Throw In's

Does anyone else dread getting throw-ins??

More then half the time I get a throw in, they throw it straight to the opposition, it realy does get annoying, no matter what setting I use for throw ins.

I prefer the opposition getting a throw, more chance in my team getting the ball, then!

Wish I could find the "throw to own team" option for throw ins then...........

I use throw ins quite well actually, almost always creates a chance....usually my best striker heads it over, but it's a chance. I Set the team instructions to long and individual instructions to a couple forward, one or two near post and one short. The AI only rarely gets hold of the ball, I presume it's because they're playing on the counter.

In my experience, surrendering possesion is mostly a problem when your players are outnumbered. Try setting your throw ins to short and tell four relevant players to go short and you should retain the ball. To give you an example, I am managing Yeovil (of course) and I set the DL to take the throw, my DMC, AML and left sided-MC are all in close attendance. It helps if they are reasonably robust too, garden gnomes loose the ball more often than not!

Good luck.:)

I have not noticed my team squandering throw-ins much too. For both flanks, I set three players to come short to provide more options for the taker of the throw-in. I have managed several goals from throw-ins as well so no complaints from me.

Archived