from non-league to prem. can it be done in 08.

Yup, it can be done. I've just won the Champions League with Newport County in 2019/2020 season. Oh and next year we move into a stadium named after me!

The key is to plug away even when you spend 3-4 years struggling to stay up and keep trying to improve your squad. Usually (on previous versions) i hit the wall in the Championship but this time i stayed around 3 years in League One and then a similar time in the Championship as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vontasben:

Yup, it can be done. I've just won the Champions League with Newport County in 2019/2020 season. Oh and next year we move into a stadium named after me!

The key is to plug away even when you spend 3-4 years struggling to stay up and keep trying to improve your squad. Usually (on previous versions) i hit the wall in the Championship but this time i stayed around 3 years in League One and then a similar time in the Championship as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just got staines into the premiership(took 10 seasons), hit my wall in league 2, found it hard to stop he board selling my players tho icon_frown.gif the key to success is gettign a good parent club icon_smile.gif

It's possible if you can get a club to actually offer you a Managerial position.

I just started a new save with Sunday league experience, England down to the Blue Square North/South, Scotland to Division 3 and Ireland to First Division, and the Blue Square teams are even saying I'm too inexperienced for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supersub10:

Does anyone know if the club reputation rating increases with success or does it stay static throughout the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it increases with success.

It also increases by much media attention, winning against bigger teams, playing European football etc.

I have just got Worcester to win the Prem in the 2015/2016 season. I got promoted every season until I reached the Championship, and went up the season after.

The biggest problem that I had was the constant upgrading of the stadium which has now been knocked down and a new arena built, which has left the club with loans of £500k per month.

Got Basingstoke to the premiership so I did, took longer than the other guys here though, took about ten seasons and now we're a bit of a mid table obscurity team.

The best thing about it was a player I signed when I got promoted from the Blue Square premiership, he was 19 at the time and went straight into my first team, he then finished at the top or near the top of the scoring charts when playing in league 2, league 1 and the championship. I thought the premiership was surely a step too far for him but gave him a chance and he duly obliged by scoring over 20 league goals a season till he reached 30 and my ageism kicked in.

Harry Forrester was his name.

I make no apologies for this overly self indulgent post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dageeza:

I have just got Worcester to win the Prem in the 2015/2016 season. I got promoted every season until I reached the Championship, and went up the season after.

The biggest problem that I had was the constant upgrading of the stadium which has now been knocked down and a new arena built, which has left the club with loans of £500k per month. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry but you must be lying or cheating in some way.

It most definitely can be done but back-to-back promotions are as far as i'm concerned a thing of the past. I'm currently in the 2016/2017 season with Gateshead and I'm just entering my second season in The Championship (i finished 11th in the Championship last season). I ended up spending 2 seasons in the BSN, 3 seasons in the BSP, 1 season in League 2 and 2 seasons in League 1 before making The Championship. I most definitely will be able to get them to the Premier League but it'll be a fair few seasons before I win that league I can tell you.

Which is why I find it so hard to believe when someone claims they've done it in back to back seasons on '08 without cheating in some way. If it is true then please tell me what tactics you used as you msy be the only person I've seen who's managed this on '08.

That's a lot more realistic.

I genuinely don't believe that a non-league team can be taken to Premiership glory as quickly as Dageeza has claimed he's done it. I'm quite happy to be proved wrong. But if it is true then this guy's obviously sussed the game and should share some of his knowledge with those people on the boards who are struggling.

Back to back promotions are very possible.

Ive taken Oxford United from the BSP to the Premiership.

BSP - 1st

L2 - 1st

L1 - 1st

Champ - 18th

Champ - 1st

Prem - 16th

Now just taken the Arsenal job along with Brazil.

And no i havnt cheated once. Simple answer, good tactics and getting Danny Haynes, 1st on loan the bought him. So far he has something like 200 goals in 240 games and i never touched him on the editor.

It can be done and it aint actually that hard tbh.

The key is to keep buying / selling players, remember every player has his price, you get all the good freebies and sell them on as soon as you get a decent offer.

The squad will never be truly 'settled' but you get away with it by having such a good team. Raiding higher leagues youth teams is a good method as well. The money you earn from these 'sell ons' should be invested in upgrading youth and training facilities.

I could barely persuade anyone to come in on loan to Merthyr, I just snapped up some staff members with obscure nationalities and got in decent players from abroad. Austria, Bulgaria and Czech Republic did me very well - in League One I signed two players, one Slovenian who later went to Lazio and got world player of the year (his CA must be almost 200, he has a stupid amount of 20s) and an unambitious Austrian midfielder who's stayed as my captain all the way to Premiership champions, winning European midfielder of the year along the way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numski:

And no i havnt cheated once. Simple answer, good tactics and getting Danny Haynes, 1st on loan the bought him. So far he has something like 200 goals in 240 games and i never touched him on the editor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Danny Haynes is a legend. Unfortunately I could never sign him on my game.

I played with Aldershot;

BSP- Champions, 1st season

L2- Champions after 2 seasons

L1- Champions 1st season

Championship- 2nd place after 2 seasons

Permiership- Relegated, 1st season

Then I quit and became England manager.

I've taken King's Lynn to 2nd in the Championship in 2019/20. It's unrealistic I know, and I have no idea how people manage to get 3-4 successive promotions, back to back promotions are the best I have ever managed back on FM2007. Loan signings are the key to getting a poor reputation club up the leagues, but the scouts actually finding anyone decent who you can loan has been a mjor problem for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numski:

Back to back promotions are very possible.

Ive taken Oxford United from the BSP to the Premiership.

BSP - 1st

L2 - 1st

L1 - 1st

Champ - 18th

Champ - 1st

Prem - 16th

Now just taken the Arsenal job along with Brazil.

And no i havnt cheated once. Simple answer, good tactics and getting Danny Haynes, 1st on loan the bought him. So far he has something like 200 goals in 240 games and i never touched him on the editor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oxford are hardly a typical BSP team. Their underacheivements on FM and in RL always amazes me. Though on my current game Derby come close as my feeder team they are currently close to joining Oxford in the BSP.

i think its possible. i took chester city(league 2 i know but predicted to be relegated), won league 2, league 1 and championship. all in three seasons. key is to sign young players. they dun ask for much and u can build ur loyalty to them.

good signings are kostadinov, tabakov, ryan mcgowan and freebies like mark hughes and gary stopforth who is still with me at prem level. loan signings help a lot too. if u dun have a transfer budget, reduce ur wage budget. u can get 52k just by lowering 1k off ur wage budget i think.

Apologies in advance for shamelessly plugging my own thread but...

I've written a guide outlining everything I did to take previously unplayable Gateshead up through the leagues. You can find it here

There may be some useful info in there for you if you're embarking on another attempt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover:

Amazing how so many can achieve this but never let anyone know how.

Personally I think its a combination of FMM and ctrl+alt+del icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or simply alot of time and alot of patience... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover:

Personally I think its a combination of FMM and ctrl+alt+del icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or simply alot of time and alot of patience... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I'll stick with my 1st thought icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Or simply alot of time and alot of patience... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I'll stick with my 1st thought icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

all these successive promotions are making me jealous. Heres how long it took me to get to the premiership with Hithcin.

bss: 1 year

bsp: 3 years

League 2: 7 years (more fun than it looks!!)

league 1: 3 years

Championship: 1 year

It is possible but you basically have to be a student to do it as otherwise you wont have enough time!!

I know what you mean.

Have I mentioned I've just won the Premier League and Champions League with Prescot Cables?

Yep yep!

Blyth Spartans, Blue Square North to premiership and its 2016, hardest was getting out of the championship, and I'm in the premiership with a 15,000 seater stadium :/

I got some good job offers along the way, but i just couldn't leave :p

I don't think it's possible to do it under LLM rules in consecutive years (no parent clubs, only using scout reports etc) but if you're getting top quality parent clubs, leeching quality loans off them and using the player search to uncover gems I can see how it would be possible.

It would be almost impossible to do it under LLM rules take a look in the forum at all the struggling managers to prove my point.

We don't use other peoples tactics and we don't sign players that have been recommended to us by others.

In England and Germany it's actually against the rules to be a feeder team, this is a bug that SI need to sort out.

We rely on our scouts to find us players, no raiding of higher leagues youth teams.

I was very close to getting back-to-back promotions in my current save with Catanzaro, having missed out though the next season I only narrowly survived relegation, the reason been my finances were stretched to the limit and half my team left on frees as I wasn't able to renew their contracts.

I think their is some cheating going on in the games of successive promotions, probably using downloaded tactics and the good player guide if nothing else.

A little harsh on the cheating call.

I wouldn't call using downloaded tactics, recommened players etc as cheating, it's just another way of playing & trying to succeed in the game. It's not a style of play that I would subscribe to but it doesn't lesson the acheivemnt in the players eyes.

Only use of the pre-game editor, in game FMM or reloading after a defeat in a crucial game could be considered cheating as far as I'm concerned.

Well done to all those who have made it to the top, lucky barstools.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Apologies in advance for shamelessly plugging my own thread but...

I've written a guide outlining everything I did to take previously unplayable Gateshead up through the leagues. You can find it here

There may be some useful info in there for you if you're embarking on another attempt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks alot. Very useful.

Will be giving it a try with the mighty Blyth Spartans.

Into third season now with Fisher after finishing 1st in season one, then 16th in the Blue Sq Premier in season 2. Currently lying 7th with 10 games gone in the third. And really enjoying it. In fact, not enjoyed playing FM so much since CM03/04.

Just wish I could give my team the kick up the arse they need when they start losing games. The useless gits lost 12 in a row towards the end of last season.

Archived