Is "blast ball at goal/shoots with power" just a bad PPM? I think it is...

I think it's a bad PPM. Although you'll never know, weaker shots are less likely to go over the bar, meaning there's a chance that the goalkeeper will fumble and you can capitalise - this doesn't really happen much with this PPM.

What it is good for is ridiculous goals. I have a defensive midfielder with PPMs Shoots with power, Curls ball and Shoots from distance (amongst others) - no prizes for guessing how he scores most of his goals!

But Places shots, as above, is a much better PPM - in the sense that there's no real disadvantage.

It used to dominate FM07 and FM08 because it didnt matter about the goalie, if the player was decent he would just smash it past him. In Fm09 however its one of the worst ones to have, players normally sky it or hit the ball straight at the goalie. The focus is on "Places Shots" and "Likes to round keeper" now, they are alot better.

Actually my big Italian striker playing at AC Milan, and The American striker for Villareal (for player-naming sake) both have it and they have used it well for me. Sure, they will miss one by blasting it over, but most of the time they will smash it in with the keeper looking helpless. I usually get a goal every 2 games from these 2 players. But I definitely agree that "shoots free kick with power" is useless. I have yet to see a player with the PPM hit on goal, always on the wall or in the stands.

Cheers!

Archived