National Pool

Have been looking for an answer but so far no success.

I am manager of a national team and was surprised to see that some major players of my domestic league (yes, they are eligible to play for the national side) are not included in the "national pool." Anybody could explain to me how it is decided which players are to be included in the national pool and which are not? Obviously I can add them afterwards, but it is still a little bit bothersome to check which players are not there even though they should be. Thanks

Have been looking for an answer but so far no success.

I am manager of a national team and was surprised to see that some major players of my domestic league (yes, they are eligible to play for the national side) are not included in the "national pool." Anybody could explain to me how it is decided which players are to be included in the national pool and which are not? Obviously I can add them afterwards, but it is still a little bit bothersome to check which players are not there even though they should be. Thanks

Its what the previous managers decided iirc :)

Even if you're starting a new game as the National Manager, you're still taking over from the previous one and their pool will have been loaded when the game initialised.

If the pool included all the eligible players, for a nation with a lot of players, it would be huge. Unusable and pointless. The National Pool is there for you to fill with players that you think will be good enough to play for the nation, so you don't have to scroll through the dross.

• 2 months later...

Was having a look for an answer to my question but I couldn't find it. I want to do what some people here have suggested, but would clearing my pool of all players and just putting my thirty or forty possible first teamers on the list have any affect on the U23s and U20s?

Was having a look for an answer to my question but I couldn't find it. I want to do what some people here have suggested, but would clearing my pool of all players and just putting my thirty or forty possible first teamers on the list have any affect on the U23s and U20s?

(I'm assuming you are not under 21 or etc manager)

No, afaik under 21 managers etc have their own list (not visable) so deleting them off yours wouldn't change how they pick their squads.

But you wouldn't see when younger players are doing well, so wouldn't give them an opportunity.

Archived