Striker Problem

Here's the problem. I've got this dude:

jasonbl7.png

At a glance, he does look super duper amazing, but his Physical attributes make me cry. What should I do to this kid to make his pace and fitness go up. I don't want this guy in the future to have about 19/18 in some stats, but couldn't chase a pidgeon.

He has the potential to be a really good striker, he has the finishing and the positional skills to be a total poacher.

The one thing that he's lacking is his physical attributes, so I would get him in the gym and get him to work on his strength and aerobics, intensively (20)

At a glance, he does look super duper amazing, but his Physical attributes make me cry. What should I do to this kid to make his pace and fitness go up. I don't want this guy in the future to have about 19/18 in some stats, but couldn't chase a pidgeon.

I disagree he could chase a pidgeon until it got too tired but with his stamina he'd still be going strong.

If I had a guy like that come through my club I'd probably keep him until he is 20/21 then sell him off. I don't seem to be able to get good performances out of players with physical stats that low, he lacks both Strength/Jumping and Pace/Acceleration so IMO I wouldn't even bother with him.

If you still want to try and improve him then you need to have a custom training schedule. I'd make one with all the technical areas just on medium, except defending which would be on none. Then I'd choose if I wanted to try and improve his speed or strength, you won't be able to improve both majorly without over training him and risking injury, try to get the overall workload to just below High intensity. You'll have to play him in 15-20 games a season, you can't loan him out as an AI club won't train him in the correct areas. Like someone else said the best you can hope for is some of the physical stats to hit 14, but the others still won't be great.

As I said before for me his poor physical stats combined with poor Anticipation and Decisions mean I'd forget about him and flog him off. If you want to try and train him up then you had better hope he has high professionalism.

Archived