double deals!!! fm10???

It happens quite a bit these days...I think!!!

Teams buy 2 players at a time from a club...saying they'll pay one sum of money for the 2!!

I know its not much of a feature as you could buy them seperate...but I still think it could be an inclusion!!!

Also the loan back feature....for example the Tosic and Llajic deal this season with Man Utd...i like the idea of buying a youth player...and loaning them back for the season to gain 1st team experience!! (if they are good enough!!)

(really sorry if its already been posted!!)

i brought up the loan option and we discoverd that the deal cannot be included in the transfer thus not being in the football manager games :) the reason this happens is via a loophole so basiclly the clubs have a "verbel" agreement ;)

ps this is allowed in holland

Not sure about the double deals. The only advantage you could possibly get is some sort of 'discount' for buying two, and I doubt it really works like that.

yeh that's what i think happens....the club is getting a big sum...but at a discount compared to buying seperate...i understand it would work better when buying from a small club!! :thup:

With the loan back thing, can't you just set the transfer date to the end of the season, rather than the next available opportunity? That way the players stay at their club, get their first team experience and then you pick them up at the end of the year. This is technically the same as loaning them back, no?

exactly what i was thinking! i think the loan back is a good idea, however, like mentioned its not a 'real' clause so id leave it out, i mean if the kids are good enough teams will come in for them on loan if you offer them anyway!

Actually, the "loan back" clause is an arrangement between the two clubs, so that the first one will retain the services of the player (as they consider him a key player for their squad) and the second will secure the signature of a hot prospect/potential star player.

If it's the same to arranging the transfer for the end of the season, that I don't know.

Not sure about the double deals. The only advantage you could possibly get is some sort of 'discount' for buying two, and I doubt it really works like that.

LOL, I'd love to see a club saying "well, if you buy two of our players, we'll give you a third one for free!!"

A word of caution...I think you'd find that it would in fact be two separate deals that go through, simply simultaneously. It's not "one lump of money for two players" it's two sums of money for two players but reported to media as one due to the close proximity of the transfers.

For the loan back option, to make it simple, maybe you could just tick a box in the transfer screen when making an offer, similar to the way you can tick a box for "arrange friendly" and "buy back price". In the same way you have to accept a friendly before a certain date when this box is ticked, you would have to accept a loan offer from the selling club.

Potential problem: it would need to put into the system that players are more inclined to go back to their previous club on loan, and that they do not refuse the loan deal because of recently joining a new team

With the loan back thing, can't you just set the transfer date to the end of the season, rather than the next available opportunity? That way the players stay at their club, get their first team experience and then you pick them up at the end of the year. This is technically the same as loaning them back, no?

It's a bit different. For instance, Real Madrid bought Ezequiel Garay off Racing last offseason and agreed with Racing to loan during all 2008-2009 season, so until now, it's what you said.

However, there's an additional clause (in this case and lots more) that doesn't allow Garay to play against Real Madrid during this season, as it's the case next Sunday.

A word of caution...I think you'd find that it would in fact be two separate deals that go through, simply simultaneously. It's not "one lump of money for two players" it's two sums of money for two players but reported to media as one due to the close proximity of the transfers.
I don't agree with the double deals. It might be reported as a "double deal", but they are individual transfers, with individual contracts etc.

Indeed. I doubt that players are actually sold as a 'package'. They're individual transfers, just termed as a double deal by the media.

I would like the loan back feature too though.

Yeah. While it would look cool to sign 2 players at exactly the same time, imagine how annoyed you'd be if the double deal fell down because one of the players wouldn't agree terms.

And it was an hour before the tansfer window shut.

Nice idea, but I suspect I'd continue to negotiate 2 seperate deals even if it was there...

Another, perhaps related, feature that could be added, is that non-EU players can be loaned out to clubs that are not feeders to gain a work permit. Because we've seen this in the past.

Mark Gonzalez was sent to Real Sociedad when Liverpool signed him, and so does Sebastian Leto currently at Olympiakos. I don't think either of those clubs are Liverpool's feeders.

Man U also sent Manucho to Panathinaikos to get a work permit.

Yeah. While it would look cool to sign 2 players at exactly the same time, imagine how annoyed you'd be if the double deal fell down because one of the players wouldn't agree terms.

True. This is something that I sometimes find annoying about part-exchanges, so I try to stay away from those nowadays

There are joint transfer deals, where two players move for a joint fee. The club negotiates ONE fee for both of them and so it's reported to the press. Of course contract negotiations are made individually, but that's another story.

So what if one player rejects and the other accepts? Will the fee be reduced then?

thanks for your opinions guys...finding it really interesting :)

a thing I've found that happens when I buy a new player....and want to loan him straight out.....is that clubs aren't interested because he has recently signed for a new club!!! :mad:

i don't want to wait to buy the player because in a years time for example...he could have been bought by another club....or maybe even an increase in price!!

i seen a few people have put "use the buy at end of season option"...valid point but as someone else has said....there isn't a recall option with that!!! :thdn:

As the double is concerned...the point about one of the players not accepting your terms...that could be sticky...might have to agree a price for just the one person!!

I'd really like this to get to SI somehow as well....I want them to notice everyones ideas :D

Then the deal will be cancelled and a new one agreed for the one player who agreed ;)

That seems a bit tedious (to me at least).

Although I do remember Sunderland trying to do a 'quartet' deal in the summer with Spurs for Malbranque, Tainio, Chimbonda and Kaboul. Kaboul refused, but that didn't ruin it for the rest.

Archived