Contracts

I am currently in charge of maidstone in the BSP and the most i can offer to a player is £200 a week, even for somebody my assistant thinks should be a definate purchase.

I think it would improve contract negotiations if you could offer a more detailed contract, for example if somebody is just outside your wage budget you could put it in their contract that they will be club captain. This could encourage some players to take a lower wage.

Other things could saying to a striker if he scores a certain amount of goals you promise to let him leave for e reasonable fee which benefits you and the player. Or allowing players to leave for a champions league team/premiership teams/something higher than you are currently playing in if you recieve a pre arranged amount. I know this is covered by minimum release fees but they could become more felixible by the players requesting lower release causes for their favourite clubs or top (better if your in lower divisions) teams. For some players this may make them play really well for you as they hope to get a move to a better club, obviously not every player will be motivated by this

yer but what SI have done is make contracts realistic, i mean i for one don't want SI to make up contract clauses for the game, if you cant afford the wages put the real clauses in, appearances, goal bonuses, wage rises and so on, if he wants a particular wage you can promise it to him if they win promotion etc. No need for a change in my book

I think that bonuses for reaching certain landmarks are realistic. Tell a stiker to get 15 goals and he can have x amount as a bonus. Tell a midfielder to reach a certain amount of appearences and he can have y amount as a bonus, that sort of thing. It is slightly different to having to give them a bonus everytime they play or every time they score and maybe it could be linked to the payer happiness thru the PR - "Player x is determined to score in the next game to earn his bonus"

you then would have problems with players being selfish, i.e your striker taking shots on goal when he could put it on a plate for someone else to get his bonus, then people will moan about that.... but in saying that maybe like a selfsih rating or something could be implemented

Archived