Awards system still very corrupt

Ever since CM01/02, the awards system has been a complete mess imo. 01/02 had it spot on but it just hasn't carried forward, and while there has been slight improvements in the last few versions, still very poor. I know this is not a huge feature in the game but I think it should either be coded to work correctly or removed from the game.

Im currently in July 2011 managing Sunderland. My main striker is, Artem Milevskiy, a 27 year old Ukrainian forward. In the 2010/2011 season he scored 32 league goals with an avg rating of 7.38. He was top scorer in the league by 8 goals (ahead of Kevin Doyle) and also recorded the highest goal return in the history of the league since it switched to a 20 team format.

Irl he would be a certainty to win both PFA and Football Writers award. But no, the PFA went to Adebayor who scored 18 goals from 27 appearances with an avg rating of 7.32, and the top 3 football writers awards went to Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez (Man Utd finished 3rd that season), Ronaldo scoring 9 goals and having an avg rating of 7.28. Milevskiy was not in the top three of either award.

It's clear that reputation has a major influence on who wins the awards much like how players were picked for national teams in FM2008. That issue has been resolved so why can't the awards?

Id like to add I think FM2009 is the best version of these games ever produced, the regen issue sorted(something I didn't think would happen) and national teams seem to be calling more and more players into their squads based on form and not reputation. Overall by far the most realistic game ever. Congrats SI, now how about the awards?

I totally agree, it should be revamped as sometimes the winners of these awards are totally unrealistic. I had a similar thing happen to me last season, Rooney won the PFA and FWA the previous season with 21 goals in 43 apps but this year he finished second with 32 goals in 39 apps ???? If this happened IRL i think some questions would need to be answered.

Well im glad someone spoke out about the awards problem, on all of my gamesaves so far, you have to be an arsenal player to win any kind of award, it seems that adebayor can do nothing but achieve! he scores ridiculous amounts of goals every season and is always Europes top goalscorer! if he did this in real life then fair enough give him the award, but every time he steps onto the field in the game, you know hes going to score, and come the end of the season you know hes getting some kind of award.

On my last liverpool save, torres had scored 35 league goals, anelka came second with 31 and adebayor third with 30, but guess who got the player of the year award? wasnt torres or anelka.

I also think the awards system needs improving. There's loads of times it bemuses me. Like, my player finishing top goal scorer in the league and not getting in the team of the year.

The manager of the month award keeps going to Hammarby, even if I win all my games.

Since when has the leagues top scorer always won the PFA awards?

More often than not it is, look at the previous winners, mostly strikers. He also had the highest Avg. rating of anyone and I think most man of the matches awards but im in work so can't confirm that. Also breaking the record for most goals in a season!

Tell me CaptainPlanet what did Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez do to better, no where near as many goals and much lower avg rating, not to mention Utd had a poor season finishing 3rd?

I had a clean sweep of the Player of the Year last season but i've noticed that the Player's Player award always seems to be given to the player with the highest reputation.

In the run up the the world and European awards there always seem to be strange favorites, Etienne Didot always seem the crop up even though he's not playing well and never wins it in the end.

I agree that its sometimes strange, I had a couple of wonderkids playing most games for me, both got higher ratings than the eventual winner of Young player of the year but only one came 3rd in the awards.

Also sometimes the overall best eleven for a club is messed up with players getting in after one unspectacular season displacing players who have been performing great for years.

Your right Pires, the World and European player awards are always strange choices, players at smallish clubs. In real life the world player of the year always comes from one of the elites, usually based on performances in the CL and international tournaments.

Iv'e now formed the opinion that FM has it the wrong way around- Individual league awards are given out by mostly reputation and World and Euro on Performance. Switch that around and problem solved! Could this be right SI?

Worse is the manager of the year award, always goes to top three teams even if a relegation threatened team were t finish 4th.

Absolutely, this is completely insane. I finished 2nd in the Championship behind Hull (only by 3 points, I was on 96 they were on 99), after being expected to finish 14th. Hull were expected to finish 1st. Yet Phil Brown won Manager of the Year, with me second.

Archived