should i reload my game?

i made a stupid mistake i was playing a match and i was 2-0 up. this is a real important game for me as i have figured i have 10 games which will decide my fate in the championship. im swansea and currently 9th. after getting a point in my last two games i needed a win as 6-22nd is very close a few losses i could get into a relegation battle.

i was winning southampton 2-0 and it was the 75th min i was really happy .........then i saw a thing pop up saying the computer was going to restart itself so i set it as postpone for 1 hour.....but accidentally hit the restart now button instead of restart later!!

so i had the match again because luckily i had saved it just a few days before the match and i lossed 1-0 so i was so angry i restarted the game because i felt like i had won it in my previous match before my stupid error... now im playing again and have gone 2-0 DOWN in the 2nd half im so gutted.

what do i do? restart the game untill i get the win on just accept it as a cruel punishment. i never restart but at the moment its so tempting to go down that option just this once.

Usually I would condemn anyone for reloading a game because in my eyes it's cheating and not in the proper spirit of the game, but.. in this case I think I think that it would be ok. Keep reloading it until you are winning 2:0 and then on-in it's like the computer restart never happened.

The closest I've come to reloading in FM09 was just today. 1-1 away, 83rd minute, League Cup 1st round, drawn against my arch rivals. My GK takes two steps outside the box, and stands with his hands on his hips as the opposing ST closes ten yeards and takes the ball off his feet for the winning goal. Commentary says he "missed his interception."

I would have had to go back to July, though, and redoing two weeks just didn't seem "fun." I'll let the board and fans be upset, because I will impress them later, making them forget all about this travesty.

I think an exception can be made. As for the other comments though, whether it be cheating or not, or not in the spirit of the game or whatever, these people should realise that its not actually their game. If people want to reload let them, if you dont want to then dont! After all, it may be a challenge for some people, to restart the game to get the desired results and then buils a team so eventually they dont have to restart? Ok, that was waffle but was just trying to point out it is their own personal game world.

Depends if you want to be a doormat who accepts whatever is thrown at you.

Can’t speak for FM9, but FM8 frequently required restarts just to view something that resembled a football match, never mind leaving you with the idea you actually were given a fair crack of the whip.

Imbalances: over effect of teamtalks, no matter how reasonable. High profile players being endowed with magical abilities etc (and still some on here reckoned you shouldn’t use the corner set up to compensate””).

Built in cheats: goalkeeper distribution working for the AI team but not yours; magical AI defender clearances (in the style of FM9 keeper to striker) after your keeper has booted conveniently up field for him; AI free kicks constantly deflecting in off your wall; high profile player shots invariably bounce off your keeper (no matter how weedy the shot) back to same player or colleague for an open goal, etc.

Accept that and god only knows what sort of a wimp you must be in real life.

how funny is the last line of his post though! How many times have spurs restarted a game cause Gomes was making all those mistakes, maybe SI should make a game where nothing goes against you in anyway, make it so nobody can score a goal that deflects of a wall, cause that NEVER happens irl as we all know that goalkeepers are perfect and cover the goal in cling film before the game, if i am a doormat for not manipulating the match engine until i work out the right combination then slap a welcome sign on me!

"Built in cheats: goalkeeper distribution working for the AI team but not yours; magical AI defender clearances (in the style of FM9 keeper to striker) after your keeper has booted conveniently up field for him; AI free kicks constantly deflecting in off your wall; high profile player shots invariably bounce off your keeper (no matter how weedy the shot) back to same player or colleague for an open goal, etc."

Well this pretty much shows he has no clue Rupal as the ME can't distinguish between a human and AI team.

by the way i dont restart the game and perhaps i shouldnt have done on that occasion but i let temptation get the best of me if i loose or draw a match i will play on just on this occasion i was tired and i made a stupid mistake of restarting my computer when i was about to get a crucial win. you can tell i dont restart the game often as im currently 11th with no chance of a play off unless i go unbeaten and a good chance i can get relegated as there isnt too much difference from botom up till about 10th.

Archived