Financial Issues

I am Cambridge United and have just been promoted into league 2 from the conference. But my problem is is that we are in debt. About 100k of it and i dont know what to do to solve it. My wage's are only 13k per week, 2 k less than the budget and all my signings have been free so i havent spent any money on players. What can i do to get a higher income?

You need t owin game's which you have done by getting promoted so hopefully the fan's start turning out a bit more. Selling player's help's of course & the other option is to get friendlies against team's from higher league's at home, not sure if you could get a prem club but championship club maybe & hopefully that will bring in some nice income.

You should get bigger crowds now you've been promoted, I tend to find that - even after the promotion wage rises - I turn a profit in a higher league unless I buy a load of new players.

If the board aren't worrying about it, I'd just plough on as you are - if you do well, eventually you'll get promoted further up, or be able to sell off a player to clear the debt.

And a high profile friendly or two usually help as well.

I am Cambridge United and have just been promoted into league 2 from the conference. But my problem is is that we are in debt. About 100k of it and i dont know what to do to solve it. My wage's are only 13k per week, 2 k less than the budget and all my signings have been free so i havent spent any money on players. What can i do to get a higher income?
not much, except have decent cup runs and draw a BIG team in the FA Cup...

even if you get promoted to League 1, the club will still be in debt - running costs and additonal payments to players, (Appearance fees, goal bonuses etc), all count against the club finances....

won the treble in my first conference season and thought great! club was in debt still leaving the conference, in debt after promotion from L2 to L1, and in debt from L1 to the Championship....

took one season in the Championship to show any sign of a profit - Premiership is certainly where the money is!

from what I can see, lower leagues below the Championship are a financial tightrope, and you either sell players to survive, or rely on Cup games to bring in more money!

Archived