winning 17 consecutive league titles...

Was Lincoln on FM09. In the first season I was top at Christmas but stuttered and was looking just to get a play-off place. At Easter I had two home games against struggling Accrington and Aldershot.

Against Accrington I had the greater amount of the game and was 3-0 up with 12 minutes to go. They made it 3-1 and it stayed like that until the 91st minute, where they bagged 2 goals in 3 minutes to leave me fuming. The next game was more tight but I looked good for the win, until some terrible defending allowed Aldershot to level in the 92nd minute.

In the remaining 4 or so games I only managed about one win. I missed out on the play-offs by 3 points, and obviosuly, if I would have held on to those two games I would have been in the play-offs.

Oh well....

For me it was the last day of the BSS season with Newport, we only needed a better result than our title rivals, Lewes and we'd win the title. At 88 minutes, we had comfortably won 3-0 and Lewes were 2-1 down so surely we were champions!

At the end of the game I went to look at the latest scores to confirm that we were champions, but somehow they'd scored 2 in injury time!!! Both of Lewes' goals were complete flukes as well. I then went on to lose in the playoff semis, f****** disaster :(

My unluckiest moment was in the Champion's League semi-final. It was FM07, I believe.

First leg at Emirates, I had lost 2-1 to Villareal. In the second leg, I was up 2-1. Aggregate score 3-3 and tied with 2 away goals each. Just a few minutes left and, Kolo Toure, pressured by a striker passed back to Jens Lehmann, who stood there idly as the ball rolled past him and into the net. Aggregate score, 4-3 Villareal. I changed my tactics, trying to score another goal, which would have given me the advantage on away goals, but Villareal scored again and won 5-3 aggregate.

I immediately sold Toure and Lehmann.

:D He does miss the occasional chance you know :D I'm not giving many clues as to how my latest season is going, all i can say is that if you thought Brennan was on fire before, then that's nothing compared to the rate he's going at atm :eek: At this rate, 1000 goals in his career is most definately on!

The reason that i do so well is because i've got Brennan up front (:D) and 4/5 formations that i can adapt between in-match as my squad is extremely versatile, which bambozle the opposition no matter who i may be playing!

Is Bernard Brennan a regen or where does he start? Do you usually get the same regens coming up in a game i.e. if he is a regen is it likely he would appear in my game or someone elses game?

Jesus christ, I'm over the moon with a 30 goal a season striker on any of my games.

Brennan is just insane tbh and Smylie is just out of this world :eek: When NepentheZ gets his laptop back in around 5 working days time, the 3000 goal mark beckons for Smylie, he could get as many as 3,500 tbh. Crazy isn't it! =D

I've never had a goal-machine. Ever. What do you set as instructions for them during the game?

Only Brennan is mine btw, Smylie belongs to NepentheZ!

I have specific instructions which are suited perfectly to his game, with different instructions in every one of my 5 formations which he plays in. I've tried the instructions with many other players on FM09 and it doesn't work anywhere near as well with them as it does with Brennan.

Is Bernard Brennan a regen or where does he start? Do you usually get the same regens coming up in a game i.e. if he is a regen is it likely he would appear in my game or someone elses game?

Bernard Brennan is a regen. He will appear in a lot of games and he is a faceinthegame regen :thup: He'll most likely appear in Ireland at Cobh Ramblers, but i've seen him appear at numerous other clubs in different saves of mine and other people's as well :)

This is turning into a Brennan/Smylie appreciation thread! :D

my unluckiest moment was probably last night.

End of the 6th season of my network game, and ive managed to get Hibs into 1st place with 8 games left, my mate as Dundee Utd (who got took over by a millionaire) and Celtic are just a point behind me but the teams playing well and scoring 3-4 goals a game.

My main RB drops in form, so i drop him and play his backup... who gets ligament damage in training, then my main RB gets injured on Int. duty... my kid fullback snaps his leg (out 6 months)... another kid that can play down the right is away on Int duty and breaks his arm and my last ditch effort DC who can just about play RB at a push gets injured for a month as well.

So not only is my RB position completely void, but my star defender and captain is out now as well.

Finish the last 8 games with a back line with 3 under 18's in it and the keepers 16.

So i manage 2 wins and 1 draw in the last 8 games, dropping me to 3rd with Rangers just 3 points behind me.

5 injuries all at the same time, for the same position (and i had them on light-moderate training for the last 2 months of the season)

Gonna win it this season though. he he.

Archived