Knowledge of Nations and preferred formation

Does this effect the game in any way and how do you get knowledge. I've been managing in Greece for half a season, scouting lots of oplayers and watching a few of the National teams games, yet my knowledge is just the same as when I started.

And it says you have a preferredformatiopn. I started with a 4-4-2 and it set it as my preferred formation, but now I've changed to a 5-3-2, which I've used in more matches. So why hasn't this replaced 4-4-2 as my preferred formation?

Ok, and I notice that none of my staff and I are getting the old thing where it shows how long you've been in the country so you can take up citizenship. Is that only for the players?

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

Ok, and I notice that none of my staff and I are getting the old thing where it shows how long you've been in the country so you can take up citizenship. Is that only for the players?

For players the purpose of adding this feature is to plan squads with restrictions on foreigners. There are no such restrictions on staff, so I'm not sure what point there would be in having staff considering changing their nationalities. Unless you know different!

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i he means that would be a decent added feature, the only thing it may affect is the ability to get the national job if you were managing in another country.

if you havent noticed ryan you do accuire new languages once you have been there a while.

You seem to get basic language skills straight away!

ie. I took over at Switzerland and immediately I have German (basic). I must be a quick learner. Became full language after about 3 or 4 months I think, but I wasn't checking so I have no idea on the timescale.

I posted something very similar to this only YESTERDAY. Ever thought of using the search feature or even just scrolling down the main page to see if something similar is there?

Anyway. I'm Ukraine boss for 2 years now and I am fluent in the language, but have no knowledge of the country. Apparently it is because I don't have the Ukranian league loaded.

Manager Knowledge and Stats

Originally posted by philkemp:

I posted something very similar to this only YESTERDAY. Ever thought of using the search feature or even just scrolling down the main page to see if something similar is there?

Anyway. I'm Ukraine boss for 2 years now and I am fluent in the language, but have no knowledge of the country. Apparently it is because I don't have the Ukranian league loaded.

Manager Knowledge and Stats

I was managing Uzbekistan and fairly quickly gained some knowledge of the country. I also gained full knowledge of Tajikistan almost immediately, meaning I apparently knew more about football in Tajikistan than than in the country I'm managing.

I didn't aquire any Greek skills until November.

And Uzbekistan! Mother ****ers! You should manage Kazakhstan, it's the greatest country in the World, all other countries are run by little girld, Kazakhstan number 1 exporter of potassium,.....you know the rest!

I only had one scout at Barcelona and never sent him on any scouting missions, because I just couldn't be bothered and wanted the season over asap so as I could leave. When I took over I had knowledge of the usual suspects i.e. Scotland, England, Ireland, N. Ireland, France Germany and also Poland from my time in Germany. I spent two years in Spain and on leaving Barca had extra knowledge of Russia, Croatia, Serbia, Ukraine and Greece icon_confused.gif All nearly as high as the level I got to with Spain.

Archived