Direct Free Kicks

Im sure it will be fixed if your trying to suggest SI admit issues then dont fix them

Don't know where you get that from ? I was really commenting on the seemingly endless stream of "it's a known issue" type comments and frankly I'm getting a wee bit fed up with the "oh we toned this down - now it's caused this" stuff that we seem to be getting.

Here's a handy hint for you SI - make a game that dosen't have quite so many issues - after all you stated that the match engine had been tested by thousands and yet after TWO patches you admit there are still BIG flaws.

Don't know where you get that from ? I was really commenting on the seemingly endless stream of "it's a known issue" type comments and frankly I'm getting a wee bit fed up with the "oh we toned this down - now it's caused this" stuff that we seem to be getting.

Here's a handy hint for you SI - make a game that dosen't have quite so many issues - after all you stated that the match engine had been tested by thousands and yet after TWO patches you admit there are still BIG flaws.

You just proved my point with your parts after bold saying theres to many issues and SI dont fix them :confused:

You just proved my point with your parts after bold saying theres to many issues and SI dont fix them :confused:

What I actually said was that some of the fixes seem to cause other issues.

This seems to have got a bit off topic - I was really wobdering how long other people have gone without scoring directly from a free kick.

What I actually said was that some of the fixes seem to cause other issues.

This seems to have got a bit off topic - I was really wobdering how long other people have gone without scoring directly from a free kick.

Yeah agreed sorry (Y)

Yeah its hard but if it makes you feel better my LB just scored a peach of a free kick for Portugal :)

Is it only me then that gets direct freekicks????

What are you people doing, have you got players with freekick above 18 and good composure/long shots. Make sure the player doesnt have "Hits freekicks with power".

Buy Alex, Mathias Fernadez or Juninhio if you want to test it. I get around 6-10 goals from freekicks in the league alone. I even get random players with like 15 for freekicks that step up during a game and just curve it around the wall into the net. Have had ones as close as on the box line and far as 35-40 yarders.

Till 2018 is crazy!

Well, I play LLM so those players are beyond my means. I think my best freekick 'expert' has a stat of about 13 for freekicks but his composure is poor. I guess i will have to wait until i have dragged my squad into the Premiership before i can start banging in the screamers from set pieces

I've found that having the same player take free kicks works out pretty well. I think Bale got 3 or 4 goals in my first season at Spurs when he was my 1st choice left sided free kick taker. I usually look for players with a decent free kick rating 16+ with place shots or curls ball as a ppm.

Might want to take into consideration the preferred foot of the player. It might just be me but inswinging corners seem to be more dangerous when compared to an outswinging corner (inswinging reaches whoever is challenging the GK, gets closer to goal, etc.)

Just on the topics of free kicks, what do people look at in order of priorities whe selecting a FK taker?

Would you prefer a player with good FK taking but poor long shots, or average FK taking and average long shots. Then again do you look at crossing ability?

It's a shame you can't nominate an indirect and direct taker as these are totally different skills in real life.

Just on the topics of free kicks, what do people look at in order of priorities whe selecting a FK taker?

Would you prefer a player with good FK taking but poor long shots, or average FK taking and average long shots. Then again do you look at crossing ability?

It's a shame you can't nominate an indirect and direct taker as these are totally different skills in real life.

Maybe, but how often do you find someone who takes great direct free kicks and can't put a decent ball into the box?

FWIW, Matty Taylor and Luigi Bruins scored a few free kicks between them in my first season.

had the same problem for a couple of seasons but this season one of my regens has knocked a couple in, guess he just developed to be good enough.

But also have very few scored against me, last I can remember was Balotelli scoring in the last minute to deny me a famous victory over inter

Archived