Questions re: Monthly Installments

Hi guys, I wondered if someone could give the definition explanation on Monthly Installments and how they affect balance / transfer budget from both the buyer & sellers perspective.

If I'm the buying club, and I buy a player with £2m upfront with a further £2m over 24 months, what would be the immediate impact on my budget? Will it just be the initial £2m, or will my budget take into consideration that I will also be spending another £1m within 12 months?

If Im the selling club, and a club wants to buy my player with £0 upfront and £1m over 24 months, what would i receive immediately into my budget (assuming that the board allows me 100% of incoming transfers to be added to my budget)

Thanks

From the GPTG FAQ

XII. How are fee's over a period of time paid?

When you sign a player for a fee over 24 months, 18 months, 12 months, or 6 months, half the fee is immedietly taken from your transfer budget. The rest of the fee is taken out over the said time. Due to this, you must have at least half of the fee paid over a time, aswell as everything else included in the transfer. An example is signing Thierry Henry for £2mil upfront, £10mil over 24 months, and 25% sell-on. You must have the £2mil upfront, and half of the £10mil (£5mil) that you agreed to pay over 24 months. The other £5mil will be paid over 24 months.

thanks for that Arsenal 2111....if you were the selling club, would your transfer budget increase monthly over the period of time the club were buying the player or would it just go straight into the clubs balance?

>>>When you sign a player for a fee over 24 months, 18 months, 12 months, or 6 months, half the fee is immedietly taken from your transfer budget.<<<

This only applies for transfers in this financial year e.g. you are managing a club in Scotland, you agree to buy a player from Spurs at the end of the English season for £0 up front and £12 million over 12 months. As the end of the English season (1st July) is after the end of the Scottish season (sometime in June) no money will be deducted from your transfer budget. On the 1st July £12 million will be deducted from your transfer budget.

Archived