'Hands on' sugar daddies suggestion

We all know the type, a new owner comes in waving large quantities of money around and promising the manager will retain control of the club's transfer policy, but then comes the influx of signings from the owner's old club...

How easy would it be to implement that sometimes getting a sugar daddy also comes with some transfers being made above your head leaving you to manage (and pick!) players you don't want?

boards with high interference/ambition ratings should be doing this stuff anyway....

ie both buying AND selling players above managers heads.

i think many people would complain if it was implemented like this though, and SI get more than enough complaints about thier games as it is.

It was definitely in previous editions and the money definitely came out of my transfer budget! I was Juventus and had accumulated about 100m quid and i had plans for it too. But so did the cahriman and he bought Tevez for about 89mil and another dude for 25 and put us in debt. I had one of the most potent strike forces in world football and wanted a defender or two to build the squad.

Anyway, if it is not in the current edition, it is something that i would like to see back in because it adds realism. However, i will still be p*ssed off if it happens to me ;-)

Archived