Andrey Arshavin Admits Using FOOTBALL MANAGER

Thats Right Miles and all the other dudes at FM will be pleased to know that Arsenal's newest signing enjoys playing football manager.

He admits spending hours playing Football Manager on his PC, acting out his dreams of Premier League success.

In his book 555 Questions And Answers On Women, Money, Politics, Football, he said: “Playing Football Manager I would take on a team from the English lower division and promote it to the Premier League, where I would win the cups and titles.”

entire artical here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article2206464.ece

very funny and interesting read.

Thats Right Miles and all the other dudes at FM will be pleased to know that Arsenal's newest signing enjoys playing football manager.

He admits spending hours playing Football Manager on his PC, acting out his dreams of Premier League success.

In his book 555 Questions And Answers On Women, Money, Politics, Football, he said: “Playing Football Manager I would take on a team from the English lower division and promote it to the Premier League, where I would win the cups and titles.”

entire artical here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article2206464.ece

Pretty cool. However, I can't say I agree with him on women's rights to drive (I don't like smoking :p).

Explains why he was so keen to join Arsenal...

Except we are already in the Premier League! I do agree on the bit about him helping win cups and titles though, hopefully his FM success will translate into real-life ones. :D

I must disagree on the women driving bit though, that is just a tad sexist.

So thats why his physique is so low. When his team mates are out on the training field, he sits in the dressingroom playing FM on his laptop.

I thought statistics showed women were safer drivers than men. Don't they?

Pretty much. Women have more insurance claims, but they tend to be for superficial damage - scratches, reversing into walls and the like. Men have fewe claims, but are more likely to really mangle the car.

Yes. The statistics do back up the stereotypes!

Poor lad, probably thinks arsenal are as good irl as they are on FM lol.

And footballers only tend to train for a few hours a day, so they have most days free to themselves to do as they please, its why quite a few end up with gambling addictions etc.

how does a pro footballer have time to do that on football manger?

Do you know how many hours that footballers get off per week? I sure as hell wouldn't refer to it as a full time job.

Better playing football manager than getting into bar fights and basically doing a barton.

:D

SI will have a lot to answer for if he becomes disillusioned. :p

And then he'll be on here, going "OMG this is so unrealistic! I demand a patch!"

Don't worry, he has decent adaptability. It says so in Genie Scout, so the man better comply with his stats!

Don't worry, he has decent adaptability. It says so in Genie Scout, so the man better comply with his stats!

Talking about that, wonder if he has an account here on the SI forums and whether he contributes to the analysis of his own stats in the data forums? Would be funny to know. :D

Yeah. We get it, no one cares!

SlayerZ is right, no one cares.

I agree, no one cares.

By gum, SlayerZ is correct! No one cares.

I agree, no one cares.

;)

You don't know your own username ;)

Arshavin has been quality on FM for three or four versions, I bet he always signs himself.

really are they just that unplayable in real life?

i think not

Their style of football suits the match engine, so they appear to do well.

The person who brought up obviously hasn't seen the 9.3.0 Arsenal data, as 50% of the team have got CA/PA reductions.

Don't use sarcasm mate, it doesn't suit you.

Awaiting Andrei Arshavins post on this topic..

If he ever did post, I'd read his words with the "Compare the Meerkat.com" voice put along to them in my head. Also, he'd probably say something like "Am very disappointed! Arsenal no good in real life! Where is Walcott! Not good! And what is woman doing here on forum?!" :p

By the way, no offence intended to anyone from Russia or the Ukraine for the above cartoon stereotype I just displayed. It's the Meerkat's fault.

I hope arsenal get fined over signing him. Only managed to finalise it 1 or 2 days after the window shut, and even past the midnight deadline that was set for clubs affected by the weather.

Man Utd confirmed the Berbatov signing after the August transfer window was closed.

its the fact that all their players are massively over rated

almunia better than shay given?

pfft

check out the likes of wiltshire and ramseys stats

Their players aren't over-rated. They have young players who develop quickly because of the way the game works, and the ME favours their style of play.

Almunia is the lesser of two evils.

Arsenal have the worst players out of the top four in the game.

Archived