Stadiums Decreasing In Capacity

Hey Guys

Was just looking through some stuff on one of my saves and noticed that both bolton and newcastle have both decreased their stadiums, They both play in league 1 now but i didn't think that this could happen, is this a bug? Has anyone else seen this before here are the screen shots

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/jackrobo/bolton.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/jackrobo/newcastle.jpg

Would appreciate the responce

im probably wrong but the only logical reason i can think of is this: if the club got it by severe financial trouble then the stadium may have been reduced to save on maintenence costs.

probably not the solution, but its probably what might happen if it happened in real life

im probably wrong but the only logical reason i can think of is this: if the club got it by severe financial trouble then the stadium may have been reduced to save on maintenence costs.

probably not the solution, but its probably what might happen if it happened in real life

Both clubs have massive loan debts (well massive for clubs in league 1) obviously we have man utd with over 600 million pound in debt but their debts are around the 50 million pound mark so yh i get where your coming from on that :)

It is a safety certificate related thing. In past versions I've seen messages about a stand of a club's ground being closed down because of health and safety. This is always when a club is in bad debt though so it is finance-related.

The ultimate example was always Queens Park (I hope that is fixed now in FM09). Despite being a 3rd Division (previous version) Scottish club they own Hampden Park which is ~52,500 capacity, but the details weren't setup correctly so the club plunged into debt and Hampden got reduced to ~3500 capacity even though it is also the national stadium. I was managing Scotland and playing to crowds a quarter the size that my Greenock Morton team attracted :D

Well im going to have a party!! i finally managed to answer someones question correctly!! Woop Woop!!

Im puttin the kettle on.....

Aye, pretty much. Although the official reason given in news items in past versions was, like I said, that a stand was actually closed down for health and safety reasons...which implies the club just stopped keeping it in good repair, but would have quite happily allowed people to carry on sitting in a stand that is falling down if the health and safety people didn't tell them they must close the stand!

Aye, pretty much. Although the official reason given in news items in past versions was, like I said, that a stand was actually closed down for health and safety reasons...which implies the club just stopped keeping it in good repair, but would have quite happily allowed people to carry on sitting in a stand that is falling down if the health and safety people didn't tell them they must close the stand!

thanks for that, my overall input has been scooped up and discarded like a used tissue!

this tea is less enjoyable now:(

Archived