Staff Involvement

I have bought every single Football Manager game since it first came out. And I would like to see more Staff involvement. The staff I would like to see are:

Chief Executive: As most clubs have one and they seem to do most of the actual day to day work. David Gill at Manchester United is the Chief Executive and not the Chairman the same as at Liverpool Rick Parry does the day to day work in reality but the game says Tom Hicks does that role. So i'd like to see a Chairman and Chief Executive. (On the editor you could tick a box next to them to signify who is in day to day charge)

Club Doctor: All clubs have a club doctor these days. He makes a lot of the actual diagnosis of the injuries and the physio's treat them. So I think that all top leval clubs at least should have their club doctirs on the game in that role not like Manchester United's team doctor Dr. Steve McNally who is on the game as a physio. (Massive insult to him).

Masseur: All top clubs have 3 or 4 masseurs aswell these days. So we could add these chaps to help with general fitness and rehabilitation.

Reserve Team Manager: I would like a pre-selected reserve team manager rather than having to select on yourself eachtime. If you want to change who it is then you just offer different contracts. When a club hires a reerve team manager they offer that contract not as "Coach" with responsibilities yet to be determined.

Academy Director: I would like to see an academy director added. As the person who is in charge of the academy is the person largely responsible for the youth team football at the club, he assigns the youth team coach responsibilities. And you could select weather or not he has various responsibilities, such ass coach assignment, youth player recruitment.

International Coaching Staff: I'd like to see coaching staff assigned to the youth teams like the U21's & U19's. Steve Wigley and Martin Thomas Assist Stuart Pears in the England U21's and they just appear as "Coach" with no specific area of responsibility. Where you could have Wigley and Thomas just looking at U21 players and the same with the U19 staff, Noel Blake could assist Brian Eastick in looking at just U19 players.

Director of Football: Currently it exists in name only. They Director of Football just sits there on the board and says and does nothing you could delegate tasks to the Director of Football such as scouting, doing the negotiating for the players you've requested him to sign, you could tell him you need say a goalkeeper and he could come back to you with a list of players he's looked at with they're scouting report.

Chief Scout: I think this role is obvious. Your chief scout could co-ordinate your scouting for you and like some of the other roles you could specify what he is responsible for.

Archived