BSS/BSN To prem in six seasons ?

i am currently tring this with a made up team on the editor that when you start have no players just a few crappy regen 15/16 yr olds and 200k budget to buy a whole team (22 Players ish) With small made up stadium, a made up poor chairman (lol) Avererage rep for BSS and yeovil town as a parent (not so good as i beat them with my regens in a freindly lol) so far i am a meer 9 games in and unbeaten in the BSS and 8 points clear of second who have a game in hand :thup:

I just want to know has anyone ever done this mammouth of a task in Football Manager 2009 ?

And before i get it all no the board are not loaded with cash, and when i produced this team they had 0 players and 0 staff i have the add key staff turned on and had to build the team from scratch apart from grayed out youngsters who couldnt play football with a newborn ! :p

The reason i created a team was so that i could start from scratch without deleting a team

I did similar, but instead of creating a new team I just put Walton Casuals in the BSS.

Problem is, second season wage budget is £400.

Minimum salary you can offer is £25 a week, meaning I can only afford 16 part-time players, along with the academy (I got lucky with which, a decent striker and goalkeeper.)

Trick is have all England players enabled, then go through the lower leagues with teams like Tow Law and Newcastle Blue Star, and check out every single youngster all these teams have. Time consuming...might be why I am only 2 seasons in...

Managed to get Altrincham from Conference National to Championship in 3 years but not from Blue Square North to Prem. Once I got into the Championship my lack of ticket revenue saw me struggle to stay up. Finished 3 places above relegation but lost 13 of my 20 players as the chairman kept accepting offers saying they were too good to refuse!!! Left them to join Gremio rather than start from scratch with new players again.

currently in an FM08 game as Basingstoke Town, straight promotions (champions every time) from the blue square south to League one. i would say i have a squad more than capable of winning League one with ease. you get loads of French and Spanish clubs offering you Championship quality players on free transfers.

£200k budget!?!? Seriously That is almost £200k higher than the budget of most of the sides in BSS/BSN. But can it be done? Depends really if you are ok with using 3rd party searches (either a tool or other peoples finds) then you can (still required huge effort) but it you rely on your own scouts then no............

200k ? normally you would have no funds and a squad worth about 35 k (depending on team)..

Anyway I am 4 seasons in with Blyth and in league 1. This season is the only really tough season I have had not doing too well. It is definately possible loads have done it. loads have completed dafuges challenge which is really hard.

should be a reasonable challange. I started a game with Dag & Red in the year 2014. They were in the BSS and 2.5mil in debt and in bankruptcy. I won the BSS & BSP back to back. Mid table in Div 2 the next year and currently top mid season. Still in debt so its free transfers only.

yea 200k budget? should be easy enough to get quality players in to get up to league 2 in two seasons, few if any even get 1k budget to work with, so your pretty much the chelsea of BSS.

yes but saying all the other teams have around 20 players compared to the 0 i start with :p

yes but saying all the other teams have around 20 players compared to the 0 i start with :p

I've just finished a season with newly promoted Cambridge City. When I arrived there, it was me, the chairman, a few rubbish kids and a small wage budget - no transfer money at all. I still only narrowly lost out on promotion from the play-offs, so I imagine that if I'd had £200k I'd have absolutely stormed the league.

Believe it or not, having an empty squad is easier than having a squad full of players. It is quite simple to assemble a squad full of free transfers capable of getting promotion from the BSS/N, it is much harder when you have the financial side of getting rid of all the deadwood to deal with as well.

Archived