Chairman takeover is never finished

Hello All,

I have a problem in my Liverpool game, during my second season Tom Hicks wanted to step down and let a consortium of businessmen take the club over. The deal collapsed and since then(it has been taking almost a year now) nothing happened in the takeover department but I still can't buy any players (only sell) because it says they are still discussing a deal!

Nothing really happened since the deal collapsed and I havent had any news item about it whatsoever. All they say is that I should be patient in every board confidence update while they resolve the current situation. Are they really going to solve the situation any time soon? Because this is getting really annoying, not being able to buy players, while I have a budget of aroung 60 mill.

Does anyone have some awnsers for me? Been in the same situation?

thanx a lot

Hi mate, i had this drama in my Man Utd save in which the takeover started in May and FINALLY finished in February (in which the takeover collapsed) then a short time later, an inhouse chairman was appointed and all seems back to normal.

It seems to me that takeovers are completed a short time after a transfer window has closed.

It caused me alot of problems with buying new players etc but it also gave me an estimated extra 100m pounds to spend in the next trasfer window as i spend nothing in over a year.

It will end soon......................have faith.

Thanx for your reply lil ol me.. I am keeping faith.

It's been my second transfer window so far (so it must be a more longer then one year now). I dont know exactly when it started but I was really getting scared because nothing has happened in the takeover since 9 or 10 months now.

Happened to me a while back, it got sorted eventually as the fans got angry that no progress was being made and the offer was withdrawn. But it took approx. 1 and a half years to go thru.:eek::mad::thdn: If it doesn't get sorted within 2 years, it is probably a bug. Also, try posting in the bugs forum, the moderators may be able to help :thup:

Happened to me at Inter in first season with some Italian guy, the takeover 'hit the rocks' about 4 times before collapsing and lasted for months, then suddenly some Croatian guy came out of nowhere with loads of money and gave me a 150m to spend

i went on holiday unemployed for 5 years from the start of game to start with someone mid-table to sign regens etc and i took over portsmouth as they had been taken over by tie owners, its great they had a massive squad and 90mil to spend i cut down the wage bill from 1.7m to just 600k p/m and have brought in loads of prospects and kept just a few players over 50k p/w winning often and finished 3rd in the league :) the first successfull season iv actually had on 09 after about 20 attempts! got all the best backroom staff a low wage total and all the promising youngsters! loving it oh and everymonth on the dot my chairman pumps extra funds into the club ranging from 3-9mil :-)

just need a new stadium when i ask he says no chance the council will let us so hoping for a completely new one and to dominate europe

has anyone had a new stadium with pompey?

Happened to me at Inter in first season with some Italian guy, the takeover 'hit the rocks' about 4 times before collapsing and lasted for months, then suddenly some Croatian guy came out of nowhere with loads of money and gave me a 150m to spend

exactly the same happened to me apart from he was slovakian

Happened to me a while back, it got sorted eventually as the fans got angry that no progress was being made and the offer was withdrawn. But it took approx. 1 and a half years to go thru.:eek::mad::thdn: If it doesn't get sorted within 2 years, it is probably a bug. Also, try posting in the bugs forum, the moderators may be able to help :thup:

ok, thanx for all your replies everyone.

Ill post it in the bugs forum now and hopefully it can be fixed with the next patch, or with fm 2010.

again thanx for all your replies

Archived