Too many Regens spoil the Game

I am into my third season , but am starting to feel that there are already way too many Regens in this years game. I fully understand that it is an essential part of the gane that they are created in order to keep the game going in future seasons. But they seem to be too many high rated ones created in comparison to a lot of the Real life Promising youngsters around.

My Scouts are now returning reports with about 70% Regens ! When real life youngsters who have REAL potential IRL like Danijel Aleksic, Martin Galvin, Bostock, Sears, (the list could go on) to name just a few examples,,, have very average stats at the begining.

Is is just that FM havent done as much research into this years game ? and that they have spent more time on the likes of their 3d match engine and so on. And as such it is just easier to have a whole load of regens instead of the real life youngsters coming through.

Take the likes of Aleksic that I mentioned above who is the captain of the Serbian U17 national football team. He led his team single-handedly all the way to the final group stage at the U17 world cup ,and was a main contender for the U17 golden boot award for most goals.

His stats are pretty lame,,,and then you see some random 15 yr old Regen created with about 5 or 6 attributes already over 15 ?? It makes me think ??

There are loads of these real life youngster with potential that IF I decide to keep playing my side for over 10 seasons or so ,,I would much prefer to see turn out good in the game as opposed to it being made up Regens.

If FM claim to be the most realistic management Sim out,,then why is this not the case ?

Dont get me wrong I am still enjoying this yr's game ,,but this problem does seem more obvious to me than in other versions. I just prefer playing with real players than made up ones,,and too many of them dont seem worth buying in comparison to the Regens

This all sounds like data issues. If you think players aren't as good as they should be, then you need to post in the data issues forum.

It's impossible for SI(the researchers) to get every player right and there will always be differing opinions anyway.

and you can always amend these changes to your own data base using the editor' date=' this is what i have done to get heskey back into the England squad.. took alot of testing tho[/quote']

You should have simply raised his Home Rep and Current Rep about Owen's, Defoe's and Crouch's.

The researchers are indepedent volunteers, I don't think any of them work on the 3D ME (possibly excepting the Spurs and Chelsea researchers who are actually employed by SI in other posts).

You should have simply raised his Home Rep and Current Rep about Owen's, Defoe's and Crouch's.

The researchers are indepedent volunteers, I don't think any of them work on the 3D ME (possibly excepting the Spurs and Chelsea researchers who are actually employed by SI in other posts).

was easy to get him into the squad but i wanted him to play more like real life. i done it by giving him a complete make over ;)

Archived